“Great Location - Fantastic, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #41 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sparrows Point, Maryland
“Great Location - Fantastic, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The Hotel Angeleno may just be the best value for a hotel of its caliber in the LA area. I traveled to LA with 10 other family members for a law school graduation and the hotel was able to accomodate all of our needs [no easy feat when dealing with such a large group]. From Lesly who greeted us on check in (after having helped me arrange a city tour for the group while I was still on the east coast), to Nick our guest relations contact, fount of information, and all around nice guy, to Jower who very ably helped to handle some last minute issues and assisted us through a very smooth check out, all the staff we encountered were always willing to share information and help us out in any way possible.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked very well (this is important given the constant highway noise). The pool was nice and the gym adequate.

One caveat though (and do not let this discourage you from staying here). The hotel is located at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and I-405. There are NO eateries or shops located within reasonable walking distance. The hotel restaurant and cafe are very expensive. Take advantage of the free shuttle service that the hotel offers. Within their three mile radius are plenty of reasonably priced places to eat and shop for groceries (which you can store in your in-room refrigerator) that will allow you to stay within your vacation budget. Also consider having food delivered to the hotel. One night we had pizza, salad, and drinks, delivered from California Pizza Kitchen and the entire family had a pizza party.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was greeted with the warmest smiles and friendly attitudes from the Valet, to the Front Desk people, to the Housekeeping staff, to the Bar & Restaruant staff. Everyone. Undoubetdly the most pleasant hotel experience I've ever had, and I've traveled all over the world. The rooms are modern, beautiful and clean. The bedding is the finest I've seen and experienced. This hotel is the only hotel I would stay when in L.A. I have stayed there numerous times and am always completely impressed and satisfied by the amenities as well as the entire staff of employees. A first class hotel experience...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
central valley, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

My stay(that ended this morning) was absolutely awful starting with a valet (only parking available) who wouldn't check my car in until Ishowed confirmation that I had booked a room with the hotel. I couldn't get anyone to help carry my luggage; the room I was checked into had a dirty bathroom (coffee stains, dirt and debris in the tub and sink). I called to request new bedding and a clean bathroom early the next morning... when I returned after my business meetings, the new bedding/comforter on one of the beds was not dry...it had wet clumps of down/filling like rosettes all over the top of it. Luckily, there was the other bed to sleep in for that night. The next morning I called again to complain...there was no hair dryer in the bathroom, and no inner shower curtain so the floor was soaked every time after showering. The next to last night of my stay involved a air conditioner that was blowing out hot air, and a TV remote that quit working.

I complained everyday to "guest services", and they did fix my a/c. I would have moved to another hotel if I had had the chance, and will certainly be reporting this experience to my employer who usually books 100-150 rooms at the hotel in August every year. I am a frequent traveler for business, and I can honestly tell you that I have had better experiences at a Motel 6 than I have staying at this hotel for the past 5 nights, and paying over $1,000 to this hotel!! Trust me, there's got to be better hotels near UCLA than this one.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Calabasas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Jose the driver is a very nice young man. Bryan is another driver for the Angeleno Hotel services, and he's hilarious part time comedian too. So except laughter to be a major part of your stay. Blanca is an excellent front desk lady, her smile will brighten the whole front room! Edith helped me with traveling problems I ran into, and she did a great job helping. Lesly is a doll and always smiling! Kristina is the best by far!! I uproared some drama and everyone from the hotel were comforting and the hostipality blew my mind! If I stay anywher again it will the Angeleno hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear xoleah38

Reno, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

First of all, I got a great rate through a sale on Expedia, $109/night. For that price, there was nothing to complain about. The bed was really comfortable, and even though I had a room facing the freeway the noise was not noticeable. The staff was very nice too. I booked it a month out and closer to the departure date the rates were around $190/night. For that price, I'd probably want to stay elsewhere. The renovation that has been done is modern, but completely superficial and kind of cheap looking. The pictures on the walls looked like they were purchased at Ikea, and there were mismatched towels in the bathroom. But overall, you could do worse than staying here. Good location, nice staff, and clean hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Dear dave_929,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know you were satisfied with our property.

smittenkitten25
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The hotel is very nicely designed with classy decor, italian sheets, and valet parking. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Located in a beautiful area next to the Getty Museum. At a very reasonable price this hotel exceeded all of my expectations and guaranteed my return as their guest.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear smittenkitten25,

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

The Angeleno does a wonderful job of carrying on the tradition of JDV boutique hotels. We stayed here for a long get-away weekend. The room was perfect, bed fabulous, bathroom stocked & clean, quality of furnishings was very nice, and the hotel in general is very upscale, attractive, and close to so many things to see & do in L.A. The staff was friendly, accommodating, helpful, and made us feel at home. We had just a few requests, and they were responded to very quickly, and with maximum attentiveness. The staff made us feel at home, and we were also able to use the hotel van for several close-by drop-offs and pick-ups. We are world travelers, and very picky about where we stay. We will recommend The Angeleno to everyone. And we will absolutely stay here on all future trips to L.A.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear SallyCalifornia,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

LA, CA, 90049

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!