“Functional, basic, and broken” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Hollywood

You added Quality Inn Hollywood to your Saves list
Quality Inn Hollywood
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1520 North La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #148 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“Functional, basic, and broken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

You can stay here for a few nights and it won't kill you. First, what is good. The accommodation is cheap for LA and the proximity to Graumans and the Hollywood Walk of Fame is great. there is a cold buffet for breakfast of cereals and the like, more variety than I expected. There is secure parking for your car. The rooms are clean. On the negative side, the whole place is tired and mostly broken. This is America as a third world country. Things don't work, and obviously haven't worked for so long the staff have got tired of making excuses. The Internet didn't work. The message light on my phone was continually lit (the manager offered to put something over it so the flashing light wouldn't bother us). Everyone was pleasant, but defeated by the place. It is functional, basic, and broken. Think of the place as material for your next book.

Room Tip: Even the ground floor rooms require getting your suitcases up some steps. The earlier you check in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Troy, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked a reservation through hotels.com under my boyfriend's account and paid it with my credit card. When we got there the front desk told us that they can only use the credit card of the person who is the reservation under so my boyfriend paid with his credit card and according to the manager at front desk my card was only used for reservation and I am not going to be charged. Then he told us that our room is not ready but we can leave our laugage and come back later. When we got back the manager was gone and our language was in our room. We get to the room and I notice a bug on the desk and then few more in the bathroom then I notice the bed sheets were never change and the coffee maker was dirty. I was over it and went back to the front desk. The guy who was working just pretended he doesn't fully understand English at first and saying that he can't provide room service because the housekeeper was already gone. We didn't wanted stay any longer because he did NOT offer to clean the room or give us a different room or do something. As soon as I told we're going to check out this guy become fluent in English and starting talking about their refund policies. 2 minutes later he's saying the F word and being really rude and unprofessional. We just walked out and found out later that my boyfriend and i were BOTH charged for the same dirty room with bugs. $400 for a room that we never stayed more than 10 minutes max The manager never called us like he was suppose to and we had to dispute both charges. I would never stay at this hotel not only because of their unclean rooms but also because of their horrible customer service they provide. I travel often for work and vacation and I must say this was the worst customer service experience of my life. If you like a clean room that doesn't smell and like a friendly professional service then this hotel is definitely not something you will be intered in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Erbil, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As is said, it is just like McDonald's you always know what will u get, if you have been to other inn hotel, this is quite the same, however the location in this case is great, 2 mins walk from the walk of fame, restaurants, night clubs, plenty of tattoo places around. i liked it in general - good breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was more like a motel than a hotel , only 2 storeys but no lift get your cases upstairs. However as other travellers have said it was convenient for Hollywood Boulevard and only 1 stop from Universal Studios on the subway.
The breakfast was typicla American fayre with make your own waffles, toast, yoghurts and cereals.The room we had was arge with a comfortable bed. We had a coffee maker and a microwave. There were plenty of food outlets close by.
As a budget hotel we thought it good value for monet

Room Tip: Only 2 storeys so not really a choice. We faced towards the road and inward pool facing rooms may be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights , was cheaper than a lot of other hotels but location superb, 5 minute walk to Hollywood walk. Shops over the road and burger king close as well. Staff were very helpful and polite throughout 5 stars to them, the hotel though is so dated, clean enough but very basic. We only stayed in room to sleep so was perfect really. Breakfast was nice and waffles very nice and the hard working lady always on hand. I would stay here again if I'm ever back in la

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
S Weber
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We checked in, put our suitcases down and headed up to Hollywood Blvd. We came back a couple hours later and my friend looked in the parking garage and stated "somebody flooded their room." They were cleaning out the garage with huge vacuums. We walked through the lobby to our room and the desk clerk stopped us. He told us his "security guard" - trying to be funny-referring to his bell hop- would help us move our stuff to a new room, as our room, as well as one other person's, flooded when a pipe burst. We were astonished at the mess. Our dripping wet, dry clean only, clothes were left alone, hung all over the outside railing, for anyone to take. They handed us our dripping wet suitcases. We took pictures of it all, went to our new room, put our wet stuff down, and went to talk to the clerk for compensation, of course they would have insurance, they didn't. He offered to take twenty dollars off of the price of our new room. He then, ten dollars at a time, brought our room price down fourty dollars. This is not a lot of money off, when you are in Hollywood. We thought it would be fair, at minimum, for them to comp our room. He told us to "take it or leave." There were premiers and there was no where to go at 1:00 A.M. We called the toll free Quality Inn number, they told us to stay the night, pay and call after we checked out. We did. We waited a long time to get through to customer service. The customer service representative explained each Quality Inn is independently owned and she would call the owner, why I held, and see if he would refund our money, to avoid a formal complaint. We were not even asking for compensation for our clothing or suitcases. She came back and said he chose not to do anything further. She said he now had to contact us within 72 hours to resolve, since we were filing a formal complaint. I asked what would happen if he didn't and she said he would have a formal complaint mark. Which upon further questioning, I found is only internal, no customer's have access to this knowledge, so it didn't really hurt the owner. (Of course, he didn't call.) She told me to check triple A ratings before I stayed places in the future. This Quality Inn is in Hollywood, which is a busy place, so evidentally, by looking at all of the other reviews on this site, neither this personal hotel owner, nor Quality Inn care about the customer.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. But if you must stay here, stay away from the noisy road, which is where they...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. On arrival our room was still being cleaned...apparently this is what they call it! We waited patiently outside but when we got in all we wanted to do was have a nap. We pulled back the sheets to find them stained & creased as if the bed had been made but not actually changed. The same went for the pillow cases that had sweat stains on them & were most definitely NOT fresh. We let the man at the desk know & sent a house keeper to change them. We came back in to find that the pillow cases had still not been changed. I removed them myself only to findunder them the most disgustingly stained pillows. I gave the cases to my husband & he personally took them to the desk & showed the stains. About 15mins later they brought us folded landed cases... Next the toilet wasnt flushing right from the beginning. After it was used 2 or 3 times it was blocked. I let the man at the desk know (a different man) & he asked me if it would fix with a plunger. I said probably but I'm not doing it! Then... He proceeded to change our room. This room was cleaned. You could tell they had fresh sheets as they still had the folds but the pillow cases were still as earlier. This is just lazy, stingy & gross. We just swapped them with the ones from the previous room to avoid the same scenarion. The breakfast in ordinary but at least it's something or the price. The location is excellent. We are coming back to Hollywood again & are looking for something different. We can handle rude staff & an ordinary breakfast but lack of standard hotel hygiene is not on

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Hollywood? Share your experiences!