“Very nice room” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Murrieta, California
“Very nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I choose this hotel because last time we traveled the area we noticed this hotel sits in the same lot as a Black Bear Diner. Room had a small kitchenette, a separate (by half wall) sitting/office room with a sofa and desk. Very comfortable bed and great shower. Free wifi, clean and nicely laid out. Staff was friendly and helpful. Got in late and just walked across parking lot for dinner at Black Bear, awesome!

Room Tip: ask for room in back, on quiet side....eat at Black Bear Diner
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
WINCHESTER,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

For my job, I travel down the 99 every week and I always stop at this hotel. There is plenty of semi truck parking in the near by dirt area. Every week I have received EXCELLENT service from ALL the employees and management. The rooms are very modern and spacious. With high ceilings and balconys. Yes there is a freeway near by. Also a great place to eat right next store. This hotel does have a wonderful breakfast.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have higher ceilings
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

What a pleasure to find such an attractive and roomy suite in Madera,California. I'll keep my eyes open for other Marriott Springhill Suites in future. The rooms overall are very big and the appointments modern and attractive, both in the suite and reception. Wireless internet and breakfast are included and this is a super value.

• Stayed November 2012
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was on my way home from Hwy 4 up north! Honestly the only reason I stopped here, besides being tired, was because one of my favorite restaurant " Black Bear Diner" was in same parking lot. I stay at a lot of hotels on travels. Some would call me a "Hotel snob" and this honestly was the best hotel I have stayed at. For the price this was a nice and happy surprise! The bed was very comfortable and there was lots of space. They even had paper plates and two sets of utensils! I loved the site of the living room and the way the room was set up and decorated. I did not hear noisy during my sleep because I am accustomed to sleeping with ear plugs at hotels to block out any noise and get a good nights sleep! (I recommend this for all who stay at a hotel) I read in another review about the highway noise on the other side of the hotel, this is one reason I recommend earplugs to every traveler.) If I am in the area again I would definitely stay here and recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Away from ice machine, snacks and elevator. I also stay at top level to avoid noise from people upst...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here from one night not impressed, for a couple of reason. I stayed a couple of months ago. If you are one side of the hotel, you will hear the highway noise (it is fairly load), it may not bother some, but bothers me. I was on that side, and asked to be switched. I had reserved a double bed, and having gold marriott status, ask if there was an upgrade to a king bed on the less noisy side of the hotel. She said yes, but the upgade would cost me $20 more. I said usually if the room is available, Gold status usually gets a complimentary upgrad. She said no, the only thing that gold status gets above silver status is more points. I got to get on the more quite side, but in a double bed.

Later that evening, I printed out the Gold Status benefits for the front desk clerk. She said okay, I will move you, by this time I was already settled. Just unbeliveable the front desk clerk did not know. I don't expect to be upgraded if there is not a room available, but obiviously there was one, because she was going to charge me.

The rooms was nice, as well as the modern look inside of the lobby. Just too close to the freeway for me, and uninformed front desk clerk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
fatmd, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Madera, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear IWALY,
I am sorry to hear of your frustration during your recent stay. Being that Springhill Suites is an all Suite property, we technically do not have "upgrades" and each of our bed types are priced separately. I appologize for any confusion this may have caused you.

You are right that highway noise can bother some travelers. We occasionally hear this, but more often hear how conveniently located our property is to the highway. Possibly the next time you stay with us, you should request a room nearest Black Bear Diner as those rooms are furthest from the road.

Thank you for your comments. We take every review seriously and use them all to improve our service.

Most Sincerely,

Deanne Edwards
West Sussex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The website describes this hotel as being in a "convenient location near Yosemite National Park". By English standards this hotel is nowhere near, and it took approx 2 1/2 hours of driving along a lot of hairpin bends on mountainous roads to get there, after our visit to Yosemite that day. It was so exhausting that we didn't go back to Yosemite on the second day as planned, but recovered from the journey lounging by the pool all day, which we had exclusive use of.

The hotel itself is very nice, it's just the location. Theres nothing much I can say about Madera itself.

The hotel interior is very stylish, if you like that kind of contemporary minimal look (we do). The bedrooms were very spacious, with an extra sitting area with fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: request a ground floor poolside room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Westsussex10,
Thank you for your review! You are correct that our property is not "close" to Yosemite National Park. But as your traveled that georgeous road into the Yosemite valley, I am sure you noticed that there are very few hotels with a minimum of 3 stars along the route. There are several travel lodge style properties and we are one of the closest Marriott's to the park.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our pool area. I hope you will consider staying with again while traveling through California. We are a great mid way stop over!

Thanks again!

Deanne Edwards
No. California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Madera. We stayed at this hotel, and really liked it. Room was very modern and clean. Hallways were nice and bright. Perfect for our little family. Pool was nice, breakfast was plentiful. Recommend for staying at when in town. Close to the freeway too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
fatmd, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Madera, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Peteymom,
Thank you so much for your great review of our property here in Madera. Yes, the Springhill Suites brand by Marriott is a great product. We are truly unique and our staff enjoys hearing from our guests on how much you enjoy the hotel. Please remember us the next time you are traveling through the Central Valley. We are always here for you!

Been to SpringHill Suites Madera? Share your experiences!