“Great service, very friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Century City

You added Holiday Inn Express Century City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Century City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great service, very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm staying here for an interview for UCLA and the management, Christian really helped me out he gave me great directions and told me about the area. The room is great and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My relatives have been staying at this HIE during the holidays for over 10 years. The location is perfect as we live in the area. The rooms are spacious and having a refrigerator comes in handy. The staff is courteous, helpful, and kind. Troy was extra helpful and kind and looked out for my elderly mother.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Does a great job for the league it plays in -
Location: About a 5-10 minute walk to Century City mall, big grocery store across the street
Rooms: Pleasant decor, quite large for a hotel of this class and TV / channels were great
Staff: Bryan and Troy were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Troy helps the extra mile when working. The location is in a part of town just out of the way enough of Century City Mall. There is a Ralph's across the street which comes in handy also. You can walk to it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
gm_hie_centurycity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Century City, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Dear Guest, I am very happy to read that our staff went the extra mile. I will pass your compliments onto Troy. Thanks for all of your accolades about the hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We apprciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Warm Regards, Sharon Bateman, General Manager
San Marcos, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This Hol Inn Exp is tough to find; no signs visible...dwarfed by The Marriott next door.

Let me say the Desk peeps were good, trying their best.......But there were several checking in at once.......

The "Manager" was there chiding them rather than helping them....think his name was Paul.
Seemed very impressed with himself but was overly patronizing to those checking in and demeaning to his staff........When he finally walked away (they were still busy) you could see the sighs of relief......

The Inn itself is a decent value but not the Beverly Wilshire, but this Paul thinks that's where he is......The pretentious attitude is not suited to The Express.....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
You are absolutely correct pretentious is not the experience we want to create. I do not have a “Paul” on my staff but I very much want to improve any behavior that would give you such a negative experience. Only through guest feedback may we correct the issues that arise. Thank you again for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community and we hope on your next visit to Century City you will give us another chance so we can show you how warm and unpretenious we really are. Warm Regards, Sharon Bateman, General Manager
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Let me first start off by saying I am incredibly picky with my hotels. So that being said, here we go:

Check In/Front Desk: First, locating the hotel is difficult. There are no signs. It is right by a huge sign for the Courtyard by Marriot. So when you see that sign, you know you are in the right place. There is a $15 valet service. The valet guy was incredibly nice and I felt very secure with leaving my vehicle over night there. The front desk person, Troy, seemed very cold at first. He did not welcome me as a priority club member and I did not receive a gift at check in, which at other Holiday Inn Expresses seemed to be the norm. I later inquired about a fitness center and he offered a pass to a gym which was incredibly convenient! He was very helpful and cheery after my initial check in, which was good. There was also another person at the front desk when I checked in. I didn't get a name, but she was incredibly personable and even struck up a little conversation with me, which was welcoming and seemed like natural conversation, where as with other hotel front desk staff, it seems that they ask questions because they have to.

The Room: There was a lot of noise from W. Olympic Blvd. in my room. Also I could hear every step being taken in the hallway outside and in the room above mine. I can generally sleep through the noise, but this was a little excessive. The room was clean, except the bath tub looks like it needs a good bleaching. Also, there was a small stain on one of my bed's comforters. One thing about the "Two Queen Non-Smoking" beds is that they are small. I sleep on a Queen bed at home, and these were definitely smaller, almost the size of a double bed. The beds are very very comfortable and the room was incredibly spacious. There was a microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, iron and ironing board, small desk and chair.

Location: Like I said, incredibly difficult to find. It is in a good area though. There is a grocery store nearby and a great mall with plenty of fine dining opportunities with in walking distance (about 5 blocks)

Overall: I liked this hotel's staff and the room wasn't bad. If you decide to stay here, try and get a room away from Olympic Blvd!

Room Tip: Get a room away from Olympic Blvd if available...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed there for one night. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite. Well, this room was amazing. It is a gallery room with a real spacious 'living room', and a bedroom upstairs.
They also left a few complimentary soft drinks and snacks in the kitchenette, which also has a fridge and microwave.
The room was spotless clean, with a large plasma screen in the 'living room' and a smaller TV in the bedroom.
There is free wifi and breakfast included. You also have an Internet computer and printer at the lobby - very convenient for printing my boarding passes. You can also get complimentary gym passes if you wish.
the only down side is that there is some noise coming from the nearby road. Not something to prevent me from sleeping or anything.
In conclusion, excellent value for money - this room is worth at least twice what I paid. Way better that your average Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for the gallery suites.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Century City? Share your experiences!