“Expensive - but worth every bit of it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Craft Los Angeles

Craft Los Angeles
10100 Constellation Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Westside)
(310) 279-4180
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 8,465 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
Quebec City, Canada
“Expensive - but worth every bit of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

While this place apparently requires reservations well in advance, we seemed to have gotten lucky. Our LA based friends managed to get us a table on a day's notice.

I found the staff extremely couteous. Los Angeles places tend to get a bit high on pretense, but the staff at this place has a warm, inviting vibe. Makes a foreigner feel at home.

As far as the good goes - I'd highly recommend the Flatiron Stake. Absolutely stunning.

All in all, I'd give this place a big thumbs up!

• Visited May 2013

Claremont, CA
“A Lovely Anniversary Excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I chose Craft LA as the destination restaurant for our 30th anniversary dinner. While our home in Claremont isn't all that far away, we found that it is indeed too far from Craft. We loved the restaurant so much, we wish we lived closer! The staff knew it was our anniversary and everyone went out of their way to wish us continued happiness together. Their wishes seemed genuine; as FlyersFaninLA wrote, Craft is not the least bit pretentious despite its location and connection to a celebrity chef. The staff is only one reason we enjoyed our dinner at Craft. The other is the food. We started with the arugula salad with lemon dressing made with the zest of the fruit for just a hint of citrus. My husband is Italian and a simple salad dressed with garlic, lemon juice, and salt is a family staple. We're going to try reducing the juice and using more of the zest, since it gave the salad such a softly citrus taste. For proteins he had halibut, which he loved, and I had the short ribs. Both were perfectly prepared. We especially enjoyed the assorted mushrooms and the mashed potatoes. We also ordered the gnocchi, which were just okay, and the asparagus, likewise. The baked goods were delicious too. Both the dark and white breads served at the start of the meal were sprinkled with salt on the crust, which enhanced the sweetness of the bread. We took home our desserts of an apricot-almond galette and a rich chocolate tart; in the morning the restaurant's parting gift of blueberry muffins were a sweet reminder of our time at Craft the night before. The portion sizes were quite generous, so we had leftovers to eat as part of lunch the next day as well. Finally, the beverage service at Craft is first-rate. John, the sommelier, made excellent suggestions of Prosecco to start, as a reminder of our trip last summer to the Piemonte region of Italy, and treated us to two glasses of a semi-sparkling dessert wine to finish, which reminded me of one of my favorite Viogniers, that made by Andrew Murray up in Los Olivos, because of the wonderful floral quality--honeysuckle?? The price for our dinner was around $250 for the two of us. It was money well-spent for a special evening out. We're looking forward to a return visit, maybe next month for a birthday celebration.

Seattle
“Refined American Cuisine at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Where should I start ? The food was perfectly cooked, The wine was great and the service was fantastic. The building was custom built for the restaurant. No detail overlooked. The music to my taste was also perfect and not too noisy. I could listen to everyone at the table and still enjoy the tunes. I noticed a few movie stars eating there but you know. The staff treated us like stars too. I had a great time.

London
“Great food and great concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was taken to Craft by a business associate, and it was one of the best meals in my stay in the US. The concept is interesting - everyone shares all the dishes. The food is top quality, particularly the range and quality of the vegetables (which are often overlooked in many restaurants). Really interesting and diverse wine list, and good service (albeit slightly 'LA intrusive'). Overall a really good place to eat in Century City.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
FlyersFanInLA
“Foodie Gold and Killer Service With Zero Pretention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I have been to Craft LA a few times now and I wanted to reach out to say just how good they are night in and night out. Their food is inventive and perfectly portioned. Their service is over-the-top good especially John the Som, who came up with two food-wine pairings that were outrageously good.

The room is perfectly designed. Modern but not cold. Excellent room acoustics. I am going to take my architect there for dinner just to steal ideas like cork on the ceiling above the bar.

Don't let Century City scare you as this restaurant is top notch for anywhere in LA.