“Malibu Beach fantasy can be real” 4 of 5 stars

310-457-9791
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 81 restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Toronto, Canada
“Malibu Beach fantasy can be real”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

You have to see, visit and enjoy Paradise Cove. First, as you enter, be aware there is parking fee - you don't have to pay the full fee if you have a meal. Next, the menu is comprehensive but your best choices are "beach seafood". Then, you will be pleasantly surprised with the staff courtesy and while there may be a wait, you will be offered a chance to have a drink on the beach. What can beat a drink on Malibu Beach? My wife and I really enjoyed the experience and when in the region, we will definitely go back - when we can commit even more time to enjoying the inside and outside amenities. Romantic setting if beach locations appeal to you and if you have any recollection of beautiful beach movies. Just a fun place to try in a great, unmatchable location.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely beach restaurant but don't get stung on parking charges!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very nice beach with restaurant facilities. You have a limit for parking though and a LONG wait for tables and food which resulted in us getting a hefty charge for parking. Worth a trip down though. Food good and a fun place to be.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a Sunday breakfast here. Everything was great, the eggs Benedict were amazing! Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Over rated experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I visited much hyped Paradise Cove early January. Fortunately there was a free parking offer as the parking fees are ridiculously high.
We didn't book a table but were offered a spot outside on the sand straight away.
The seafood menu is great ranging from calamari, crab, to seafood taco's. There are even good option for the non seafood lovers. My wife isn't a seafood fanatic and asked our waiter for some advise. He recommended the swordfish as it doesn't taste very fishy. She took his advise and ordered the sword fish, I ordered the calamari which is advertised as a appetiser to share.
My portion of calamari with fries was huge and needs to be shared. My wife's swordfish portion was average. It came with a corn on the cob which was half done at best. Her fish was so so and she didn't enjoy it. My calamari's were good but I wouldn't recommend it as a main. It is simply too much. You have to work your way through the calamari first to get to soggy fries. Needless to say I did not finish my meal nor did my wife.
When the waiter came to collect the plate he asked why my wife had not finished her fish. She said that it wasn't nice and she shouldn't have ordered it. Upon which the waiters respond was " well at least you tried". I was expecting a different responds but maybe he did not have a good day.
Eating at Paradise Cove can be a pricey exercise. For those prices I would expect better service and quality of food. Yes the location is cool and I can only imagine sitting there on a hot summers day. That doesn't take away the impression that it is more about the location than anything else.
No need to go to Paradise Cove if you are expecting fine dining.

Hamburg
“If you want Supersize-me portions on your plate, go there, but not if you are looking for a nice cozy place at the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We truly had other expectations when coming here - it all looked a little bit like a tourist trap. Great location directly at the beach, but maybe due to the fact that it was New Year´s and everybody wanted to come to the beach we had to wait an hour for our table (without any reservations) and only got a table inside while we actually wanted to sit outside, but I guess that was our fault. The portions are out of a European view awful. You are just not hungry anymore when looking at the masses of food on your plate. It is just too much to handle. And all the masses of leftovers is a shame - as we had other plans at night we were not keen on doggie bags either. The food was good though. But if you want to enjoy a peaceful nice meal that was for sure not the right place to go - loud, hectic and quite dark inside.When we left it was even more crowded so we were happy to leave....

• Visited January 2014