“Absolutely the best customer service, hotel OK.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Century City

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Century City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Century City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
London UK
“Absolutely the best customer service, hotel OK.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I have just spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Century City and whilst there are one or two things to watch out for I must first of all compliment Kamran Qureshi, the hotel GM, for his marvellous pre-arrival email service and the staff when their for the friendly service always on hand.

Many hotels you'll send messages to, prior to arrival, looking for assistance or guidance and you'll get little to no reply or support. But this is definitely not the case with this hotel.
On two different matters over a period of 3 or 4 weeks I sent messages looking for support and assistance and on both matters had almost immediate replies followed by further recommendation and / or booking, so well done and thank you Kamran.

Our room in the hotel was good but we were on the Olympic Boulevard side of the hotel which can be an issue as the road is a very busy and noisy with fast moving vehicles most hours of the day and night, so if we returned I would be looking for a room on another side of the hotel.

Breakfast is included within the room charge but unfortunately for us the offering was not to our taste but it probably works for others. Other than a banana there was no fruit, the only yogurt's were sweetened, there were pastries and pancakes but not really to our liking or for anyone looking for a 'healthy' start to the day.

We didn't have a car for our short stay and we don't mind a walk so for us the location of the hotel was good with the Westfield shopping facility a 10 - 15 walk away with a whole host of shops, coffee bars and restaurants available and just across the road from the hotel there is a Ralph's supermarket, so location was good.

Overall we were happy with our stay because the staff where so great and we thought they cared and the location worked. Had it not been for the excellent staff our view would have been considerably less favourable.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the Olympic Blvd side of the hotel, should be the quiet side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Century City, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First off, this review is late. We traveled back in November. Better late than never! My husband , two teens and I spent five nights at this hotel. Troy was very personable and also professional at the front desk! We enjoyed the breakfast every morning. Rosabla in the breakfast room is such a hard worker and it was always maintained! We also spoke w/the GM-Kamran Qureshi on a few occasions. He runs a nice hotel and should be applauded for his staff! We had the loft suite. This was great with two teens. They had their own little space!We will stay here gain if ever in the LAX area. Hotel was also convenient to LAX attractions. We walked to the mall a few times! Can't waiti to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it. We will be looking forward to your visit at our hotel in near future.
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I hate to leave anything other than a glowing review because the staff here were just superb. We were staying with a few other family members and before travelling had exchanged emails with the manager about a few local amenities and he really did go above and beyond what was required.

When we arrived they continued to be very friendly and helpful, arranging transport for us and even helping us with the not insignificant task of getting all of our luggage into a car which was far to small to take all of us and the bags! I really can't criticise the treatment we received in the slightest.

LA is not really a city designed to be walked around - but this is only a few minutes wander from a Westfield with plenty of higher end stores and bars / restaurants - otherwise its a short drive from most of the major Hollywood / Beverly Hills tourist attractions / shops. There is also a big "Ralphs" Supermarket opposite if you want to save a few pennies instead of going out.

The "complimentary" breakfast is certainly not a gourmet affair, but there aren't any nice cafes in the immediate area, so as a quick morning bite it was actually fine - saw us through until lunch anyway.

Our room was lovely - Big bed with 2 soft and 2 firm pillows. A fridge and a microwave, nice size bathroom with a good shower. Big LCD TV with Cable. Air Con (Not that we needed it) and most importantly for me - Blackout curtains! I can't fault the cleaners, the place was immaculate, even after we left it in a bit of a mess (I must apologise as I forgot to tip!).

The only criticism I have to offer is unfortunately a significant one for me. Inexplicably in what is surely a purpose built hotel, there appear to be wooden floors. The guy above us was walking around until late at night and when you have jet lag and just want to sleep, the squeak of the floorboards was a real annoyance.

If you are a deep sleeper, this is the perfect hotel - if not, try to get a room on the top floor (Think they are only suites though), then your noise is somebody elses problem!

Room Tip: Go for the top floor to avoid the squeaky floorboards, avoid the city view - it's more expensive...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the Corporate Office. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in this Holiday Inn hotel for 8 days with my family and we had such a great experience with the whole staff from the breakfast staff to the front desk clerks. They were all very friendly and helpful. We didn't know the area so they helped us get through and we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I have one person named Rozi that works in this hotel to thank for. Rozi was wonderful to us. She helped us find our way around and just too too friendly and lovely. I will always remember her sweet adorable face.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was stuck in Anaheim on biz and called H.I. corporate (prior to 6pm) to cancel my reservation.

They said I had to call the hotel directly. Gentleman who answered said he had to call Manager. Came back and told me that they would not honor my request and that I would be billed over $400 for the 2 rooms for my work colleague and myself if we did not show. So, we drove all the way BACK to L.A. (from Anaheim) . I advised him that it was his choice to make me do so, but that I would be sure to tell as many people as possible of their choice. Apparently, he was not swayed. By the way, it's not like my reservation was keeping them from booking someone else - the place was relatively empty that Thurs. night in March.

I find the fact that they were totally INFLEXIBLE discouraging. Yes, one can sight "policy", but please. IF their aim was to get their money while totally inconveniencing a Priority Club GOLD Member, well they accomplished their goal.

Be wary of booking this hotel if you are a business traveler whose plans tend to change.

BTW, I gave H.I. corporate an opportunity to respond and all they did was site "policy".

BobS in PA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. Under isolated events, we may fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I have passed your comments on to the Corporate Office. All feedback is necessary for us to continue to improve.
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A big thanks to Rozi! She was so friendly and helpful. She made my stay so memorable by upgrading my regular room to a 2-floor suite upon knowing that I'm a platinum member of priority club. No question asked and I didn't even need to show my membership card. Amazing customer service. I would recommend staying there to other travelers.
Thanks again Rozi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Fullerton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rozi was so friendly and made sure my stay there was excellent! There were other employees working 3-23 and 3-24 that were amazing as well. For the customer service, and the free breakfast, I would suggest staying there to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask if all the room's beds block the bathroom door from opening all the way. It was impossible...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Century City? Share your experiences!