“Good value, exceptional staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Century City

You added Holiday Inn Express Century City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Century City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 327 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westbrook, CT
“Good value, exceptional staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

A great staff can't make a bad hotel good but they can make an okay hotel very good. That's the case here. A friend and I stayed here over the weekend. We were both upgraded to a better room and greeted very nicely. I think the person's name was Rosi. She and the gentleman at the front desk treated us like they were actually glad to see us - not just people checking in and out. The person staffing the breakfast room was really on top of her job. One real benefit of this hotel was the valet parking - very, very fast service. While the outside of this hotel isn't impressive, the location was very nice for walking.

Room Tip: Compare the cost of this hotel to the Hyatt Century City. It's certainly not as glitzy as the H...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Century City, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

stayed there for a week with two couples. every one on staff, without exception, from reception to housekeeping, food service and valet, was extremely helpful and friendly. the rooms are large and in good condition, and the overall impression is one of a four star hotel (it is a three star)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Century City, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited the Holiday Inn Express in Century City on a business trip in February 2013. I was not looking forward to 13 nights in a hotel, however, when I arrived, my outlook instantly became brighter. The front desk greeted me warmly (which was exactly what I needed after a day of traveling), and recommended the grocery store across the street when I asked where I could get a quick bite to eat.

The room I stayed in was perfect. Unlike many hotels in which I've stayed, the room was both wide and long, making it easy to navigate and giving me a significant amount of room in which to move around. The room boasted a comfortable bed, a desk with a char, a dresser, chair, footrest, and an area with a fridge and microwave. Because of the smart division of in-room amenities, it felt like I was staying in a suite.

Awesome location, walking distance to Santa Monica Blvd, UCLA, and the Century CIty Mall. I was able to see a lot of different areas of West LA on foot, which is great when traveling for business. The area seemed pretty safe, too.

The service here is great. All of the front desk employees were great; specifically, Rozi always made me feel like I was coming home to friends instead of coming back to a hotel. She was welcoming and courteous, always asking about my day and making sure to accommodate in any way possible. One day, she asked if I were headed out for a walk, and handed me a water bottle so I wouldn't become dehydrated on my trip. That little detail helps depict my entire stay--they definitely go above and beyond to make you feel at home.

I'd definitely recommend this place when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for nine nights in Feb 2013. The stay was very relaxing and easy going. Troy at the front desk went above and beyond to help us out with whatever we needed, he's very friendly and easy going and made our stay that much more pleasant.
Thanks Dan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Upper Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location near the Fox Studios and Century City Mall. Good service, nice rooms, not much of a view, but close to many area attractions. Grocery store across the street. Basic HIE breakfast. Valet parking ($15/night with in/out privileges.)

Room Tip: Breakfast is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I found the location to be quite good and close to Beverly Hills and Sunset Blvd where there is nightlife. The receptionists were very friendly and accommodating and when I complained about my room which was facing the road they switched it quickly (I don't know if its was just because I'm a gold member). The alternate room was better and was facing the neighborhood flats.

The main problem I found here was the noise coming from the upper floor where people were walking on it. It seems that it was an old wooden floor and the sound isolation was bad. This problem was "enhanced" from another aspect as I was woken up by the doors slamming loudly in the morning. This happened many times so I don't think its someone that has done this intentionally.
The free breakfast was OK and had a reasonable variety.
There is no self parking only Valet.

Room Tip: Don't take the ones facing the road if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We are extremely sorry to hear that your experience was less than excellent. Your comments will be forwarded to our Corporate Office and reviewed with our entire team. We strive to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a small hotel just off the backlot of one of the movie studios. It's a very nice area and I had a nice run each morning back into the neighborhoods and parks and even came across a tv crew filming scenes in the big park just a a few blocks away (they were filming scenes for Jenna Elfman's new show 1600 Penn).

The breakfast bar/buffet left a lot to be desired. It was in a converted hotel room and was cramped and not particularly clean. Plus, the offerings were pretty junky.

The rooms were nice and big and the valet service was nice.

I stayed here for work and it was fine. The hotel had a distinct smell - perhaps an overzealous use of cleaning fluids.

It was fine and I might stay again for work but just plan that I'd need to go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Century City? Share your experiences!