“Poor Management and Unprofessional Attitude” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Century City

You added Holiday Inn Express Century City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Century City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, WA
“Poor Management and Unprofessional Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

We had reservations at this hotel for a room with a handicap accessible shower. Our handicap accessible room was not available when we arrived, supposedly due to a stopped up drain. Our reservations had been made several days in advance, and our cell phone number was available to this staff. The room was guaranteed by credit card. No one advised us in advance that we would have NO ROOM when we arrived at our expected 10 pm arrival! When we arrived, we were told we would have to accept a room with NO accessibility. Of course, we asked why no one had informed us prior to our arrival so we could have found other accommodations. We were told no one thought it mattered since most people don't really need these rooms! We had to search the city at 10 pm at night for other accommodations after traveling all afternoon and evening! Totally unprofessional management!

• Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

We spent 2 of our 5 nights in Beverly Hills at this hotel. Decided to scrimp for 2 nights in order to spend more for an upscale hotel for the remaining 3. We chose this hotel because of location (good) and because of the reviews on this website (clean & friendly). Staff was very friendly. Free rolls & coffee in the lobby for breakfast. Valet indoor parking right outside the lobby door. As stated in other reviews, this hotel is very small, but the room was quite comfortable for 2 people. Bathroom was also average for a hotel, but was getting a little rundown. Likewise, the decor of room could be updated. Our air conditioning unit dripped water onto the carpet during the night, we discovered, but it wasn't a major annoyance. We did mention it to staff, but it was still dripping later in the day so I guess it wasn't anything serious. All in all, the best thing about hotel was the cleanliness and the friendliness. We probably wouldn't stay here again, but if you're on a budget it would be just fine & I think you'd be happy. We were only in the room for sleeping, so no real complaints. As a gauge to what I'm comparing this hotel to, we most often stay at Westins, Marriotts, or Hiltons.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2004

I made a reservation with this hotel by phone, and later cancelled within the same day... in fact, within just a few hours. A few days later a charge appeared on my corporate credit card. They did not inform me of a cancellation charge when I made or cancelled the reservation. They didn't even bother to send me a receipt via mail, so I am guessing they just thought I wouldn't catch it or that my company would pay it without thinking anything unusual. Normally I don't have issues with Holiday Inn, but I wouldn't recommend this particular location to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2004

Just got back from our trip out west....

After rolling into LAX late on a Friday, getting our rental car late, and driving thru rush hour traffic (by our standards) at night, my family needed a place to lay our sleepy heads in peace and quiet. This place hit the spot. HIExpress Century City is convenient to Hollywood/Beverly Hills and all the sites there. The room was super clean and very quiet. The Continental breakfast was excellent and very filling. Try those wonderful HOT cinnamon rolls... I had 2. The staff are delightful and very happy to please. You have to pay for parking but it is valet and is also covered. Parking looks to be at a premium in that area so I was happy to pay it. The rates are so reasonable for LA that you won't even notice. There really isn' t much within walking distance so eat and grab your supplies closer to the main highways before arriving.

My final evaluation... stay here if you can. It was lovely.

St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

This hotel was very convienently located between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, and a short drive from Hollywood and other tourist destinations. The hotel lobby was small, but the generous rooms made up for this. The hotel boasts about their jacuzzi tubs, but I wouldn't go expecting anything but an old (and small) size tub with a few jets. Beds were comfortable and the staff was relatively attentive. Parking was cheap by LA standards, and there is a grocery store across the street. Other than the grocery, there isn't anything else but a mall within walking distance. You'll definately need a car.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Its a great value and great location!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2004

This hotel was an awesome, hassle-experience. VERY friendly, competent, professional staff with ZERO attitude. It had a bit of a homey, family feeling to it actually. The place was quiet and I was right next to the elevator but never heard it or anyone in the hallways. There was traffic noise however from the main street the hotel is located on. My corner room was small but very clean and the decor and furniture were nice and modern. In-room high-speed internet was a snap to set up, just plug in the cord and you're off surfing for free! I overslept the first day so I missed the complimentary continental breakfast which ends at 10 a.m. but the staff said "Just call down to the front desk tomorrow morning and we'll send you up whatever you like." The hotel itself is not located in a pedestrian-friendly area ... since there are no cafes, shops or places to hang near it -but there is a large supermarket right across the street if you're in a pinch for food but don't feel like driving. (There is not an onsite restaurant but the room had a fridge.) I guess what I liked most about the place is the small size of the lobby. It gave a cozy feeling to the place. It's a chain hotel but they fantastically put the EXPRESS in Holiday Inn Express. I will be back!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Century City? Share your experiences!