“It Wasn't Quite What I Expected but I Want to Return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 attractions in Los Osos
Type: Forests
Attraction Details
Templeton California
“It Wasn't Quite What I Expected but I Want to Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was a perfect walk for us because my husband has a tough time walking for very long and I usually go on ahead and sometimes we hardly ever see each other after the first ten minutes. The boardwalk made it easier for us to stay together most of the way. We also appreciated the benches provided here and there along the way for people who need to stop and rest.

We appreciated the handy guide with the map and nature notes provided as we entered on 16th Street. It made it easy to plan our walk and not get lost. We only had an hour to spend and getting lost wasn't allowed for on our schedule. It was an easy walk in a scenic place that can be finished in under an hour. I especially like the views from Bush Lupine Point and Siena's View. I was able to take a lot of photos.

Visited January 2014

CA
“Otherworldy sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Spanish moss dangling on a lot of the oaks. There is a special species of oak here not found many other places. They have grotesque look about them and are really quite beautiful. Very nice hike.

Visited June 2013
Los Osos, California
“Walk through Elfin Magic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live near this magical little forest. I enjoy this beautiful space most early in the morning. Sunrise, or shortly afterwards it is just spectacular with the sun raising in the east and glistening off the serine waters of the Morro Bay back bay. Every time I come to the Elfin Forrest I am reminded why I love living on the central coast.

Visited November 2013
Los Osos, California
37 attraction reviews
“Secret of the Locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This little-known preserve is a wonderful place to renew your inner peace. The winding boardwalk makes it easy for anyone to enjoy, including your canine best friend. I pause at the overlooks to enjoy the vista of Morro Bay and the sand spit that separates it from the ocean. If you go on the early side of the morning or at sunset, you stand a chance of seeing lots of bunnies and birds, even a coyote. If you happen to find this place, keep it a secret!

Visited November 2013
Newmarket, Canada
33 attraction reviews
“Worth seeking out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

A nice walk that is wheelstair accesible. There are several entrance points so remember which one you start from. Be sure to bring you camera and binoculars with you. The views are beautiful and there are lots of birds to see. The pygmy oaks hanging moss are really pretty. The views of the bay and the surrounding hills is beautiful.

Visited October 2013