“Great value for LA business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #48 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great value for LA business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Staff is very friendly, amenities are new and clean, room service is timely, comfortable room and good products. I would for sure stay here again for the price. Especially liked the location near the 405 between Santa Monica and Hollywood area.

Room was noisy due to traffic but the hotel moved upon my request. Very efficient and service-minded.
One last note which is important for an expensive city like LA. This hotel offers free valet which is efficient enough.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Ocean, not the city. Less noisy Spa and breakfast got 'terrible' review...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello HoochBrenner,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms, services, and location convenient for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

LA traffic is a nightmare and when we come to this city on business we end up staying here because we have everything under one roof. A great property, nice rooms, a kick-butt lounge and restaurant on the top floor, an incredible pool area with a fire pit. What tops everything is the staff at this place. Cara, the host at the wine hour was very kind and fun. Give this a place a try and I bet you will always come back. We do!

Filmmakers
Dan & Deb

Room Tip: Ask to face the South
Hello Dan & Deb,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the our poolside fireplace, the West Restaurant, and the complimentary wine hour. I will certainly share your compliments with Cara and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Maplewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I travel a lot for business and most hotels are fine--but Hotel Angeleno was exceptional! All of the staff I interacted with were great--from valet parking, front desk staff, restaurant staff, and others--the maid even left me a new tube of toothpaste because she saw I was running out. The location was very cool--once my meetings were done for the day, I was able to get up to the Getty Center on the mountain behind the hotel for an afternoon of art and beauty (and hotel shuttle brought me back, too). Restaurant food was delicious--we loved it so much that my group chose to eat there four times instead of going out (which normally would never happen unless the food was excellent)--and views of LA were beautiful from the restaurant as well. Overall, I got back more refreshed from my business trip than if I had taken a vacation. Wow!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the nicer the view; maybe ask for one that isn't directly over the highway
Hello KirstenP706,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad to hear that our services made your business trip feel more refreshing than a vacation. We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a wonderful time. We especially want to commend Edith (front desk attendant) who helped us every day with a reservation issue.
The entire staff is very attentive to guest needs and very polite.
Location is terrific, Free valet parking a big plus in LA.
Will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello dpineesq,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad you found our staff to be attentive to your needs and that you were able to enjoy our free valet parking service. I will certainly share your compliments with Edith and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

A warm and friendly welcome as we arrived. Thanks especially to Logan, Elijah and Riley. Love the views! Handy location - the AC blocks the noise from the 405 - not an issue- rooms are small but comfortable - cool vibe

• Stayed February 2014
Hello CarmelCW,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our cool vibe. I will certainly share your compliments with Logan, Elijah, Riley and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

New York Mills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I Recently stayed there and thought it was great value in central Brentwood that included all you can drink wine for happy hour. Everyone was extremely nice and highly professional except the young man that works Monday mornings at the cafe. He made me the worst coffee and when I asked him to redo it he wanted to charge me again. Today before checking out I went back to the cafe and the young lady there was very helpful and her coffee was 100% better and she apologized for the young man's ignorance and gave me a complimentary coffee.

I would over look the incident and definitely stay there again but wont be at the cafe Monday mornings if the young man is there.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 10th floor or higher to minimize noise from the highways.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hello Ivan E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us, but do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced in the cafe. I will certainly share your comments with our management team. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. We hope to see you again soon.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

On Feb 22nd 2014 I stayed at your hotel, and had the worst experience ever. First of all the resturant service was terrible. we had to sit and wait over one hour after placing our oder to get our food. Other people came in after us and were served before us. There was so much noise from the 405 freeway, I could not sleep the entire night. The staff did the bare minimum, and other times did not seem to care. I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone ever. You need to invest in some better windows to keep out the noise from the freeway.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the freeway on the highest level possible. The noise from the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Howard B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the service in the restaurant and the noise in the room, and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!