“Hope they come through for our friends” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Madera
San Luis Obispo, California
“Hope they come through for our friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My 13 year old and I stayed here for a softball tournament in Madera, CA, this past weekend. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was very clean, had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Great water pressure! My only room complaint was that I wasn't able to control the temperature in the room. It didn't want to come on automatically, so I had to get up several times during the night to lower the temp to make it kick on. Breakfast was good.
Now to the part where I hope they come through. Our friends car was backed into while in the parking lot.(no one contacted the front desk, left a note, etc) There are security cameras all over and they were told the owner of the hotel had access to them and would look at them to see if they could see who was parked next to them and who hit their car. I hope he comes through for them, otherwise this makes for a really expensive weekend. Great spot and I would stay here again. The pool looked nice, we just didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor fairly close to the elevator and I didn't hear it at all during our...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Top of the line Holiday Inn Express. Nice, roomy, clean rooms and a friendly staff. The free breakfast is great, but if you want to do something different after a day or two, the Starbucks and Farnesi's restaurant is just across the street. If you must come to Madera, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I had business associates, and I heard all rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Susie G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for all your wonderful feedback. We are pleased that your stay at our hotel was a gratifying experience. We are glad that our staff was great and the food was excellent. Our location is centrally located near the main shopping strip, with a variety of restaurants. From everyone here "thank you" it was a pleasure serving you.
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great accomodations right next to Home Depot. It was not my 1st choice, as I failed to make reservations at the 'other' Holiday Inn Express in town, but they were nice enough to call ahead and make sure that this location had an available room. From the time I checked in to the time I left, Mr. Patel, the Manager made sure to my every accomodation. The front desk receptionist was friendly and organized, The rooms were clean and orderly, the breakfast the next morning was hot with lots of variety and pleasant people serving us and making sure my needs were met. This has become my "New" favorite hotel for the Madera area.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean & quiet. Access to the freeway takes a few turns, but it is still worth the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Best sales 123,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. I really enjoyed your review and will defienety share it with the staff. I am happy to hear that Mr. Patel made sure to honor all your requests and that staff was friendly and organized. We strive for perfection whether its at the front desk or in the breakfast buffet I am glad to hear you had a great experience during breakfast. We look forward to being your "New" favorite hotel.
See you soon!
Napa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here one night for a business trip. The hotel is very well maintained, and the front desk staff helpful. My only complain was we faced the street. It was a bit noisy, but still not to bad. Finding a restaurant using tripadvisor does not work so well. There are so few restaurants with reviews that things are warped. Think subway is the # 9 and Taco Bell the #10 restaurant in Madera.

Room Tip: Get a romm away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
H0lidayInnExpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Mark672,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that the front desk staff were helpful I will definetly pass this on to the team. I do apologize for any inconvenience you had with your room facing the street. Usually our property does not get any traffic noise. I do agree that tripadvisor does not work as far as restaraunts are concerned.
Best Regards
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotwire rated this hotel as a 3 star, it is not! Booked this hotel for 4 people through hotwire express rate. Hotwire made a booking for a king bed room. When called, stated that is what they do to get a good rate. A king bed for 4 people? Had to ask for a manager to change the room. The room had only sheer curtains, no drapes to block the light shining right into the window. The guy who was sent to check on the curtains just laughed at us. Will not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Alibri1,
I would like to take this time to personally apologize to you for the experience you had with the third party booking as well as with our hotel. We do take this review very serious and have already educated all our employees on the drapes. The room is equipped with the sheers and blackouts they were just pulled completely back and were not visiable . It is our company standard to have these in every room. I apologize if our front desk agent did not provide a professional demeanor when examing your issue. I hope you would give our hotel another chance I would personally make sure you had a suite and a great nights sleep. Please email me if you are in our area guerrasusie@gmail.com or call the hotel and ask for me.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice hotel, I stay at this hotel chain as often as I can and I'm never disappointed. The staff personalities vary but it's expected, we don't live in a perfect world. My main concern is always a clean comfortable bed and clean bathroom, and safety, of course. The one thing that would be appreciated is outlet access at the nightstand table. I've come in very late at times with low batteries on my iPad and cell phone would like to use them while in bed. This would be a big plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your review of your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Madera. It is nice to hear that you had a clean comfortable bed and clean bathroom and you felt safe here. We absoulety loved your feedback on the lack of outlets and we most definetly will be making some changes. We look forward to your return to our property.
Talmage, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was the first hotel on our 6 day trip from Ukiah, Ca to Killeen, Tx and was a bad start to our trip. Parking was terrible. Not nearly enough spaces for the number of rooms. The room was not clean, especially the bathroom. The floor and tub area had not been cleaned thoroughly for a long time. Everything in the room was dust and smelly. But the worse was the smoking. As you enter the hotel lobby you pass by a bench right withing 5-6 feet of the doors and was where all the smokers sat. You had to pass through a fog of tobacco smoke to enter the lobby. One of my children has asthma and was certainly irritated, as was the rest of us, by having to breath second hand smoke. Would not stay here again. Also was over priced for condition of hotel. Stay clear unless you are a smoker.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Susie G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Madera, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I must say I am so very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have taken you review very serious and we most defiently will be making some changes on our outside bench area to make sure we keep any one from smoking in reach of any guest that may be walking into the hotel. Please contact me via email if your coming back to hotel to ensure a terrific stay guerrasusie@gmail.com.
Once again I thank you for your feedback this is how we know what we need to improve on. Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Madera? Share your experiences!