“There for one night, our room was clean and quiet.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Los Gatos Lodge to your Saves list
Los Gatos Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Los Gatos-Saratoga Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
“There for one night, our room was clean and quiet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The Lodge is showing its age but it is a convenient stopping point if you are in Los Gatos. There used to be a restaurant that served a good breakfast, gone now. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet of cereal, muffins, juice, etc.

• Stayed February 2013
Cecilio R, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback in February. Sounds like we're your go-to spot when visiting the Los Gatos area. We're happy to have you! Thank you for mentioning items in our complimentary breakfast. We recently added fresh donuts that are delivered daily! Hope to see you again on your future visits to the area.

Thanks again,

Cecilio Reyes - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've lived in the area my whole life and Los Gatos Lodge has been there for all that time. I finally had a chance to be a guest. I now live in Santa Cruz, a whopping 30 minutes away, but my band was hired to play a birthday party here and I figured it was a good chance to stay at the hotel.
First off, they've got a great pet policy, basically for 10 dollars extra you can bring you dog. The expansive grounds are great for dog walking. My dog like the wooded area behind the hotel, I let her off leash and she chased squirrels till she was exhausted. We weren't the only ones with a dog, it seemed like half the guests had one too.
As for the hotel itself, its a budget place, best deal in the area and while its clean and well maintained its dated. I liked it, I'm a sucker for older retro properties and want to enjoy them before they're all turned chain places. LIke I said dated but well maintained. Rooms were comfy and the towels were huge. Again, I'm a sucker for nice bedding and good towels and they were just fine here.
Staff was great, very helpful and friendly. Since we were playing there we decided to eat at the onsite restaurant. Actually the restaurant is part of the bar. It was a bit confusing as there was no one to show you to a table and we were a little afraid that it was going to be just bar food. We were wrong. As soon as the bartender saw our befuddled looks he asked if we'd like menus and take any seat. Men was a nice range of pasta, fish, chicken and steak items. We had invited some friends from out of town and we all liked what we ordered. I had the steak and while it wasn't the best I ever had it was quite decent. Large, cooked to my order and very tasty with a baked potato and veggies. They really should promote the restaurant more as I'm sure a lot of guests pass it up since it seems non existent until you search for it. Drinks were good and the bartenders were very friendly.
My wife and I like to take weekend trips to the Santa Clara valley just to get away from the beach (isn't that a twist?) and this will be our new getaway place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hey Vincent, I really appreciate your positive feedback! I'm so glad you finally had the chance to stay with us and that you got to bring your four legged family member along for the trip! I'm happy to hear the you guys enjoyed the grounds so much. I'm also thrilled that you found our more dated feel to be charming, we do too!

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a detailed review, especially about our restaurant & menu. We'll definitely take up your suggestion and start promoting it more. That's exciting to hear you play in a band! The Los Gatos Lodge provides live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights starting in April. Please contact the Sales and Catering department if you and your band are interested in participating!

Thanks again and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to make your experience even better-- feedback means a lot to a small business like us. We can't wait to have you, your wife, and your pup back again the next time you need a getaway!

All the best,

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is really, really bad. Scary bad. As we checked in there was some police activity happening and I didn't think much of it until we got to our room-- very rundown, everything was dirty and broken. Seems like a lot of people live here which makes for a different and sad vibe.

The photos are misleading. This place is nearly a crack hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you had such an awful experience. I can assure you that we maintain a safe, friendly environment.

As for our rooms, we understand that they are a little dated, but we do not consider ourselves a luxury hotel. This is what allows us to offer such an affordable rate for the area. I also wish you had brought some of these issues to our attention so that we could have tried placing you in a different room! Your comfort is our top priority.

On another note, I hope you at least enjoyed visiting the area and that you'll give us another chance in the future. I know we can show you a great stay!

Best,

Travelers are raving about these Los Gatos hotels

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

These folks are just plain nice. We stay here 2-3 times/year. They always put out a very nice healthy breakfast table and it's free! My wife and I being avid cyclists and healthy eaters, found the breakfast pickin's perfect for getting you started right. Also, nice property and with the High School athletics field behind you there's a gate ajoining the property, so you can get your daily walk or run and stretch in on the cushioned tartan track.

Room Tip: During the school year Sept-June, choose rooms towards to office as you might even get hear the band...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Gary. We're so glad you and your wife enjoyed the Lodge! I'm also thrilled to hear you are pleased with the breakfast and surrounding grounds. It's a great place for anyone who loves the outdoors, and I'm happy you're taking advantage of it! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff and we can't wait for you guys to come back!

Best,

Half Moon Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed there to try and relax before the Holidays. What a treat ...guest service was helpful with restaraunts in the area. I did have a few cocktails at the bar before going out to dinner just lovely. Walking down on there little main st. was exactly what I was looking for a mom & pop type coffee house with outside seating. all in all Wonderful Quiet Place. Definitley will be back for maybe after holidays for some R&R.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the hillside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Marco g, Manager at Los Gatos Lodge, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for the amazing review, Maria. Sorry that some time has passed -- we're just getting active on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you got some much needed R&R during your stay. I'm also delighted you enjoyed our bar. Next time you should try the food too! We love to provide our guests with friendly, exceptional service so I'm glad that's just what you got. We'll see you back here the nest time you need some rest!

All the best,

San Mateo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Los Gatos Lodge is an older property with several buildings scattered on their well maintained grounds. The trees are mature, the grass is nicely mowed, and the pathways are swept and clean. As for the rooms, they are not up- to -date, but are well looked after. In other words, CLEAN. I had a room on the ground floor of building 6. Free parking was just outside the building. My room had a small patio with a table and two chairs, as well as a refrigerator and good bedding. The hallway was rather dark, but felt completely safe. The guests at the lodge seemed about the same age as the property, until evening. The playoff Giants game was on and the bar and restaurant came to life. Locals came in for the happy hour and reasonably priced appetizers. Room service was available, although I did not take advantage of it. Breakfast was included, with the usual assortment of cold offerings. The staff really took care to see to it there were no crumbs, spills, or empty containers. I never say this, but 2 mornings I got a knock on the door to clean the room very early. My fault, I did not hang out a sign, but I am always up before anyone wants to do my room! By the way, it seems each building has a group of employees that maintains just that building. That could explain some of the other reviews. Maybe I got lucky.

Room Tip: Try building 6 within short walking distance of breakfast and nearby parking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hey Lori, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review Sorry, we're just getting back to you! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to keep the grounds and rooms in good shape so it's nice to know you appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear you were awoken by our cleaning service-- next time be sure to hang the sign, and we'll also remind our staff. We definitely don't mean to wake you!

It sounds like you were very pleased with your visit-- is there anything we could have done to make it better? Please let us know, we really value your feedback.

Thanks again,

Cecilio Reyes - General Manager

Been to Los Gatos Lodge? Share your experiences!