“Why not?!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Madera
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Why not?!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We've used this hotel as a refuge in order to visit three parks: Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Excellent value for money, nice people, decent breakfast and clean. However, that's not the most important value. The strategic advantage of this hotel is excellent. Do not pay $ 150+ in order to stay in or closeby a park. Spend less then half and some gas on this nice establishment. As all our night, it was an impulse planning that led up to this hotel and we've could have stayed much longer, if we did not have so much road to travel ;-)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I recently spent a month on an extended stay basis at the Madera Valley Inn in Madera, California. We were extremely impressed with the friendly staff , the prompt service, the comfortable beds and the reasonable rates. Most importantly, we were treated as if we were family members and actually missed the environment after our house closed and we moved into our new home. I would highly recomment the Madera Valley Inn to anyone who has occasion to venture through the central valley of California.
Ron and Marolyn Heiss

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kanab Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I spent three days at the Madera Valley Inn. It is pretty much the same as when it was built nearly 40 years ago when I was a resident of Madera. The rooms are generous in size but the furniture is probably the original except maybe the bed. The lobby is inviting, there is a restaurant,a bar and a swimming pool. The employees in all areas were very pleasant and helpful. Except for the occasional freight train sounding it's warning horn as it passed some 1000 ft from the building, it was very quiet. I would suggest Madera Valley Inn to anyone wanting a nice place to stay at a very reasonable price. The government center and police department are directly across from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I recently spent a few day at the Madera Valley Inn in order to visit friends in the valley and to take some day trips into the mountains. I had a very nice room. It was very large and very comfortable; each morning I had coffee and read the paper and sat on the sofa in my room. It was also a great place to watch tv. A free continental breakfast is provided each morning. My room was clean and the staff was always willing to help when I needed something. I could have stayed at one of the new brand name properties but when I checked rates discovered the Madera Valley Inn is a best buy. There is a restaurant on site and a lounge.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I am from the San Joaquin Valley and relocated to the central coast about 15 years ago. When I travel back home to visit relatives my husband and I usually spend at least one night at the Madera Valley Inn. We have never had a problem with this place what so ever. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful and most importantly the rooms have been clean and fresh. People have complained about the continental breakfast, but you have to remember it's there more for a snack and not a buffet. My husband and I are late risers but there has always been coffee (free) for us downstairs upon check out. The interior is a little dated, but this place has been around for a long time. It's kind of like a little diamond in the rough! The cost is excellent and if you have AAA you qualify for their discount. If you're ever passing through give it a try, you won't be disappointed. (And take a look around and try to grab some breakfast at Chubby's diner over by Wal-Mart, they are awesome!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

I enjoyed staying at the Madera Valley Inn. It was quiet and comfortable, and most importantly for me it had a great little dining room downstairs.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a safe and dependable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Bawston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

The room was average, clean, quiet and spacious. The staff was really nice. They treated us really well and even gave us a wedding gift!
The breakfast was average.
If you arrive at night, it's a big tough to find a place to eat (specially on the weekend) but you can rely on Dominos pizza...).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!