Stayed twice at The Orlando, from Sep 22-25th and again from Sep 28th-31st.
Hubbie and I were recommended this hotel due to the fact that it was closest to our friend’s residence in Beverly Hills.
For both stays, we were checked in by Princess, who graced the Front Desk.
Our first room was 322 – a Standard King. Our second room was 420, a Deluxe King.
• Front Desk folks were always lovely to interact with. Especially Princess who always wore a lovely smile! Check-in and check-out was absolutely effortless.
• Both rooms were very clean with ample toiletries in the bathroom.
• Firm King beds made for many a good nights rest.
• Location cannot be beat. It’s one of the few streets you can actually enjoy walking in LA without fear of dodgy characters hanging around. Excellent shopping with malls nearby.
• For the price, this hotel offers excellent value-for-money. Twice turndown service was a huge surprise! The room furnishings were also well maintained and comfortable.
• Loved the weather report cards we found every evening after turndown service.
• Very well-stocked (and complimentary) coffee/tea basket which were fully replenished daily.
• When we checked into Rm 322, we were surprised with a cupcake from the famous Magnolia Bakery. Not however for Rm 420. We were informed that our iPrefer membership privileges had since changed...
• Shower water pressure left much to be desired. No bathtub in either bathrooms.
• Both rooms provided one bathrobe only for two guests.
• The building, although fully renovated, is an old building. Expect to hear creaky floorboards from the rooms above you.
Would we stay at The Orlando again? You bet!