“Just the place you'd want to be at!” 4 of 5 stars

Malibu Country Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   6506 Westward Beach Road, Malibu, CA 90265 (Malibu)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Malibu B&B and Inns
New Delhi
“Just the place you'd want to be at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were a group of friends who wanted to visit Malibu for a day in our trip to the West Coast. Our experience was really good. A simple, green and beautiful place overlooking the beach from a distance.. a place that does justice to the lovely scenery around it. The staff was helpful, the rooms were well maintained and each room has an open space outside it which makes for a good experience (we had jacuzzi in one of our rooms, and under the open sky overlooking the ocean... it made for a great drench!). Quiet, beautiful and simple - I'd visit this place again if ever I am in that region.

Room Tip: Sea view varies from room to room, and so do a few amenities like jacuzzi. One might want to ask for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This little motel is very clean and nice. We stayed in the large suite overlooking the property with a nice, but limited view of the ocean. The room was spacious but stuffy, with the standard wall mounted airconditioner under the the window. The spacious balcony was great for subathing. Pariking, shared with the adjacent Kristy's restaurant (which is great by the way - see my review on Kristy's), is on a steep grade, which makes it a challenge to navigate. Hoetel staff is pleasant and helpful. Overall a quaint little spot only a quater-mile from the beach, but price is a lttle high for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I felt guilty for not writing this review yesterday, but honestly I was struggling with my conscious because we found this unbelievable hidden boutique inn tucked away in the bluffs of Malibu, and I almost didn't want to share it, to keep it to myself. But, it warrants the greatest review I can give. If you are looking for privacy, like good service with a 5-star restaurant (in my opinion), then this is the place to sneak away to. Enjoy the well maintained tropical grounds with fantastic views, friendly staff, bohemian boutique with a freshly updated room decor. Glad I found it, definitely going back in the winter to enjoy the fireplace in the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Zurich/Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was our second stay within 8 months. One reason for our return visit was the location (short drive to a beautiful beach) and the friendly staff. We booked one of the more affordable rooms (accommodations in Malibu are on the expensive side) with flatscreen TV & fridge. The king size bed was comfortable, but the sheets are scratchy (and our duvet cover was dirty). Cleaning could be improved, the wifi was weak and there is no breakfast offered. That said, it is a good place to spend one night in Malibu.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here with my family on the first night of my family's visit to the US. We travelled straight from LAX after our flight got in during the evening. We had a nightmare trying to find it, and we ended up driving all over LA trying to get the correct direction. 11 hour flight = one very tired family + driving on the wrong side of the road (for me) somehow led to 4 hours from LAX to here when it should have taken 30 minutes. That was all my own fault however, but anyway. We phoned them on several occasions during our travel that evening and and they tried their best to give me directions but my brain couldn't quite transfer that to a successful drive. We eventually arrived at 02:30hrs and they had left us the key under the mat and we had been put into a nicer room than we had booked with no extra charge. The room was lovely. Big comfy bed, fire left on for us, just what I needed after my self inflicted ordeal! The following morning we woke to a great view of the beach and the sun shining. The bill was settled up with front desk without any issues at all and we then ate at the sort of attached restaurant Kirsty's, which was ok. Very good service but not much of the all American breakfast I was looking for.
Overall the staff at this location were great, the beds comfy and proximity to the beach was a definite plus. We only wished we stayed longer.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It would have been perfect if breakfast was included in the price, but apart from that a very good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Zaragoza, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

These hotel is located in a very beautiful area of Malibu.

The rooms are quite big and in my case a terrace was available, too. The bed was a large one and the service at the reception very nice.

However, it seems to be a common place for couples, sometime very noisy !

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cape Cod, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have to say the service at the Malibu Country Inn is better than many 5 star hotels, they truly care about your experience. The GM Ivy goes above and beyond! Very convenient to Zuma beach and Malibu in general.

Thank-you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Malibu Country Inn? Share your experiences!