I have stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn 5+ times in my life. I have to say every time I stay there I am extraordinarily happy.
Let's start with the location. The hotel is built on stilts on the ocean. You get a great sea breeze and the sounds of crashing waves if you leave your patio open. If you shut your patio you don't hear the ocean so you can pick. Also there is a park over to the right (when looking at the hotel from the street) where you can go for a run, go surfing or do a short nature hike into that is on the beach. Plus the pier is great for a relaxing stroll.
Second, when you show up there is typically a water station, free freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, and also salt water taffy for you to snack on while they check you in. The front desk is very responsive and honestly tries to put you in the best room possible.
Third, every room is awesome that I've ever stayed in. Each room has a private balcony, a fire place, a large comfy bed, a barefoot dreams blanket, The bathrooms are clean and well appointed with great products. Typically Molton Brown products. The coffee machine is a K-cup brand machine, its not nespresso but does the trick.
Fourth, the restaurant is literally a balcony over looking the water with waves crashing. I am usually there for business but who cares its amazing, has heat lamps to keep you warm, and the food is really high quality. I've never had a bad meal there.
Lastly, when you wake up they have free fresh brewed coffee and usually a muffin or banana bread to select from. I also suggest calling them up to book often they will match online booking engine prices even if a deal is sold out.
I do a fair bit of business in LA proper and I drive the extra 30 mins everytime I can to stay at the Malibu beach Inn. I've stayed there with my girlfriend in the past as well and honestly, it is one of her favorite hotels and we stay at luxury hotels when we travel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Beach Inn Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast