“Easter Bunny Delivers!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kananaskis Country
Calgary
“Easter Bunny Delivers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

We just arrived home from a Easter weekend getaway at the Lodge at Kananaskis, and we will definitely return.

This was our first time to the Lodge, but from the number of families there it must be a tradition for a lot of people. On top of their regular programs there was a full slate of activities to keep the kids engaged all weekend. The amazing thing was that, with all the kids there, it was not noisy and the facilities never seemed crowded.

We were in the area early and the hotel had no porblem with an early check-in. Apart from some lagging service at one dinner, the staff was exceptional: polite, helpful, and approachable.

We booked on points and had the lowest level room, but even so found it very comfortable and well appointed.

Overall a great experience... and we didin't even scratch the surface of the area attractions (skiing, hiking, biking).

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

My wife and I decided to stay at the Kananaskis Lodge last minute - essentially had nothing to do on a Friday night so we drove out and stayed! The staff were extremely polite and friendly - everywhere we went we were greeted with smiles.
We ate at Brady's restaurant and had the best Veal I had ever tasted. Brady's isn't as presentable as the Fireweed Grill, but the food makes up for it. The service at Brady's was great and I would recommend eating here.
We loved the pool in the resort spent a few good hours here. The hot tub is partially indoors, and partially outdoors. If you come here, make sure to head outside in the hot tub and take in the cool mountain air and count the stars!

• Stayed April 2006
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2006

I've travelled to the Kananaskis area before and stayed at the Executive Resort, but I got a great price for the Delta and decided that this time we'd splurge and stay there. I think next time I will save the money and spend it on a longer ski day.

The rooms are nice, but nothing too spectacular - clean, tidy, slightly dark. I was somewhat disappointed when, despite requesting a non-smoking room, we were given a room that clearly had just been converted for the occasion, as the odour of smoke was still quite strong in the room. The front desk, when I inquired, assured me that it was indeed a non-smoking room. I guess that means that I was just imagining things. :)

The pool area was nice as well ... the indoor/outdoor hot tub was quite relaxing after a day of skiing. We were told that there were times in the day when no children were allowed in the hot tub -- maybe we should have held out for that time, because it was like a ten-year-old's birthday party while we were in there! Beautiful to be out in the hot tub with snow falling regardless, however.

In terms of restaurants, we didn't have a ton of time to try them out, but we did have dinner at the Grill. Food and wine were excellent - desserts in particular were amazing and I strongly suggest partaking!

I think overall my disappointment stems from the fact that I was expecting much more (in comparison to other Deltas in Canada). Also, the fact that this is where the G8 summit was held -- I think I was looking for something a little higher scale with a staff that went out of its way to make your stay pleasant. I felt that this resort really catered to families ... maybe we didn't fit into their usual clientele, and that's why I felt these things were lacking.

I think that next time, I will return to the Executive Resort with its lower prices, fewer amentities ... but nicer rooms, better service and tasty apples!

• Stayed February 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2006

What A awesome place my husband and i stayed in the king executive suite with hot tub in room (huge room)
staff was awesome.
I LOVED IT.

• Stayed February 2006
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

We stayed 3 nights in the Signature Club section in 8/05 and loved it. The free breakfast was good and the room was quiet and comfortable, with a good bed. The advertised "room with a view" didn't have much of one, but that was a minor fault. Seasons restaurant was good but not great (overly complex and ambitious dishes), but the "market" restaurant (forget the exact name) in the main hotel was very good.

• Stayed August 2005
denver colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

This Beautiful Hotel in the midst of the beautiful mountains was a great hotel with nice rooms. i Have stayed there numerous times and had a 2-floor room everytime. The room had stairs leading up to a loft which had 2beds and a sofa couch on the main part that also had a nice fireplace by the t.v. If you are heading out to this area, I indefintley suggest staying here(if you like to shop and are worried that there is no place close to shop, dont fret, they have a mini-mall on site)

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2005

What can I say - my family simply loves the Delta Lodge At Kananaskis! As former residents of Calgary, we spent a lot of time in the mountains in Kananaskis Country - and whenever possible we also stayed at the Lodge.

Now living in Winnipeg, we have travelled back twice in the last 3 years and each time have made a return visit to the Lodge. While the mountains and the wildlife are a big part of why we visit Kananaskis, it is truly rewarding to return the Lodge at the end of each day and enjoy the wonderful facilities.

The pool and fitness centre are quite spacious; along with the large pool and numerous types of fitness equipment, you will also find an indoor-outdoor hot tub as well as a steam room complete with infused eucalyptus vapours (wow!). For those that desire, there is a full scale spa on site to provide any necessary pampering.

The rooms are very comfortable; we stayed in a loft suite that included a fireplace (logs provided), fridge, dining table, sofa bed and two queen beds up in the loft. This suite even has two bathrooms - one on the main level and one in the loft.

The staff at the Lodge are all extremely friendly and will do everything possible to make your stay more enjoyable.

We will most definitely continue to be regular guests at the Delta Lodge At Kananaskis.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Delta Lodge at Kananaskis? Share your experiences!