“Impeccable Service; Wonderful Ambience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

You added Magic Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Magic Castle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7025 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #1 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toowoomba, Australia
“Impeccable Service; Wonderful Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I must recommend this hotel to you, utterly and unreservedly. There is an intimate snugness at work here, an atmosphere of tangible serenity from which one can ponder, poolside, the madness of Hollywood BLVD just a short stroll down the hill. The main employees of the Magic Castle were unfailingly personable and friendly, while the staff attending to the rooms each day were professional and discrete. The manager, furthermore, went out of her way to make sure the guests were warmly welcomed and sufficiently briefed as to the main features of the hotel. The room my sons and I shared was spacious, well appointed, and flooded with natural light; and I'm not sure whether to say that the TVs were bed-sized or the other way around - either way I'm sure you get the idea. In short, this is a hotel to which you'll look forward to returning, following a hard day's sightseeing. If you tell me you're going to LA, I'll tell you to give this lovely, lovely location a go. I could not fault it. I'm sure your experience will be the same. (Clayton Lachmund, Toowoomba, Australia)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Greek first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Five minutes walk to Hollywood's walk of fame, supermarket and shopping centre. I would say this hotel used to be apartments probably in the 50s - 60s, so all the rooms are a decent size. Not sure what other options are available but we stayed in a two bedroom, one bathroom, lounge, kitchen/diner. All the mod cons were there including three wide screen TVs. one in each bedroom and another in the lounge. Everything was very clean and the beds were like home not your usual stock standard rock hard hotel bed. Staff are very welcoming and happily inform you that there's a range of snacks and non alcoholic drinks available at any time FREE and it's true you just have to ask!!! When staff found out we were going on to San Francisco we were given a print out of things to do etc. and thank you very much we did go to several of the recommended places. Out of all the hotels we went to on our trip this might not have been the grandest but I can honestly say due to it's staff and comfort it was the best.

Room Tip: Be careful about where you are if on the ground floor as some of them front directly on to where bre...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wow is really the first world you think of when being at the magic castle hotel! The really do to above and beyond! Every need you have they will do their very best to cater for! N they even had veggie-mite!!!!! The apartment was massive.. Huge TVS, beautifully furnished! So clean and helpful and very friendly! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I can't wait to come back! It certainly deserves it's #1 rating on trip advisor!

• Stayed June 2014
Jasper, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The lodging at Magic Castle is charming, clean, spacious and comfortable. It is actually apartment sized and has two televisions, a living area, a dining area and a kitchen. Although we did not use the kitchen if I return with a larger number of family we certainly would make use of it. The atmosphere of the room was mid-century and I imagined what interesting people might have actually lived there in earlier years.

The room assignment we had did not have a tub and only a shower. The bath was small but met our needs.

But the best thing about Magic Castle is the service. Upon arrival a sparkling drink and assurances of availability of front desk service 24 hours a day. Our grandson loved the extensive snack list which was free. We actually had to monitor him a bit or he would have had sodas all day with accompanying chips and candy. I have to admit that I enjoyed the snacks myself.

Having traveled several days before arriving we did have dirty laundry. I was offered free laundry service but declined due to the amount to be done. A laundry was on site therefore I did my own with their detergent. The following day I took advantage of the free service. It arrived timely the next day wrapped in brown paper with a lavender sprig attached. Now I was impressed.

Since I am a Senior reviewer I received two Trip Advisor pins to distribute to reward someone for exceptional service. Mallory was awarded one of these pins. She was available and always attentive to our requests and needs. Thanks to this Tennessee girl.

Kevin was also very good and service oriented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
South Molton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff here are absolutely amazing - so friendly and helpful and they do everything they can to make your stay fabulous. We loved the free snacks and free laundry (how amazing is that?!) and the location is brilliant for Hollywood but also felt really safe. It was our honeymoon and so kind that they left us out a celebration cake and bottle of wine. Breakfast by the pool was generally pretty good. We only paid for the cheapest room and it was a little small (but the website does make this clear) and we struggled a bit with choosing between noisy air conditioning or a hot room at night! But overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: In retrospect I would pay the extra for a bigger room (we paid for the cheapest room and it was smal...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eastbirk, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

You realy understand why this hotel is nr 1 in LA as soon as you enter the door. This is a hotel where the staff realy understands the mening of good service.
Its not the newest hotel, but that just does not matter, cause you feel at home right away. Nothing is to much trouble for the staff. And they make sure you know it.
Great breakfast served at the pool and free snack bar(the kids loved it).
Everything you need, good space with a sofabed, small kitchen and big bedroom. Nice touch with turndown service and a little note on the bed with next days weathercast.
Perfect location, just 5 min walk from Hollywood boulevard and a 10 min drive from Universal studio.
We enjoyed every moment, and would anyday recoment this to friends and family.

Room Tip: would ask for poolside room with balcony
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here while on vacation in LA. The staff is spectacular and made the whole experience. From the minute you arrive they make you feel like royalty and take care of everything. Nick at the front desk greeted us with sparkling lemonade. He was great with the kids and so accommodating. There are unlimited free snacks and movies (what more could a kid want). They do your laundry for free and deliver it all packaged up (what more could a mom want). The pool is the perfect temperature and the kids loved swimming in it. The location is great for all the touristy stuff (walk of fame, etc). We had brunch at the Magic Castle and got to see some amazing magicians perform. It is expensive but worth if for the magic shows. I highly recommend this hotel and think Nick and the rest of the staff deserve a raise!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Magic Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!