“Perfect for visiting the Getty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #48 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Perfect for visiting the Getty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location by the Getty museum - and even saved on the parking fee at the museum by taking the free hotel shuttle there and back.

Great bar / restaurant upstairs and efficient, friendly staff

Hotel is near Sunset Blvd, UCLA (Hammer museum) and Westwood memorial park

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear EAWhitley1

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Angeleno for 3 nights over Grammy weekend. I loved everything about the hotel. We paid an amazingly low price and it included free valet parking. The location is terrific, we were spending our time in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Usually, I don't eat or drink at the restaurant in my hotel but this one was great. A pretty room w a stunning view. Our room was a nice size and the highway didn't bother us at all. Theres traffic but no one is beeping the horn. It's all good here. Amelia the housekeeper deserves a mention as well for a good job. I gave it 5 stars not because it's a 5 star hotel but but because it delivers more than you'd expect at a low price. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear NorthSeaHarbor

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about Amelia. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently spent four nights at the Hotel Angeleno in LA near the Getty and UCLA (etc). The friendly overall service and the very convenient shuttle service (limited to about 3 miles or less) make it very appealing. My standard room was big and comfortable and when the next door neighbors made lots of noise, the staff quickly moved me to a better room that was very quiet. Some rooms come with walk in showers. My room had a comfortable desk, desk chair and refrigerator not to mention the usual TV etc. Lather products are in the bathroom. The hotel also has an exercise room, outdoor swimming pool and a well equipped coffee stand in the lobby, in addition to a restaurant on the top floor. Ask for a quiet room away from the freeway and use the room air conditioning/heating unit to block any worrisome noise from outside. I had room service breakfasts on two occasions and the food was very good, delivered on time and still warm.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway side of the hotel may be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear tg22wa

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our service. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a magical time at Hotel Angeleno! We were visiting LA for the first time and had stayed with friends for few days. We decided we needed some time alone and the official feeling of being on vacation. We booked the room through the Hotels Tonight app for a great deal at the last minute.

When we arrived, we were happy to find free valet parking, a great service team, and a pleasant gym and pool to burn some calories from all the delicious food we have been indulging on. When we checked into our room, we were confused why we were in a room with two double beds. We checked at the desk to see if there was availability for a king size, and with out hesitation, the super cool front deskman, Chris, upgraded us to a king and sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. :) We were stoked!

We went to work out, shower and prepare for our fun night out on the town! I was super excited for free cocktail hour in the lobby with delicious red wine! We enjoyed yummy appetizers at the penthouse restaurant, West, and headed out for the evening! When we returned around 2am or so, valet service was still available and they were happy to be there.

In the morning, we were thrilled to have the MOST delicious breakfast in bed and even really awesome coffee! We were so impressed! I also really enjoyed the bath products, Lather. They were better than the shampoo and conditioner I brought with me.

Check out was a breeze and they even let us check out late since we had been having so much fun! :)

Overall, we loved staying at Hotel Angeleno and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: We had a room right by the elevator, but it wasn't as noisy as I was expecting, though there was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear isoulshines

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have created a magical experience for our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

On business for a total of four nights, and had a pleasant stay. The best day was when a bird pooped on my head and shoulder after work, and the 405 Freeway was packed. Their staff personally cleaned my jacket, the hot shower lifted my spirits and the food of the restaurant refueled my body. Hans from the front desk, the individual balconies and a view of the traffic I'm not in from the 13th floor will keep my asking for my employers to book my stay at the Hotel Angeleno in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear J J

First off, I'm sorry a bird pooped on your head! But I am very happy the staff was able to turn your day around.

Davie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff was very accommodating, warm and friendly, especially Chris W. Our room was nice and clean. Location is great for getting to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu, even Magic Mountain since we are just off the 405. Restaurant, gym, and pool are well kept. Definitely recommend for simple travel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Zachary L

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at every 5 star hotel in LA and Hotel Angeleno can hold its own with any of them. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Hans at the front desk helped me send a package, Lonny happily brought our bags to the room after Joseph checked us in. The valet guys are fast and always happy to give us directions or the weather report! Our room was not big but always clean. We were on the 9th floor. It is next to the freeway so you do hear the hum of traffic but nothing that turning on the fan doesn't cure. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear b1tchn3wy0rk

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our employees. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!