“Surprising lunch experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Surprising lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I were driving the PCH from San Fran to San Diego. We had left Santa Barbara one morning with our destination being Redondo Beach. We decided to look for a place to eat in Malibu but not having much luck, so we asked our GPS to help us. My husband wanted seafood, and this restaurant popped up on our screen. Parking was difficult and we ended up parking in a lot nearby. The menu is basic but I can tell you they know their stuff! I had grilled fish tacos which were amazing. Perfectly seasoned, one of the best I've had. My husband had salmon filet on a bed of pasta. He had nothing but good things to say about his meal. The place has tables outside, and the weather was perfect. What a treat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Chicago
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love the fish grill, I make sure to visit one of their locations when ever I am in LA. I had the Ahi sandwich it was delicious.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Small Roadside Grill in Malibu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

As residents of Malibu, we are always looking for good places to eat that are not overpriced, which isn't always easy in Malibu. We were riding our bicycles down P.C.H., and stopped by the Malibu Pier which by the way is one of my favorite places to walk around and enjoy the beauty of the area. We had seen the Fish Grill cross the street many times and decided to stop and get a bite to eat. We ordered the grilled fish tacos and sat outside and had a very pleasurable time. The food was very good, priced well for Malibu and the staff was attentive. We will certainly stop again and check out the rest of the menu. Loved the atmosphere of the place and the area.

New York
“Excellent fish and wow! Amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Loved, loved, loved this restaurant! My friend and I went for lunch on a beautiful day. We ate outside so we could have a view of the ocean. Wow, was so refreshing! The fish was cooked perfectly (I ordered salmon and my friend had the sea bass-both excellent!). Prices were very average for kosher fish! The service was quick so we were able to have a quick lunch and then head straight out to the beach. I will DEFINITELY come back to this restaurant next time I'm in LA!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Low-key little place on PCH with Grilled Fish - Simple, Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

LA traffic caused us to miss our annual Father's Day soiree at Gladstone's in Pacific Palisades, which enjoys a primo location (which you pay for in food and drinks). We headed on up into Malibu, searching for a casual place to get a quick bite on way into Santa Barbara...We found the Fish Grill, kitty corner from the Malibu pier. With a handful of outside tables, counter service and no alcohol, this is not the place for a long, romantic lunch, but the simple grilled fish tacos and sandwiches were tasty and fresh. The menu is limited - in these kinds of places, best to stick with what you know, right? You pick a type of fish and then decide if you want it sandwich-style, as tacos or on a salad. The tiny kitchen hustles to get your choice to you in just a few minutes. The potato side was surprising but filling and the slaw crisp and lightly dressed. Families around us were enjoying the grilled salmon salad; I enjoyed grilled snapper on a soft bun with lettuce, tomato and a squeeze of lemon. Tab for two with a soda: $22. Hard to beat in a chi-chi area! And if you want to hang around, the beach is across the street and surfboard and SUP rentals next door...the only downside is the parking and access from PCH - we got lucky with a spot but others were not so lucky. FYI it's certified kosher as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere