“Love the Toll House” 5 of 5 stars

Advanced Purchase Rates
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Los Gatos
“Love the Toll House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

We stayed in Los Gatos at the Toll House and we loved it. The rooms were very clean and nice. The service was excellent and the location perfect.
The complimentary business center was a life saver. Free internet access and use of laser printer, copy machine, envelopes, stapler, paper clips, whole punchers, etc....I picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and was very pleased. They even have hot Toll House chocolate chip cookies when you check in. They were delicious! They will even give you a copy of the recipe with the story of the Toll House cookie. I will definately stay there again when I am in the area. We stayed at the Luxury Palace Hotel in San Francisco after we stayed at the Toll House, and I'm not sure which hotel I liked best. I do know I liked the price of the Toll House the best.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

All we can say after returning post renovation is WOW! We will not stay anywhere else while in Los Gatos,

• Stayed July 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2005

I've stayed here at least 20 times now for business and am always impressed with the level of detail they offer. Everything down to the pillow type is remembered.

Keep up the great work.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

We arrived back at the Toll House in December for our annual Holiday gathering with family and were very pleased the hotel was completed with its renovation. It looks great and the new restaurant is excellent. We will always stay there...........as always......

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Toll House, Los Gatos, CA in September 2004. The staff provided excellent customer service. Our room was newly decorated, with a balcony and small table to sit at - a perfect place to sit and drink a glass of wine before heading into town for dinner. The continental breakfast consisted of danish, juice, yogurt, and coffee/tea, however, you need to get to the breakfast area early enough before all the danish are taken. There are a lot of weddings there, so expect some noise in the hallways on Sat. nights, or just bring some ear plugs, in case needed!! Since the hotel is located in town, it's easy to go back and forth to and from the hotel. The town itself is a great weekend getaway.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2004

My girlfriend and I chose the Toll House for a weekend getaway. Upon arrival, we were very dissapointed to discover that the lobby floor was under renovation and looking quite unpresentable. The restaurant/lounge was also under renovation and therefore closed. We were given no warning when making our reservations two weeks beforehand. And the rates were not reduced.

Our "Junior Suite" was clean and quite nice. We enjoyed the fireplace and the jetted tub. The stereo system however was not working properly (no sound from right speaker).

Although room service was available, the menu was less than exciting (we ate great sushi down the street instead).

Overall, our stay was fine. As mentioned, the room was nice. It simply would have been appreciated to receive some warning regarding the ongoing renovations; we would of not stayed at the Toll House and just waited until it was presentable.

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2004

I love the town of Los Gatos and this hotel is great location but I was so disappointed by the room and the hotel itself. All that I can say if OLD. It was a long walk to the room and the room was dark and old with dirty carpet and hotel six type furnishings. The only thing that I can say good is the toll house cookies and apples at the front desk. To be fair, the toll house is undergoing renovation (which made the experience worse) but I think I got the worst room in the house and I would never book this hotel again. If it had not been a long travel week and late when I check in I would have moved to another hotel.

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!