“Small but nice delicacy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stan's Corner Donut Shoppe

Stan's Corner Donut Shoppe
10948 Weyburn Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024-2809 (Westside)
(310) 208-8660
Cuisines: Dessert, Donuts
Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
Taipei, Taiwan
“Small but nice delicacy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I came across Stan's and I liked it. My friend and I just walked around the area and I noticed Stan's because I was in a mood for some cute doughnuts. Then we decided to check it out and I got a coconut doughnut. I liked it although the size was a bit small..haha ( I have a sweet tooth! )

Go get one bite,you will like it!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“There is a reason this place has been around for 50 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

These days, when people think, "Donuts", places such as "Dunkin' Donuts" or "Krispy Kremes" comes to mind.

After going to Stan's, those donuts just taste like over fluffed sugary pastries.

Stan's may be small and tucked deep in the heart of the bustling college area of Los Angeles, but don't let the surrounding environment deter you.

My partner and I decided to walk to this magnificent little donut shop (as I mentioned, it IS nestled in a rather busy district, so parking is difficult) and stopped by for a donut each.
Given its tight location, this is better enjoyed as a "grab and go" option (as opposed to, "sit in the facility and chow down").
I sampled the "Peanut Butter Pocket", which is wonderful for anyone who loves chocolate and peanut butter!

I couldn't believe the selection. Most donut shops offer things such as, "Donut with chocolate frosting", "Donut with chocolate frosting with sprinkles," "Donut with chocolate frosting with sprinkles and a custard creme in the centre", etc.
Stan's blows the holes right out of these other donuts with selections such as blueberry (with actual blueberries in the dough) and cinnamon.

I feel spoiled now that I have tried these, don't even think I could have a regular ol' donut after this place! Stan's has definitely earned its right to stick around for half a century!

• Visited January 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Everything you want in a donut shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love coming to Stan's. Not only do they have an absurdly large selection of donuts, but the quality of them is great and Stan is always fun to talk to. Also, the area it's in is a fun one to walk around as long as you understand it's a pain to find parking. I suggest trying anything with peanut butter in it (the peanut butter and jelly is my favorite).

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've heard so much about this place finally decided to try it. Parking can be challenging, but I found a spot right outside of it. Small corner shop, good service. Was expecting great donuts but to me they were just average. Glad I tried them, but doubt I'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“4 Reasons to Indulge Yourself at Stan's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It took me a while to warm to Stan's, as I grew up loyal to another local donut shop icon, Randy's. But the more I tried Stan's, particularly their unique donut varieties, the more I began to like it. Now I almost exclusively go there when craving a donut, despite the 7-mile freeway drive into the heart of traffic-laden Westwood, due to the following:

1. Their raspberry jelly donuts are WONDERFUL! I'm not sure how they make the jelly, but they're unlike any other jelly donut I've had. The jelly is light, tastes fresh, and is almost liquid-like (compared to other jellies that can be heavy, glob-like, and taste like artificial flavoring). They also come in various sizes. If you just want a bite or two, their little mini 'Hannukah' jellies are amazing (though I think those are seasonal) and come in various styles - coated with granulated sugar, powdered sugar, glazed, and chocolate. There is also a regular sized jelly donut that is equally delicious, and as far as I know, the larger size just comes in glazed, but it's possible I just haven't gotten there early enough to get the other kinds. I crave these now like I can't believe, warranting many a late night trip into Westwood.

2. Their blueberry fritter is great. I've never had anything like it anywhere else. It's much like an apple fritter that other places have, but with blueberries. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside - amazing. You will not regret trying one.

3. The Huell - a peanut butter & chocolate favorite of the late great Huell Houser, who loved this donut and sang its praises on shows like California's Gold (on PBS), resulting in its now carrying his name. Lovers of peanut butter and chocolate rejoice! My husband is addicted to this one.

4. Freshness - I often get these donuts later in the afternoon/evening, and I'm honestly not sure if they constantly bake new batches, but it tastes like it. I've gotten a jelly donut at 8pm and it tasted just as good as I imagine it would at 6am.

If you try Stan's, be sure to sample one of these, or any of the other 'special' variety donuts. You can get a devil's food donut anywhere, but these are unique, and the most delicious of what's on offer there.

Enjoy!!!