“Outdated !” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Madera
Los Angeles, California
“Outdated !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Price was ok , but really dated furnishings ! A bit noisy , I think there is a railroad track nearby . Bed a tad too soft for my taste . Carpets in need of a make-over , furniture a bit old . Breakfast though continental was really sad ! Coffee , juice , cereal and danish . Now there is a coffee shop next door & a starbucks across the street . Did not try the coffee shop . Stayed here only one time and only cause my other hotel in area was all booked ! Staff was pleasant , but really dated hotel & only recommend if nothing else is available . There is also a Holiday Inn across the street .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Being as tired as we were I figured cheap is best we just needed a shower and some sleep. Well no shower from how dirty it was I wasn't risking athletes feet. Hairs on the bathroom floor. Bed was horrible and hard as the ground. Remote didn't work although I couldn't relax enough to watch t.v if I wanted. I was scared of our car getting broke into. Just save the 60 dollars stay at a rest stop your better off. Or be smart and pay the extra 4o dollars and stay at the nice Holiday Inn Express acroos the street . which is the chain of hotels where I usually stay. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Days Inn..
Terrible hotel. For the money the most expensive hotel in years. Dirty, poorly maintained, poor bed, unusable heater due to the unbearable noise, poor noise resitant construction. I payed 60 dollars. The only thing to make it right in my opinion is to give me back my money because I was as unsatisfied as one can be... Will you make this right?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Checked in at 1pm & checked out at 8pm same day because I feared for my safety staying overnight there. Was a large group of men hanging out all afternoon in the parking lot and in front of their rooms, drinking and carrying on and it only got worse as evening came. I decided to get the heck out of there when a few "ladies of the night" showed up and the the group of men followed them to various rooms. This place was loud, scary, and had quite a bit of questionable activity going on. My advice if you have to stay in Madera -- stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed there twice - nice room, great beds and no scary creatures hanging around day and night. The only reason I booked a room at Days Inn was because I had my dogs with me, but this place was too scary, even for my dogs!!! Called the manager the next day to ask for a refund and after quite a few heated words between us, he agreed to refund me half of my room charge. Another classic case of you get what you pay for....the room is cheap - $55 - but I'd rather pay twice that amount to feel safe and secure. I was scared leaving my vehicle in the parking lot for any length of time not to mention myself.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Southern Californian
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

Upon arrival we were met by a very unfriendly counterperson, in a not very pleasing lobby. Our room was located upstairs convently located by the stairs (no elevator). Luckily we didn't have much luggage. I knew we were in trouble a soon as we open the door...a musty smell greeted us and a very dirty carpet. The first thing we always check is the bathroom and this one was barely passable (mildew was minimal), but the toilet was clean. The sink was also passible but not the Ritz. Looking up over the clothes rack was a spider web that looked like it had been there since the last century. Most webs are almost clear and hard to see, but this one was black and hanging from the ceiling and wall. The bed also was as old as the building. After a restless night we went down to the lobby for our "complementary breakfast" and found stale donuts and instant coffee. Needless to say, we won't be staying at a Days Inn again.

• Liked — Close to main highway
  • Disliked — Dirty, old, unkept
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sacramento ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

found this place to be very much a mixed bag...on the plus side location near freeway , nice clean pool and very nice and accomodating staff,,rooms were clean with micro and fridge, but water pressure in shower was laughable , toilet seemed to be threatening to overflow at each use, lawn chairs at the pool looked and felt ancient- the whole place was still generally okay, but needs some tlc to head off further decline.

• Liked — staff, micor and fridge
  • Disliked — popor shower. old pool furnitiure
  • Tips/Secrets — this may not be veryones cup of tea, but okay for a quick overnight
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Madera? Share your experiences!