“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Madera
Elgin, Illinois
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I particularly liked this HIE. In talking to staff, we were given tips for Yosemite and offered a treat bag for the kiddos for our hiking that day. The breakfast was very nice and kept clean and fresh. When all seats were taken, the manager obtained more tables and chairs and put them out and apologized the wait to people. The pool was nice and spread out. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Would recommend this to others heading this way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Susie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write a review. It gave me great pleasure to read your review. We here at Holiday Inn Express in Madera strive for excellent customer service. We are so happy to hear that your stay was a great experience. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We all hope to see you and your family very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Chester, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

What a great place to stay if you are going to Yosemite! My family and I stayed here for two nights, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool was small but clean and there was plenty of space to enjoy the weather. It is not far from Yosemite so it was the perfect place to set up our base. If you stay in Yosemite, you will pay far more.

Breakfast was very good, rooms clean and VERY spacious. I would definitely come here again with the family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you for the compliments they are very much appreciated. Our location is a great place because we are a short drive to Yosemite. It's our goal to make every guest happy and their stay a memorable one, especially when on vacation. We welcome you back anytime and thank you for your feedback.
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My 13 year old and I stayed here for a softball tournament in Madera, CA, this past weekend. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was very clean, had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Great water pressure! My only room complaint was that I wasn't able to control the temperature in the room. It didn't want to come on automatically, so I had to get up several times during the night to lower the temp to make it kick on. Breakfast was good.
Now to the part where I hope they come through. Our friends car was backed into while in the parking lot.(no one contacted the front desk, left a note, etc) There are security cameras all over and they were told the owner of the hotel had access to them and would look at them to see if they could see who was parked next to them and who hit their car. I hope he comes through for them, otherwise this makes for a really expensive weekend. Great spot and I would stay here again. The pool looked nice, we just didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor fairly close to the elevator and I didn't hear it at all during our...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Top of the line Holiday Inn Express. Nice, roomy, clean rooms and a friendly staff. The free breakfast is great, but if you want to do something different after a day or two, the Starbucks and Farnesi's restaurant is just across the street. If you must come to Madera, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I had business associates, and I heard all rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Susie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for all your wonderful feedback. We are pleased that your stay at our hotel was a gratifying experience. We are glad that our staff was great and the food was excellent. Our location is centrally located near the main shopping strip, with a variety of restaurants. From everyone here "thank you" it was a pleasure serving you.
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great accomodations right next to Home Depot. It was not my 1st choice, as I failed to make reservations at the 'other' Holiday Inn Express in town, but they were nice enough to call ahead and make sure that this location had an available room. From the time I checked in to the time I left, Mr. Patel, the Manager made sure to my every accomodation. The front desk receptionist was friendly and organized, The rooms were clean and orderly, the breakfast the next morning was hot with lots of variety and pleasant people serving us and making sure my needs were met. This has become my "New" favorite hotel for the Madera area.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean & quiet. Access to the freeway takes a few turns, but it is still worth the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Best sales 123,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. I really enjoyed your review and will defienety share it with the staff. I am happy to hear that Mr. Patel made sure to honor all your requests and that staff was friendly and organized. We strive for perfection whether its at the front desk or in the breakfast buffet I am glad to hear you had a great experience during breakfast. We look forward to being your "New" favorite hotel.
See you soon!
Napa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here one night for a business trip. The hotel is very well maintained, and the front desk staff helpful. My only complain was we faced the street. It was a bit noisy, but still not to bad. Finding a restaurant using tripadvisor does not work so well. There are so few restaurants with reviews that things are warped. Think subway is the # 9 and Taco Bell the #10 restaurant in Madera.

Room Tip: Get a romm away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
H0lidayInnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Mark672,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff were helpful I will definetly pass this on to the team. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had with your room facing the street. Usually our property does not get any traffic noise. I do agree that tripadvisor does not work as far as restaraunts are concerned.
Best Regards
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotwire rated this hotel as a 3 star, it is not! Booked this hotel for 4 people through hotwire express rate. Hotwire made a booking for a king bed room. When called, stated that is what they do to get a good rate. A king bed for 4 people? Had to ask for a manager to change the room. The room had only sheer curtains, no drapes to block the light shining right into the window. The guy who was sent to check on the curtains just laughed at us. Will not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Alibri1,
I would like to take this time to personally apologize to you for the experience you had with the third party booking as well as with our hotel. We do take this review very serious and have already educated all our employees on the drapes. The room is equipped with the sheers and blackouts they were just pulled completely back and were not visiable . It is our company standard to have these in every room. I apologize if our front desk agent did not provide a professional demeanor when examing your issue. I hope you would give our hotel another chance I would personally make sure you had a suite and a great nights sleep. Please email me if you are in our area guerrasusie@gmail.com or call the hotel and ask for me.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Madera? Share your experiences!