“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Orlando Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Orlando Hotel to your Saves list
The Orlando Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8384 West 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Formerly Beverly Plaza Hotel) (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #18 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel after being 3 wks in the US and we both agree that the hotels was our favourite one.

The staff were very friendly and easy going. The front desk staff wanted to chat and were helpful.

The room was comfortable (slept like a baby). All the extras such as bathrobes and products were good.

The shops and restaurants around the area were great and in walking distance. Use yelp to find the best ones.

I recommend this hotel

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After 3 weeks traveling in the US this was our last hotel. I picked it because of it close proximity to shopping centers , the Beverly Centre is two blocks away and The Grove is about 10-15 mins walk in the opposite direction. The receptionist was nice and apologized for not being able to get us early check in. The room was large and modern and this was the best shower of our trip. Love hotels with turn down service ,I like finding chocolates on my pillow after being out for dinner. Breakfast was in the restaurant/bar attached to the hotel and was good. There are lots of restaurants just up the road so plenty of choices for food and a Magnolia bakery across the road. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back and there was no road noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

During April 2013 our family spent 4 nights at The Orlando. This was not our first visit and will not be our last. Why does a family from Sydney Australia return to The Orlando? Because this hotel is special. It has a great location for exploring Los Angeles, it is modern and clean and not too big and impersonal. The bathrooms are new and the beds just right for us and most of all the staff are great, especially Paul, Sam and Johanna who you will often meet on the front desk. We like the rooms facing either the pool area or Orlando Street. If you are a lite sleeper try to no be directly above The Churchill (the hotel bar and restaurant) on a Saturday night, You may hear some noise. All the other rooms are super quiet and private. And we do like the other little touches such as chocolates on the pillows and the free paper and wireless internet. All in all a hotel worth the stay.........highly recommended

Room Tip: Level 5 is great
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Orlando hotel four or five times and are very pleased with the renovations. The bathrooms is now very modern and the mattress is terrific. Churchills restaurant down stairs is a nice place for a drink but it is teeming with hipsters and I would never consider eating dinner there. The hotel is in a great location and is a real good value

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Jeff N,

I'm so happy to see that you've enjoyed so many visits to The Orlando Hotel. And it's so nice to see your positive feedback on our renovations. We've most recently been completely renovating our swimming pool area, which is opening next week. And I know you'll find this area very comfortable.

As you noted, our restaurant, The Churchill, is a happening spot! And if you decide you'd like to dine some evening, I'd suggest requesting a table upstairs, as this area is typically much quieter.

It's always a pleasure to hear from one of our many loyal guests. And we appreciate your time to share your experience.

We'll look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had read great things about the hotel but was very disappointed about the following:

1) Thin walls. It's a renovated old building. In my room, it was too easy to hear EVERYTHING the people in the next room were doing or saying.

2) Smoking. Smoke wafted in from the room next door. It's a non-smoking hotel but apparently not enforced - at least in my experience.

3) "Unusual crowd" - by this, I mean that people were coming and going at all hours of the night on a weeknight and making lots of noise while doing it. This situation may work if your sleep schedule is 5am to noon, but for the person on a nighttime sleep schedule, bring your earplugs.

Personally, I would try hard not stay at this hotel again. And, I'm not that picky . . .

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear CentralGA,

I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience at The Orlando. As you noted, most of our guests have had really wonderful experiences at the property. And it's so disappointing to know that this wasn't what you found.

I would very much appreciate if you'd contact me directly as I'd really like the opportunity to discuss your situation further. Please feel free to call and ask for me at your convenience if you'd like to do so.

The hotel does offer connecting rooms as we often have families who are in need of this arrangement. And while we use special doors to reduce the sound transfer, it's very difficult to completely sound proof these connections. I'm sorry that you had both noisy neighbors who kept odd hours and those who disregarded our 100% non-smoking policy.

Rarely, but on occasion, we do have guests who disregard our non-smoking policy. Our management and supervisory teams do regular inspections of all floors in an effort to catch anything that may cause our guests discomfort. So I'm surprised we didn't catch this and I certainly hope that if you brought it to our attention, it was addressed immediately. We do enforce this policy strictly as it is both a discomfort for guests like yourself and an extensive process to steam clean all furnishings and carpeting, which is necessary to remove the smell.

We do host a wide variety of Los Angeles visitors. We are very well positioned for many business travelers, as well as vacationers. Occasionally, there are guests who choose to stay out later than others and I'm sorry that you were disturbed by neighbors who kept unusual hours. It's not often that our guests have these kinds of disturbances and we will always make the offer to provide a different guest room if you have any discomfort.

We do hope you have occasion to return to The Orlando, as I know that your stay can be far more enjoyable than what you experienced.

I hope to hear from you.

323-658-6600 x7591
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first visit to L.A. with my tween daughter and teenage niece and nephew. The location was perfect, just a block or two from the Beverly Center and eateries and shops. Only a 10 minute walk from the Farmer's Market and The Grove. The room was small but clean and recently renovated. The pool was closed for reno which was a huge bummer for the kids. Although the staff offered alternative locations (L.A. Fitness and another nearby hotel) I didn't feel comfortable with either option. The hotel restaurant had a nice vibe. The hotel was quiet and I felt safe in the neighborhood.
We explored on foot our first day and on the second day the staff worked relentlessly to locate the Mustang convertible rental the kids requested AND found it!!! It was dropped off at the valet exactly as promised. I was waiting in the lobby to sign the paperwork and we were off! The Orlando provided a free GPS for the car, a couple of small maps and ideas for our all day well into the night excursions. We managed to hit every L.A. landmark then some in our short 4 day stay. We plan to return to L.A. very soon and will definitely be staying at The Orlando.
The staff was helpful, friendly and all around awesome! Thank you guys, we'll see you again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 517 facing the main entrance with a view of the Beverly Center from our window. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Seethew0rld01,

It sounds like you had a great trip to Los Angeles! Nothing makes us happier than to hear that our guests enjoyed their visit like you described.

I'm so glad that you found our guest services team to be responsive and "awesome"! All of the team monitors these reviews very carefully and we really enjoyed hearing about your trip.

I'm sorry that the pool wasn't available for your visit. As is often the case, we are a little at the mercy of the contractor and sometimes there are unforeseen delays. While we experienced one of these delays this week, we are anticipating that the pool will be open before next weekend, April 26th.

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Orlando. We'll look forward to your future visits to Los Angeles!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a girl's get-a-way. My sisters and I choose this hotel because of its location and because it was recommended by the Grove. We were able to walk to the Farmers Market and to the Grove. We had a great time watching "EXTRA" being taped with Mario and Maria! The hotel was upscale and very comfortable. The front desk staff were truly amazing - extremely friendly and helpful, from booking the hotel to suggesting other shopping experiences. We will be back!

Dear 3sisters312,

It's so great to hear that you had a terrific girl’s get-a-way! And it's great to see that you took advantage of our terrific mid-city west location! I believe we have one of the best locations in Los Angeles for shopping and much much more.

I'm so glad that you found our guest services team to be so helpful. We are very lucky to have an extraordinary group of agents!

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will all look forward to your future visits to The Orlando!

Guest Services Manager

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!