“Thanks to Isaiah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #49 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange, California
“Thanks to Isaiah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Amazing stay, great clean rooms and guy at reception Isaiah was amazing and so sweet. I highly recommend to everyone! The room was so clean and we had an awesome view, we went to the rooftop restaurant/bar and it they had great drinks/ apps not to mention watching the beautiful LA sunset.

Room Tip: Everything was great no extra tips needed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear melody f

We are so happy you enjoyed our rooms and restaurant, and we Isaiah thanks you for remembering him. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Moberly, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel while at first is a dated holiday inn becomes a chic boutique hotel upon entrance. I had my doubts after bidding on priceline.com but I was pleasantly surprised.

Joseph, at the front desk took care of all my needs from checking me in to finding me places to go and see. The whole front desk here is top notch, nothing was out of the question and tons of perks! Wine to be precise. The rooms are a good size not grand but good all the usual you would find in a 4 star hotel and more. Yes its on the freeway but you get what you get on priceline. I will definitely be back also since i know they price match any websites.

Room Tip: ask for joseph he knows!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear frank T

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our front-desk team, Joseph in particular. It sounds like you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour as well. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This place is beautiful, service is great and the restaurant is first class.
Of special noted please thank Edith at front desk for helping me out when out of a jam in the morning, and Amelia at West, for being very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely recommend this place.

- Uriel

Room Tip: get a room at the top, the view is great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Uriel

Both Edith and Amelia were thrilled that you remembered them! Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about West Restaurant and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Got this as the "secret hotel" deal off hotwire so the it was great value!
The rooms are small but well appointed and clean. The beds were so comfortable - it felt like we were sleeping on giant pillows. The hotel is situated right next to a highway and we had the "highway" views from our room but couldn't hear any of the noise even though we were only on level 6, so don't let that bother you.

The valet service was a bit choatic when we arrived because quite a few guests arrived at the same time, but picking up the car again was much more efficient. Location wise it's conveniently located on a main road so it's probably good for people coming from out of town (we drove down from the north), but to get to main attractions you will need a car. The fitness and pool facilities were also very modern. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear silken_tofu

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our beds, fitness center, location, and pool. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel twice per month for work and have been for years, so I'm a bit biased: It's a little like coming home for me.

Every time I check in Joseph, Chris, Jovver, Nelson, José et al always greet me by name. When I get to my room Lesly has made sure I'm well taken care of. When I check out Edith & staff always take good care of me, and when I go outside for my car Mr. Carlos Aguilar and crew always have it ready and waiting. And if I need to make phone reservations May is the "go-to" girl when I can't get hold of Edith.

Room Tip: If you can spring for a room above the twelfth floor it's well worth it. And be sure to ask for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear netshoppper

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff. We are thrilled that you think of the Angeleno as a 'coming home.'

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at a great price compared to other comparable hotels. Rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, although noticed some fraying spots. Each room has a small balcony, but ask for a high floor otherwise I'm betting the noise from the highway might be too loud.

The hotel's common areas are nice - the pool area is small, but feels relaxing and somewhat secluded even though it's just off the road. Staff was very friendly and the valet parking was quick and convenient.

The hotel is conveniently located to main roads, but there's not much else in the immediate vicinity. One tip: there's construction on the 405 that impacts getting to the hotel - or at least how my GPS wanted me to get there. It took some re-routing each time to get to and from the hotel. (Thought it was something the hotel could have proactively mentioned, but it's also easy enough to figure out after a few tries.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Elchie

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our rooms, common areas, pool, and valet parking.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed from Aug23 - Aug27 for business/vacation trip. When we arrived we asked for a room facing the residential side. We were immediately upgraded. The hotel is just minutes from Bel Air & Brentwood. It was so easy jumping on the 405 as well to get places fast. The room was updated and very comfy. We found the free valet parking to be such a nice treat as we were sick of paying for parking while out and about.

Will definitely stay here on my next visit to LA!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gord6217

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our complimentary valet parking and location. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!