“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brisbane, Australia
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights recently at the hotel. No complaints at all. Very close to all Hollywood has to offer and quiet as well. Staff were excellent! Helpful, courteous and friendly all the time.
Highly recommend a stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My best friend and I checked in today (12/7/12) hoping this hotel would have the fun, vintage vibe the website described as the perfect place to stay while we celebrated our joint birthday. Instead we arrived to an old, dilapidated building with antiquated everything. Upon checking in we were greeted by a combative and rude Indian man, who I assume was the hotel manager, wanting to know why we were trying to check in at 11am instead of 3pm. I explained to him that one of his staffers gave us permission to check in early over the phone and he got a little aggressive. In addition to his massive attitude problem, he tried charging me the wrong amount for our room (we booked with a military discount and I had to argue to maintain that rate), he insisted I pay for a 3rd person staying the night (my sister visiting from local AMDA), and charged me right away for the rooms (I am pretty sure they are supposed to take your money when you check out). As you can imagine I walked away disgusted by the customer service and held on to my hope that the room would be worth it ... Boy, was I disappointed to walk into this place. The floors, walls and chairs are stained and covered in God knows what; the furniture is run down and chipped; and the walls are so thin you can hear the maid vacuuming rooms down the hall and shaking open new trash bags. If that isn't bad enough, you can hear the people directly below you talking and moving around. Oh, and don't even get me started on the noise from the traffic outside! I am so repulsed I had to get on the site immediately to stop others from making the same mistake I did! This hotel is not worth the money even if the location is close to the tourist attractions. The only thing nice I can say at this point is "thank you" to the little front desk woman for letting us check in early. Other than that, the service, cleanliness, and overall value will leave you wishing you had just booked with a motel 6.

• Stayed December 2012
IjazKhanHCH, Manager at Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I'm Ijaz Khan, General Manager of the Hollywood Celebrity Hotel. I'm sorry if you felt I was being rude to you when you arrived at our hotel. I didn't think I came across that way, but if I did, I sincerely apologize. Regarding your complaints with the extra person charge and military rate, we did provide you the discounted military rate and we never charged you for 3-person occupancy, only 2 as your requested. Also, because you paid in cash, we do ask for payment upfront. It's just our policy for cash-paying guests, sorry if that was an inconvenience. We're also sorry that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations, we do our best to maintain our rooms and keep them as clean and neat as possible for our guests. We do thank you for staying with us and we wish you a very Happy Holiday season.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here whilst on a weekend in LA. Arriving late we were shown to our room ( huge with super king size bed, dressing area, bathroom and dining area) it was also nice and clean.

Breakfast is self serve and you take it to eat in your room and there is free tea and coffee available 24/7

The front desk staff were very helpful, booking us a taxi and helping us navigate our way around the city.

Location was amazing, the Dolby (formally Kodak) theatre backs on to the road of the hotel, Hollywood walk of fame and Grumans Chinese Theartre are all within a couple of minutes walk, the sightseeing bus stop is also a 2 min walk form here wou can get to Rodeo drive, Beverley Hills and Santa Monica beach!

All in all a fabulous hotel of a weekend of sightseeing in LA - comes highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Union City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place just warm my heart , from staff to the hotel decoration. It;s not luxury, but make you feels like home. everything is very clean. I left my ipod in the room, and I called. They send my Ipod though the mail right a way. Very nice service!!!!And the hotel just right behind the hollywood highland center, that just as close as you can get!!!

Room Tip: They are the only one has two individual rooms for a king suite, and the price is very good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in late November. We were very pleased with how clean the rooms were. The staff went our of their way to help. The location was great. In short walking distance to attractions, transportation and food. Thanks for a very pleasent stay while in Hollywood.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for a couple of days. It's only one minute walk from Walk of fame and dolby teather. We bought tickets for universal Studios at the reception: they've been very nice. If I will come back to LA, I will reserve The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in the hotel beginning of november. It has a very good location. It is very close to Hollywood boulveard. Just a few steps to Dolby Theater and city sightseeing tour bus stop.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Free WIFI , HBO and parking are another benefits of this hotel.
Continental breakfast.