“Great morning at good value” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ranchs, Ranch & Farm
Activities: Horseback riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Western Entertainment Centre offers full day, half-day or evening activities including horseback and outfitting trips, barbeques, rodeos, horse-drawn sleight rides and lots more for people of all ages.
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, UK
13 attraction reviews
“Great morning at good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We decided to take a trek at the end of our holiday - we had done this before in New Mexico, so kind of knew what to expect. The trails were a little narrow, and it would have been nice to move the horse about a bit more. But it was great value for money and we had a lovely 2 hour ride. Beautiful views, and a great guide. We had lunch afterwards which was very nice. I would recommend - not for children perhaps, but definitely if you fancy a nice morning trot!

Visited July 2014

Pickering On
“Vacation 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just want to start by saying that I have read an awful lot of these reviews on here, and cannot for the life of me,understand how anyone could have a problem with the ranch or the trails!
Not being an expert on riding, hell I have only been on a horse one other time in my life! I found the ranch to be awesome! Very easy to book, very friendly staff, and a great ride in all.
I took the 2 hour trail ride with my family of 4. Our guide was very pleasent and understanding and down right fun to be with. The mountain views were specatular!! Alot of riding is done in the forest, which is just fine on a 30C day in Kananaskis Country.
Many have complained that the ride is just a "walk through the bush"! Maybe if you are looking for more adventure, you should have said so at the desk when you booked your ride??

All in all a very nice experience. Highly recommended if you want to experience trail riding, without having to worry about landing on your backside!!

Visited July 2014
Canmore, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“2 Hr Trail ride a bit slow, Great Facility and Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently tried out the 2 hour trail ride with Boundary Ranch. We were hoping for the 3 hour ridge ride but they would't run it without 4 people and we were a party of 2. Instead we joined the 2 hr tour. There were 5 guests going and 1 Ranch tour guide. I found the staff extremely friendly and laid back. Several staff members were in the coral to help us mount our horses. The horses were lovely. Well mannered, a nice size, beautiful animals. The ride quickly ascends to ridge over looking the valley and it was BEAUTIFUL. We stopped in a clearing for a photo op and the tour guide happily offered to take pictures for everyone. The rest of the ride is a slow walk along a mountain trail through the forest. It is beautiful but I would have preferred some meadows and more views of the mountains around us. There was nothing wrong with the ride, it just was a little slow and lacking the views I'd hoped for. The tour guide was awesome, friendly and patient. She seemed to really like her job and was happy to chat. When we returned we wanted a snack in their restaurant/bar but they were about to close, however they kindly offered to do a quick basket of fries for us which was really nice considering they were already cleaned up and ready to go home. We were able to have some fries and couple of cold beers at a lovely picnic table overlooking the mountains and meadows of the ranch. The ranch is very well maintained with beautiful and well kept facilities. A wedding was going on and I can see why they chose this location. It was breathtaking on a sunny day.

Perth, Australia
21 attraction reviews
“2 hr trail ride - walked whole way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Boundary Ranch is a beautiful property and horses were very well looked after, however, I was expecting a little more from the horse riding experience. We (the horses) walked the whole time. There wasn't even a chance to trot. Being in Kananaskis, I was hoping for more opportunities to look out to the view of the mountains etc but we only got this chance once within the first 45 mins. The rest of the ride was amongst the trees.

Horses were well behaved. It was a pleasant experience but I've been to another horse riding ranch in Kananaskis which was a more fun/interesting ride.

San Antonio, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Slippery When Wet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my ride -but I was the only experienced rider in the group. There had been recent heavy rain, and a number of steep portions of the trail were 6 - 12" deep in mud. There were two or three near mishaps with horses stumbling or slipping; had they fallen, the riders could easily have been injured.

The horses were generally very well behaved and appeared well kept. The scenery was lovely - both forest and ridgeline views - and the staff were helpful.

But my point is that what may be a reasonably safe trail for novices when it's dry is NO place for them when it's wet. I can understand it's impractical to maintain a wilderness trail - and certainly the very ruggedness is part of the fun for the experienced rider. But I think Boundary Ranch should exercise a little more care in matching its guests' skill levels to the trail conditions, as well as they do to the horses.