“beautiful park” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Los Osos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Biking, Hiking, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: A great network of biking trails make this state park a perfect destination for expert and beginner bikers alike.
Phoenix,AZ
21 attraction reviews
“beautiful park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

One of the most scenic parks I have ever been to.
Our family visited in August 2007. The ride into the park was up a scenic tree lined street, a bit narrow in some spots. But I can imagine the foliage in the fall would be gorgeous. We diddnt get to the "Ranch House" it was closed both days we were there. It was open from 11 am -2pm. There was a large parking area across from there, by the "beachy" area very nice to stop and take pictures, although it looked to rough to swim in, brave people were climbing the rocks. My daughters were collecting EMPTY shells along this area.
The next morning, my 16 yr old daughter and I decided we wanted to look at some tidepools and heard Coralina Coves tidepools were the best. If you like to take long walks, then the Bluff Trail which is a 4 mile walk would be good, it takes you along the cliffs and gives you stunning views of the waves crashing into the rocks below. In some areas you can even walk out onto some flat rocks.
I am kinda on the puffy side...so instead I chose the Valencia trail. It is a 3 mile round trip walk to the cove..a nice walk,and takes you right to it when the trail splits. It dips down and then there is a sign that says "Welcome to our home Coralina Cove" with starfish and shells on it. You may miss it if your going to fast. But umm..I diddnt have that problem.
There is a "hidden staircase" sturdy cement stairs with a handrail
that takes you down to the tidepools. Here we viewed starfish,sea urchins, anemone,crabs, and saw all sorts of shells.
Best viewed in low tide and early morning. You can pick up a free tide book at the Museum gift shop in Morro Bay. I am not sure if they have it at the Ranch house, they were closed.
There were all sorts of trails one could go hiking and there are also campgrounds. We saw bunnies everywhere, and flowers. I bet in spring the wildflowers are fantastic. I fell in love with this park, Maybe its because I live in the desert, I don't know..but I
diddnt want to leave.