“Something a little different great atmosphere and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bazaar by Jose Andres

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
465 S. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)
(310) 246-5555
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 8,480 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
London UK
“Something a little different great atmosphere and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 NEW

was told to go here be concierge of my hotel when i asked for somewhere fun but good quality. Always a little bit of a gamble but didn't have time to do much research as it was already 7pm. On arrival the welcome was warm and clearly the place had a nice buzz as people were clearly enjoying themselves. We asked the waitress to choose a selection of dishes, as you have already seen from other reviews, the dishes are for sharing, so we were able to just ask for her choices to keep coming until we had enough, I find this way of eating far more appealing than just making a standard starter and main selection. The food did not disappoint, everything was done a little different (the olives were amazing) but not over the top. Then the killer, a separate bar for desert/sweet which you have to leave room for, as it is a great way to finish the evening, a great idea and the tables meant you got to mingle with other guests, top idea, so 10/10 all round and leave room for pudding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 NEW

My wife & I visited The Bazaar for dinner. We started with some amazing cocktails - the Caipirinha which is made on a trolley at your table with liquid nitrogen was the highlight.

We were then advised to order 10 dishes & to share them, so that's what we did. Our favourites were the Caprese salad with the mozzarella that explodes in your mouth, and the wagyu beef buns. Our only mistake was ordering a special - the Tomahawk steak - which was great but enormous, it was about the same size as 5 other dishes!

We went easy on desserts after the Tomahawk, and just had a couple of chocolates each, which was a great way to finish off the meal

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Eclectic food with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 NEW

The food offerings here are exceptional, flavorsome, well presented and with a great variety of choice. The food offerings are based on a tapas / small plate offering. I had three plates. The first was an artichoke salad that was simply sensational. The second was a braised beef cheek in a chilli paste, Whilst very well done it was not to my liking. To finish I had a risotto that was superb.

The choice of wines by the glass was impressive and the quality very good.

My only disappointment was that i was dinning alone and i got the impression this was a little inconvenient for the establishment. I felt somewhat uncomfortable being a solo diner. A good restaurant makes a Solo Diner feel welcome, at bazaar I felt like I was taking up room. I sat at the kitchen bar to dine. The Kitchen staff made me feel welcome but the waiters seemed to want to rush me.

I returned the following night for a pre dinner drink, and again as a solo, felt like i was using space.

Overall great food, good service but a little more attention needs to be made in making one feel welcome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York, Usa
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

One night at the Bazaar, and I canceled my remaining reservations for the week. Over 80 artfully created, mouth watering, tapas selections line the pages of the menu. There is a rustic selection for those of you who enjoy a more traditional meal. And there is the modern selection for those of you who enjoy a bit of adventure. For a foodie like myself, who is keen to try a bit of everything... This was heaven! I had the pleasure of sitting at the bar. There I could watch the chefs dedicate themselves to each dish and occasionally be offered a taste on the house. EVERYTHING I ordered was perfection. After three nights of exploring the menu I recommend the following dishes; King Crab in raspberry sauce, Bagel and lox cone (this is $9 and will be gone in one bite... Worth every penny), Olives Ferran Adrià (if you like olives, this small dish will amaze and delight you), Market Fish Ceviche And Avocado Roll, Smoked Yellowtail And Crispy Rice, and the dish to top them all, perhaps the most surprising of all; The Philly Cheesesteak. Its preparation is totally unexpected and the flavor is OMG good! If I had to pick, my least favorite dish was the. Lemon Artichokes. I was warned, but I like lemons so I ordered it anyway... All I tasted was lemons. One last tip: Leave room for Desert!!! If you like chocolate, I promise, the hot chocolate mousse will blow your mind. If you want something unlike anything you have ever tried and completely addicting: The Nitro Coconut Floating Island

Visited April 2014
Manama, Bahrain
“Worth every bite !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Glad I chose The bazaar .. The place was great .. Truly a Phillip stark product .. The interior was amazing .. The food was even better .. Every dish had a design element to it .. Every time we got a dish .. We were amused by its creativity .. And it always tasted better ..

Visited April 2014