“Very nice hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Rates from $206
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
california
“Very nice hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Really, nice older hotel with lots of charm. I was there for three nights for work and enjoyed the service and food. Very comfortable rooms. A little dated, but nice Spanish style.

Restaurant is fantastic.

The location is ideal. Close to restaurants and shopping. Would go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Good Afternoon Twinexplorers:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent stay @Hotel Los Gatos. On behalf of the entire staff we are delighted and grateful for your kind comments. We hope that you will continue to stay with us when in the area on business. Enjoy your day.

Linda, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went to Hotel Los Gatos for a Romantic Getaway and to celebrate my fiancée’s birthday and it was amazing. The employees there are very helpful and made my stay amazing. The room was beautiful I loved the Mediterranean feel of it and the fireplace kept everything nice and cozy, oh and the balconies.... breathtaking!! We stayed in the Junior suite!! There is so much to do that’s nearby as well. I had a blast and will definitely be back SOON!!!

Room Tip: Junior suite was great but next time I'm going to go BIGGER lol.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Italee L:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your wonderful feedback!! Our staff is smiling ear to ear. We would be thrilled to have you & your fiance return again & again! Stay in touch so we know when you are coming back. Have a great day and Happy New Year!

Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 9 days on our honeymoon. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating to any of our requests or needs! We have a special thank you to Ryan; we looked forward to seeing him each and every morning due to his impeccable service. It is rare to see somebody at that early hour with such a friendly demeanor on a consistent basis; my wife and I especially enjoyed our time spent with him each day. Kudos also to Jan; she went above and beyond by recommending local sites and even driving to a local restaurant to bring us back there menu without even being asked, because we mentioned that we were looking to spend some time in at your lovey resort for a quiet light dinner together after a long day of touring. Your team made us feel like the most welcome guests you had; it made our honeymoon most special-and we are already planning a return anniversary trip!!! Thank you all so much for the great service showed to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear James Z:

How are you today? Thank you so much for taking time to share your awesome feedback on your recent stay @Hotel Los Gatos. Your words are music to us & we are so grateful. I love Norwalk, CT - I lived there. You must return for your Anniversary so we can spoil you & your lovely wife.
Take care,
Glenview, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I commuted to silicon valley for 9 months before transitioning permanently. Of all of the hotels in the area (and I tried many), this became my preferred "home away from home". It's not the Ritz, but rather a smaller, very comfortable place. The rooms were decent. The staff was very friendly and responsive to my needs. My rate included a decent breakfast (scrambled eggs, potatoes, juice/coffee. The Los Gatos Creek running trail is a few blocks away. The masters swim group at Los Gatos high school across the street welcomed an occasional visitor. The town has GREAT restaurants and a good vibe.

All in all, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the main building that are open to the lobby can get a bit noisy if parties run la...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear jhb2550:

Hope you are having a great day! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent stay @Hotel Los Gatos. On behalf of the entire stay we are grateful for your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please say hi when you are in town.
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Horrible horrible horrible. Booked thru Amex centurion concierge and requested late checkout since this hotel isn't part of their preferred program so does not automatically come with 4pm checkout. Upon arrival was told we had Amex centurion late checkout which is always 4pm. On day of checkout I receive a phone call at 115pm asking when I was leaving. I respond that I have a 4pm late checkout. No, the rude man (Jared I think), says, you were given a 1 pm checkout. I need you out of the room now.
What?? I tell him i can't leave at that minute, I need at least till 2pm. "That doesn't work for me", he says.
So, let me get this straight - you don't tell me upon checking in that I have a 1 pm checkout, you don't say anything my entire stay, and now you're kicking me out of my room?
Yes that's exactly what they did. I had to wait ON THE SIDEWALK (keep in mind I'm 9 MONTHS PREGNANT too) with all my luggage and two dogs for my husband to rush over from his meeting. Oh, and while I was sitting outside the main lobby, they made sure to close all the doors to signify I wasn't welcome to wait inside.
Save your $ and skip this awful hotel. 1 star service

Oh and if the manager responds on here it's solely to try and save face. He couldn't care less when we complained in person. Filed formal complaint with Amex as well

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear DoubleVE:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your unpleasant experience. I am sorry that I was not on-site to assist you with your unfortunate experience. My hope is to speak with you. I will be contacting American Express office. I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Novato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this boutique hotel back in June and really loved it, so we decided to book again for one night as a quick overnight stay before we caught our direct flight to Maui out of San Jose Airport on an early morning departure. On our last visit, I signed up for their " I Prefer " guest appreciation program, as I usually like to belong to as many hotel guest loyalty memberships as possible, since they can offer some really great perks. This one really paid off as we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite and also had a half bottle of Testerossa Pinot Noir wine and handmade chocolates waiting for us in the room when we arrived! What a surprise that was for having only stayed there one time before. The staff is always outstanding and very helpful in every way. The rooms are immaculate and elegantly decorated to the point that you feel like your a guest in a private Mediterranean villa. They have a nice little "breakfast for a fee" set up off the lobby, but coffee and tea are complimentary and if you would like something more substantial there are a lot of great choices within walking distance of the hotel. Whether you are looking for just a quick overnight stay, or a romantic weekend away from the kids, this hotel is the absolute best in Los Gatos. Book as early as you can, as this hotel is often fully booked and there really is no comparable hotel avaliable in Los Gatos.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear MarinCountyJohn:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. Your review was fabulous and the entire staff is grateful. We hope to become your special place & that we will be seeing you again in the very near future.
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed recently with my husband and 2 year old and found it to be a lovely, convenient, luxurious, friendly hotel. We had a 2 room suite with a balcony in the back building and I loved the Mission architecture and furnishings. The pool was super fun for my little one and I while my husband worked. The room service menu lacked any sort of children's menu so they suggested a local pizza delivery company that also had pasta and salads which worked much better for us. The service was good, people friendly, room lovely. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. One gripe: charging for the continental type breakfast piecemeal seemed petty. Charge one price or don't charge at all.

Room Tip: We chose a quiet room in the back - perfect!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear NVRam123:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. Your feedback provides the motivation for our staff to continue to improve. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Sincerely, Linda

Been to Hotel Los Gatos? Share your experiences!