“Romantic Stay with 1st Class Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #43 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Santa Cruz, California
“Romantic Stay with 1st Class Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a magical time at Hotel Angeleno! We were visiting LA for the first time and had stayed with friends for few days. We decided we needed some time alone and the official feeling of being on vacation. We booked the room through the Hotels Tonight app for a great deal at the last minute.

When we arrived, we were happy to find free valet parking, a great service team, and a pleasant gym and pool to burn some calories from all the delicious food we have been indulging on. When we checked into our room, we were confused why we were in a room with two double beds. We checked at the desk to see if there was availability for a king size, and with out hesitation, the super cool front deskman, Chris, upgraded us to a king and sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne. :) We were stoked!

We went to work out, shower and prepare for our fun night out on the town! I was super excited for free cocktail hour in the lobby with delicious red wine! We enjoyed yummy appetizers at the penthouse restaurant, West, and headed out for the evening! When we returned around 2am or so, valet service was still available and they were happy to be there.

In the morning, we were thrilled to have the MOST delicious breakfast in bed and even really awesome coffee! We were so impressed! I also really enjoyed the bath products, Lather. They were better than the shampoo and conditioner I brought with me.

Check out was a breeze and they even let us check out late since we had been having so much fun! :)

Overall, we loved staying at Hotel Angeleno and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: We had a room right by the elevator, but it wasn't as noisy as I was expecting, though there was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear isoulshines

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have created a magical experience for our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

On business for a total of four nights, and had a pleasant stay. The best day was when a bird pooped on my head and shoulder after work, and the 405 Freeway was packed. Their staff personally cleaned my jacket, the hot shower lifted my spirits and the food of the restaurant refueled my body. Hans from the front desk, the individual balconies and a view of the traffic I'm not in from the 13th floor will keep my asking for my employers to book my stay at the Hotel Angeleno in the future.

Dear J J

First off, I'm sorry a bird pooped on your head! But I am very happy the staff was able to turn your day around.

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Davie, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff was very accommodating, warm and friendly, especially Chris W. Our room was nice and clean. Location is great for getting to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Malibu, even Magic Mountain since we are just off the 405. Restaurant, gym, and pool are well kept. Definitely recommend for simple travel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Zachary L

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at every 5 star hotel in LA and Hotel Angeleno can hold its own with any of them. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Hans at the front desk helped me send a package, Lonny happily brought our bags to the room after Joseph checked us in. The valet guys are fast and always happy to give us directions or the weather report! Our room was not big but always clean. We were on the 9th floor. It is next to the freeway so you do hear the hum of traffic but nothing that turning on the fan doesn't cure. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear b1tchn3wy0rk

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our employees. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

There are two lifts, one is permanently out of action, the other periodically failing, got stuck in it for several minutes. Too tall a building to take the stairs. Room door lock broken, special technique to open needed, in a separate issue key card failed. Hotel is badly in need of maintenance.

Dear rssa

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I do apologize for one of our elevators being out of service. Unfortunately, the part we needed to replace took a few days to arrive.

I have shared your very helpful comments with our Chief Engineer.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Edith at Registration is always happy and polite and can't do enough to make you feel at home. She plays a very special part of when I return to the Angeleno. If we had more employees like Edith everything would wonderful.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny and good views
Dear Fred L

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about Edith, all of which we wholeheartedly agree with. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

If art and architecture are your aim, stay in the hotel closest to the Getty and ask for a room away from the freeway and view of the Getty hanging over above. The anticipation you'll feel before your visit will just heighten the suspense,
Then, when rush hour picks up on the 405 Freeway below, go the the top floor restaurant and lounge, West and remind yourself that you are on vacation, away from all the hustle and bustle!
Parking was free....amazingly, and if you really want to be cheap and avoid the $15 parking fee at the Getty, the hotel will drive you there for free if you book ahead.
Of, and by the way, this hotel is a fine example of mid century modern round hotels opened many years ago as a Holiday Inn when that brand was flying high!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Freddie F

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our hotel and restaurant, West. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!