“Great Stay, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlyle Inn

You added The Carlyle Inn to your Saves list
The Carlyle Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1119 South Robertson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90035-1403 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlyle Inn) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 20% on New Rooms
Ranked #45 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nanoose Bay, Canada
“Great Stay, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

In a city of almost 4 million people and a weeklong stay the staff of the Carlyle Inn were the nicest, most helpful people we met!! Well worth the money spent! If ever down this way again this hotel will be 1st. on my list. Top notch.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The location, first and foremost, is conducive for walking on Rodeo Drive, to a Starbucks. To Jewish synagogues, schools, etc...a convenient location! Shopping very near by. Pleasant neighborhood. Sushi and Thai foods across the street, too!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - walked out of the room into breakfast but didn't hear a noise as i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brossard, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The person at the desk is very very kind and helpful in all aspects, hotel is in a convenient location.the room was very clean and quiet,the bed very comfortable, the hotel well located.the breakfast included was perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Curitiba - Parana - Brasil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed 2 nights on April 2013 at this hotel.
The hotel is in the middle of the square and if u dont pay attention, you can pass by in front, without noticing it.
The parking is in the back of the hotel and kind of strange.
The room is small for 2 people but Its okay.
The room is dated and they need some updatings.
The thing that I really liked was their breakfast. Its a good one, with fruits, cheese,yougurt, sorts of breads.
The charge for the parking - U$16,01 - yes, they charged 1 cent too....lol....I needed to give them U$32,02 with this 02 cets because the front desk said they charged it.
During the night, after 7pm there are not so many lights at the hall, so just to pay attention where is your room to dont get lost.
Overall, my experience was good. They have several restaurants and fast food around but I would never recommend anyone to walk around at night, because the street is a little bit dark.

Room Tip: Try to ask a room at the 1st floor, so u dont need to take elevator to go to breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location. We were able to quickly drive to colleges and sites throughout the area. You have to pay to part in one of their 10 or so spots. It was such a joy to back out of spots trying to miss sideways parked cars and a couple of support posts. Plus our A/C vents sounded like the furnace in the movie Zathura. But parking was the hotels only real negative. The help was nice and attentive. The rooms were cleans and fixed up to perfection nightly. The breakfast was basic and not bad. Cereals, muffins, eggs, bacon, fresh waffles. The typical hotel fare. In previous posts complained about the breakfast --I see breakfast as a convenience and not like a 5 course meal. It was quick and filling. I gave this hotel five stars for its location and cleanliness. The two most important necessities I look for in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The cheapest hotel in the area but definitely overpriced for what it is. We stayed here last minute and my sister wanted us to stay in a hotel somewhat close to her place, kind of wish we had just started heading home. For the amount we paid for a double queen room I expect some room, that is not what we got. I read other reviews on here and kept seeing small room I just did not realize how small they really are. Very small. It is an old hotel they slapped some paint on and put in updated furniture and called it a best western. The girl we first checked in with was not very professional and left me pretty unimpressed. She booked us into a room on the third floor which I can only assume is the handicapped room since the shower literally was a walk in with a curtain. That did not make us too thrilled since the water just got everywhere and there was not even a rubber mat to provide some sort of safety. It made it pretty unsafe for our kids. There is no pool only a hot tub so yet another tick mark in our children's list of wants. The beds were comfortable but the walls are so thin I could hear people showering in other rooms beside me, people showering above me, people going in and out of their rooms near me as though they were using my door it was so loud. The next morning we went down for breakfast and they have the usual best western fare of cereal, eggs and bacon, make your own waffles, toast and etc. The woman who worked down there was very friendly but did not hardly speak English so when things ran out like syrup and we asked for more she did not know what we were saying. Upon checkout the clerk was a lot better than the day prior, she was very pleasant and chipper. More than likely won't return unless I don't have better options.

• Stayed March 2013
Amanda F, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Familyvacayer,
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit. I appreciate you taking the time and sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Your feedback will help us make improvements wherever possible, and I would love to speak with you directly as well. You can call me at 310-275-4445. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you again next time.

Regards,
Amanda Fulton/ General Manager
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a simple, clean hotel. Nice staff, clean rooms with a table and two Chris, two of us worked easily. Free wireless, free breakfast and convenient to Pico-Robertson, Century City and Westside. Parking is a bit strange, but to have it in this neighborhood is a blessing. Definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Carlyle Inn? Share your experiences!