“Breathtaking!” 5 of 5 stars

Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's a bit of hike to get all the way to the beach but it's worth it! Absolutely beautiful. The reason it's called El Matador beach is because one of the rock formations resembles a bull!

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
109 attraction reviews
“Breathtakingly amazingly beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had researched before our trip, and this was supposed to be so gorgeous, so I put it on our to-do list ... I hope it is on yours! STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS. Quite simply, one of the prettiest scenes I've ever seen. EVER. I think we all ran out of battery power trying to take photos here. So beautiful. We were there on a Monday afternoon in March, so there wasn't any problem finding parking, nor was the beach busy at all. I can't remember what the parking charge was - after a week on a road trip in Southern California, we spent tons on parking so I stopped keeping track! Doesn't matter, it was worth it whatever it was. I don't get the sense this is a "swimming" beach - not with the rocks, but what a wonderful place to walk in the water, soak up the sun, relax in the sand, and just enjoy nature's beauty. Most definitely a trip highlight for us. I think my husband's first words upon his first view were "are you freakin' kidding me?" (because of how wonderful it looked). I can't imagine being lucky enough to leave near here to be able to spend time there on a regular basis!

Visited March 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

After seeing reviews on tripadvisor my girlfriend and I decided to check it out. I'm so glad we did. It was awesome! There's a small parking lot you pull into and you have to pay a small fee like $3 or $6 I think. As soon as you start walking down the trail you just go "wow". The view is breath taking. And there was a total of about 8 people on the WHOLE BEACH when I was there. Well worth visiting if your in California. And the views driving there were amazing too!

Miami, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is one scenic beach. Perfect for great pics or to relax and take in the beauty of the place. It was a bit exhausting to get back up to the car afterwards, but worth the sweat.

Visited February 2014
Columbus, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was the highlight of out trip pictures. Got so many beautiful rock formations. Its a non crowded small beach. Parking space is limited, we had to park our car on the road side. Got many superb shots of birds flying. Before visiting I read many reviews saying its the best Romantic beach. So true! Totally worth the visit.

Visited December 2013