“Least expensive but still nice place to stay in LG, dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Los Gatos Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Los Gatos-Saratoga Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032   |
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Los Gatos
Sonora, California
“Least expensive but still nice place to stay in LG, dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I go to Los Gatos on a regular basis and stay here every time after having stayed at the Hotel Los Gatos and Toll House. It runs less than half the price and is dog friendly. Has a pool and lovely grounds for walking or walking the dog. Weddings and wedding receptions held here often. Rooms are older style (think 70s) but comfortable - not chic like the other hotels mentioned. If you need CNBC, forget it, its not available. Convenient to greater Los Gatos I would recommend driving the 1/4 mile from the Lodge to a parking spot in town (numerous) rather than try and walk across the overpass. Has a limited workout facillity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review, William. I'm glad to hear you're a regular here at Los Gatos. Sounds like we've provided you with a comfortable and pleasant stay on every visit. And it's great to know you enjoy walking the grounds. We love when our guests take advantage of them. We'll see you on your next visit!

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Gatos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Los Gatos Lodge is in a great location and has nice staff. However, the rooms are very old, nothing has been updated and the beds are very uncomfortable. Their hallways are also unclean and old. Needs updating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for leaving your feedback, Rachel. While I'm glad you find our staff to be warm & attentive, I'm sorry to hear you aren't impressed with our accommodations. We think it's age gives it a certain charm, but we understand it's not to everyone's taste. I also want to assure you we are in the process of making much-needed upgrades. We have recently replaced all the bedspreads and are in the process of installing new carpets in many of the rooms and a few of the hallways. We're also undergoing an internet upgrade that will make it faster & more reliable. I hope you'll choose us again the next time you're in the area!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The Lodge is showing its age but it is a convenient stopping point if you are in Los Gatos. There used to be a restaurant that served a good breakfast, gone now. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet of cereal, muffins, juice, etc.

• Stayed February 2013
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback in February. Sounds like we're your go-to spot when visiting the Los Gatos area. We're happy to have you! Thank you for mentioning items in our complimentary breakfast. We recently added fresh donuts that are delivered daily! Hope to see you again on your future visits to the area.

Thanks again,

Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've lived in the area my whole life and Los Gatos Lodge has been there for all that time. I finally had a chance to be a guest. I now live in Santa Cruz, a whopping 30 minutes away, but my band was hired to play a birthday party here and I figured it was a good chance to stay at the hotel.
First off, they've got a great pet policy, basically for 10 dollars extra you can bring you dog. The expansive grounds are great for dog walking. My dog like the wooded area behind the hotel, I let her off leash and she chased squirrels till she was exhausted. We weren't the only ones with a dog, it seemed like half the guests had one too.
As for the hotel itself, its a budget place, best deal in the area and while its clean and well maintained its dated. I liked it, I'm a sucker for older retro properties and want to enjoy them before they're all turned chain places. LIke I said dated but well maintained. Rooms were comfy and the towels were huge. Again, I'm a sucker for nice bedding and good towels and they were just fine here.
Staff was great, very helpful and friendly. Since we were playing there we decided to eat at the onsite restaurant. Actually the restaurant is part of the bar. It was a bit confusing as there was no one to show you to a table and we were a little afraid that it was going to be just bar food. We were wrong. As soon as the bartender saw our befuddled looks he asked if we'd like menus and take any seat. Men was a nice range of pasta, fish, chicken and steak items. We had invited some friends from out of town and we all liked what we ordered. I had the steak and while it wasn't the best I ever had it was quite decent. Large, cooked to my order and very tasty with a baked potato and veggies. They really should promote the restaurant more as I'm sure a lot of guests pass it up since it seems non existent until you search for it. Drinks were good and the bartenders were very friendly.
My wife and I like to take weekend trips to the Santa Clara valley just to get away from the beach (isn't that a twist?) and this will be our new getaway place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hey Vincent, I really appreciate your positive feedback! I'm so glad you finally had the chance to stay with us and that you got to bring your four legged family member along for the trip! I'm happy to hear the you guys enjoyed the grounds so much. I'm also thrilled that you found our more dated feel to be charming, we do too!

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a detailed review, especially about our restaurant & menu. We'll definitely take up your suggestion and start promoting it more. That's exciting to hear you play in a band! The Los Gatos Lodge provides live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights starting in April. Please contact the Sales and Catering department if you and your band are interested in participating!

Thanks again and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to make your experience even better-- feedback means a lot to a small business like us. We can't wait to have you, your wife, and your pup back again the next time you need a getaway!

All the best,

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is really, really bad. Scary bad. As we checked in there was some police activity happening and I didn't think much of it until we got to our room-- very rundown, everything was dirty and broken. Seems like a lot of people live here which makes for a different and sad vibe.

The photos are misleading. This place is nearly a crack hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you had such an awful experience. I can assure you that we maintain a safe, friendly environment.

As for our rooms, we understand that they are a little dated, but we do not consider ourselves a luxury hotel. This is what allows us to offer such an affordable rate for the area. I also wish you had brought some of these issues to our attention so that we could have tried placing you in a different room! Your comfort is our top priority.

On another note, I hope you at least enjoyed visiting the area and that you'll give us another chance in the future. I know we can show you a great stay!

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

These folks are just plain nice. We stay here 2-3 times/year. They always put out a very nice healthy breakfast table and it's free! My wife and I being avid cyclists and healthy eaters, found the breakfast pickin's perfect for getting you started right. Also, nice property and with the High School athletics field behind you there's a gate ajoining the property, so you can get your daily walk or run and stretch in on the cushioned tartan track.

Room Tip: During the school year Sept-June, choose rooms towards to office as you might even get hear the band...