“A Delicious and Top-notch Casual Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 131 restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
San Jose, California
“A Delicious and Top-notch Casual Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

So, you can get a burger anywhere, right? No way! Maybe some people don't like burgers that much, or some may think that all burgers are alike...and Main Street burger is the place to take those people to change their minds!

First off, all of their beef is grass fed and organic, so you don't have to worry about putting extra junk into your body (hormones, etc).

Second, their breads and buns are baked fresh on site...and, yes, that includes the gluten free bun option! So for anyone who has Celiac, is gluten intolerant, or just wants to reduce their gluten intake, this place has the best gluten-free burger buns I've come across.

Third, they use local produce in their meal concoctions.

All of this comes together to make grade-A, delicious, juicy burgers that leave you nodding your head until every last bite!

What else is awesome at this place?? Their delicious parsley garlic fries, and thick milkshakes mixed up fresh from scooped ice cream.

If I stop eating for a moment to talk, I'm only talking about how delicious everything is! Need I say more???

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

After an 11 hour flight from the UK to US, this place was one of the first we came across. Staff were very friendly and there is a good atmosphere in the place.

Five of us ordered various burgers and fries and were all pleased with the results. Clear plates all round ;-)

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Great place to take the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The sliders are great, the chicken taco salad is delish but could use some beans, the garlic fries are a bit too garlicky,but the burgers are great. Everything is fast & tastes fresh. Crazy busy & fun. Wonderful atmosphere for the kids. Prices are very reasonable .

Scotts Valley
“Pretty much what I had hoped for.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Once again I tried a new restaurant courtesy of "coupon" - this time it was Living Social. We live in Scotts Valley and the short trip to MSB in Los Gatos was only 15 minutes and another 5 to find parking.

Unfortunately I have been crazy busy so of course, I used my certificate on the day it was due to expire, Saturday, Oct 6th. Thought the restaurant would be crazy busy with all other Living Social procrastinators, but surprisingly, it wasn't. There was 1 cashier and a line of maybe 4 people started to develop and another gal jumped on the 2nd pos system to help us out. Menu is extensive and they serve beer & wine. My husband ordered the Main Street Original w/cheese and I ordered the California Burger (pepper jack cheese, sprouts, etc.) with a lettuce wrap. MSB uses Niman Ranch beef and we thought the beef alone was good - to be honest, nothing spectacular in flavor. However, I know the beef is "natural", so better for you.

Along with the 2 burgers, we shared french fries (thinner cut, fresh, good), my husband had a beer an I had a soda - bill came to ~ $27, less the Living Social cert. Seemed like customers came in waves - nice line of maybe 7-8 people then no one. Ordering was quick, employee was pleasant. I joked about being sorry I had the Living Social cert as I figured they had to deal with MANY of them the last day, but she quickly let me know there was no problem at all and I appreciated that! The environment was nice, so overall it was a very good experience. Definitely above average but didn't walk away thinking, wow, that was GREAT. But, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“It's fast food. Calibrate your expectations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Decent chicken taco salad. Sweet potato fries a little overcooked. Okay as fast food goes. Service could be better. It was slow, but clerk almost forgot to give me my bottled water (I had to ask for it) and gave me the wrong dressing, which I didn't discover until I got back to the hotel (it was a takeout order). Luckily, I ended up really liking that dressing, so no harm there. Still, that was just luck. But my expectations aren't that high for fast food. So, I give them a pass.

Visited September 2012