“A little bit below the average” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #172 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Verona, Italy
“A little bit below the average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pro:
Position near Hollywood Blv.
Quite clean.

Con:
Room was very narrow while the bathroom was ok.
Carpet in common space are quite old and it seems they are not so clean.
The breakfast was very poor and THERE WAS NO PLACE to sit down for eating. The food was served in the lobby and there were two tables to sit down only in an internal patio. In the winter, in the morning, the patio is very cold and it is not possible to eat relaxed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

All in all the stay we had was OK. The hotel is old and doesn't feel looked after. Room was small and bathroom not very nice. We put our car in the garage the first day but it was so hard not to scratch it we didn't bother a second time (we parked on road nearby). Breakfast is very basic - coffee, toast, bagels, stop, served in reception and can only be eaten on tables outside.
I think it was overpriced and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Morro Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This small motel with small rooms is big when it comes to location, cleanliness, decor and staff. It has been here for decades, but in its current characterization, it feels very modern. And safe. Even the unsecured underground garage feels safe, but I wouldn't want to try to get a large vehicle down there! This was our first stay, but it certainly will not be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 beds.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rocklin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room was very small, but had all the amenities we needed. The price was right, and the location was convenient for our needs. Parking is underground and a little tricky to get into but OK.

The biggest issue is the practice of the hotel to take a photocopy of your driver's license and credit card. They claim to need this for the "Police, if they want to find out if someone stayed there" and they assured me I could get the paper copy back on checkout. Not true as they refused to give it to me citing that the Police want them to keep the record even though I complained vigorously. They finally gave me the credit card image, but would not part with the driver's license image.

I have made the main office of Rodeway Inns aware of this, but if anyone reading this is as worried as I am about personal identity theft, you should STAY AWAY from this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not close to the designated smoking nook on the second floor. People smoke, d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I give this hotel only 4 stars because of the underground garage and the size of the room. I was actually impressed by the room itself. From the outside as I was driving up it didn't look that nice. I drove into the underground parking garage which is way too small to be considered a parking garage. I went inside to the lobby to check-in but the door was locked and there was no one at the window. I waited about 10 minutes and still no one showed up. It would've been nice to have a bell or something at the window to alert them when a customer is there waiting. We left and decided to drive around for something to eat and come back later. Trying to get out of the parking garage was scary. I own a nissan altima and if you have a car or truck bigger than that don't even think about parking in the garage because you may not come out without some scrapes. I was lucky but decided to park in the back when I returned which wasn't much better because there's a sign that says parking was only for the customers of the building next door. As for the room itself, I was more than satisfied. I will admit that I did look for stuff to write and complain about and I couldn't find anything. The room was tiny but my son and I enjoyed the cable on the flat screen tv and the free wi-fi. The covers and pillows were all clean and so was the bathroom. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy. We stayed two nights. We were able to walk over to the park across the street for the Run For Her Ovarian cancer walk event on Sunday. It only took about 10 minutes which included waiting at the crosswalk. We didn't get up in time for the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The walls are thin but what do you expect from a hotel right next to a busy road like Beverly Blvd. We had a room facing the alley. The a/c was loud too but I didn't mind because the sound drowned out the outside noise and helped put me to sleep. The a/c worked well in fact a little too well because when we returned later that night the room was freezing. I would suggest they get bigger towels and more than one wash cloth per person. Yes I would recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again if I need to. It's across the street from Pan Pacific park and CBS studios. The Grove is in walking distance and the Beverly Center is about 1 1/2 miles down the street also.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
orangeville, ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this motel for it's proximity to the CBS studios. It's not fancy at all and quite dated but it served our purpose for a short stay.
The room we had was on the 2nd floor and it was small. Odd layout - sink/mirror/counter not in washroom but in the main room. Whatever...it had a flat screen tv, complimentary wifi, fridge and microwave. Had a courtyard area with tables on ground level and one balcony on the second level which we enjoyed nightly.
Our room view was the gas station and CBS studio. It's not the area for views to begin with so didn't expect them.
This motel did offer limited breakfast items - the only fruit was oranges, oatmeal, limited bagels, bread, a waffle maker, coffee and tea. Vending machine for pop/snacks. Water cooler in lobby.
Walking distance to The Farmer's Market - lots of really great places to eat, grocery and transit.
Air conditioning is loud but works.
Walls are thin - heard things we didn't want to!!
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.
The property seems to be trying to keep up with repairs and updating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have to admit tha the rooms are in the small side. But the personnel make up for. They all are very friendly and customeer oriente. They are allways willing to help. I SPECIALLY LIKE TO THANK ROSARIO AND CRISTY FOR ALL THE HELP THEY HAVE PROVIDED ME. SUCH HOSPITALITY IS WELCOMED BY ME.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Los Angeles? Share your experiences!