“perfect choice in a safe area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Angeleno

You added Hotel Angeleno to your Saves list
Hotel Angeleno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save $25 on select meals
Ranked #48 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
kent
“perfect choice in a safe area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

we stayed here for couple of nights after long deliberation and were very happy with all facilities available, we could not fault the room for comfort and cleanliness and situation of hotel right on the 405 very easy to find,easy access down to coast or into hollywood and local attractions/shopping.
we did not use the pool due to bad weather so just had a look in to the area which would be fine for a plunge on a hot day but not for holiday use long term in my view.Hotel parking was very easy with valet parking but you are expected to give a dollar or so tip when they bring the car round for you.we had no complaints.

Room Tip: this is a round hotel and views are vast from any side i feel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear karen s

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. I am so happy that you had no complaints. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Angeleno April 17-19 for business. The hotel is located close to I-405. There is free valet parking and high speed internet which was a great savings as valet parking and cost $36/night and internet at $14.95/night at the other hotel where I stayed at less than 10 minutes away. (Hyatt Century City)

The valet and front desk staff were courteous. The hotel had a complimentary 1 hr wine reception from 5:30PM inside the lobby.

I was in room 1400 which was facing directly onto I405. The noise didn't bother me at all. I thought the shower stall was great. There were bathrobes and extra towels. The mini bar was stocked, (manual system so you can move the items around to make room for your own drinks)

The restaurant on the top floor had great views. I had drinks and food at the bar on both nights, and had breakfast on both mornings. Price was reasonable. Around $12 for most breakfast selections. Please note that coffee and juices are $4 which is a bit steep. There is complimentary tea and coffee in the guestrooms.

The free internet in the rooms was decent for emails and webrowsing. There is an option to pay for faster speeds but unless you wil be having video conferencing or downloading large files, the free interenet is sufficient. There is also a business center where each guests are allowed 15 minutes of internet time per 24 hours.

The pool was nice and there was a small coffee shop where you can buy some food and drinks to consume by the pool.

There is no fast food places within half a mile. There was a small commercial complex about a mile away where the hotel suggested a bakery where I bought some cupcakes and tiramisu for some clients.

Location was great, along Sunset and I-405. Great service, and unbeatable value. (150s with free parking and internet) Great to use as a base, but please note that you will need your car if you want to go sightseeing or get something to eat as there are no stores or shops within half a mile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear MarcotheRoadWarrior

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Hotel Angeleno definitely exceeded my expectations! After realizing it was located directly beside the 405 I had reservations but this did not pose a problem whatsoever. The location is great if you have a car, if not, it might be a bit far from touristy spots. However, in my opinion you cannot live or travel to LA and not have a car. Everything in this city is very spread out and it would be tough to rely on the shuttle they provide or cabs (although I am sure the service is great). The hotel staff were always very friendly and the free valet and wiFi was a definite perk! The pool area is beautiful (a bit noisy from the freeway, but nothing to be concerned about). I have lived in LA as well stayed on the Sunset strip a couple times and I would definitely return to Hotel Angeleno. I think the location is great (Westwood/Bel Air area) and the value is the best I've seen in LA. Oh and the beds are amazing! I hope nothing changes with this great hotel before my next visit. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Taradise15

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our service and our hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

It sounds like we will be seeing you again soon. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

Emeryville CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great room. You're on the 405 Freeway, but Bel Air's celebrities tolerate it just across the way, plus the Getty is just above. The TV and TV connection are so good, they may be better than home, and the Wi-Fi is free.

My reservation was a little complicated, and the staff messed it up. Overall, the staff were all right but really didn't seem as in tune with things as at most fine hotels.

The Web site mentions a shuttle service, but it seems to be one very over-extended van. My first night I called for a pickup from Westwood Village, and they said it would be a 3-hour wait. Next morning I reserved a ride from the hotel, but so many others did we had to squeeze ultra-tight to fit in.

Room Tip: The hotel is round. It is right on the busy 405 Freeway. If that's going to be a problem, ask th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear rafael100,

Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

I apologize for the issue you had with our courtesy car. Many of our guests use it, so it is best to make a reservation for it when you check in.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Levittown New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Angeleno while visiting UCLA. Although there was nothing within walking distance, the hotel was only a short drive to UCLA, Getty Center, Santa Monica Beach, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and only 20 minutes from the airport (if you are lucky to not hit traffic) The hotel staff were super, all very pleasant and accommodating. Great comfortable bed. The easy access right off the highway was convenient but did add a bit of noise throughout the night. Valet parking was ok until the last day when they tried to give me two cars which weren't mine which was a little worrisome. Restaurant had great views with a good breakfast although it was a bit pricey. Hotel price was great compared to much lesser hotels which charged more. Would definitely stay again if ever in that area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel opposite the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear LISKIBUM

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff and our hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

Gillingham, Dorset. UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Hotel Angeleno on our first visit to LA from the UK, we were alarmed to find we had arrived at a Hotel in the middle of a freeway, it seemed to be miles away from anywhere. The reception staff were extremely pleasant and booked the free shuttle for us every morning and the drivers took great pains to drop us in various locations so that we could find our way around.
Our room was very comfortable on the 12th floor and faced Church Street so the traffic noise did not bother us. It was very clean and had lovely King size bed.
The bar on the top floor was a great place with great views over LA although the drinks were on the pricey side.
When we arrived home we found that we had left some items behind and emailed the hotel to enquire if they had been found. The Housekeeping Manager was very helpful and arranged for them to be mailed to us.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for less road noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara C

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff and especially our Housekeeping Manager. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I live five minutes from the Angeleno. We recently spent two nights there on last-minute bookings because we were driven from our home by the stench from a burned-out appliance motor.

The Angeleno has well-equipped, well-designed rooms, and a top-floor restaurant and bar with fine views.

All the staff we interacted with had pure pro demeanors and capablities; whoever trained them understands what the hospitality trade is about. The second night we were checked in by Chris, an especially friendly, sympathetic young night clerk who made sure we got a very quiet room on an upper floor. (To be fair, the first night, our room was on the third floor and was acceptably quiet--be sure to ask for a room that doesn't face the 405 freeway.)

From now on we'll be recommending this place to our out-o-f-town friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LosAngelesLenny

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff. We take great pride not only in our training but in who we hire. Also, Chris thanks you for the very kind mention. Thanks also for recommending us.

We will see you soon,

Director of Rooms

Been to Hotel Angeleno? Share your experiences!