“Incredible value for money, excellent location & great welcoming service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

You added Magic Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Magic Castle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7025 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #1 of 342 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mackay, Australia
“Incredible value for money, excellent location & great welcoming service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The little things made a big difference. Complimentary breakfast, complimentary pool towels & a genuine personal welcome. Staff were helpful & energetic, location is central to most LA tourist spots & only a short walk to the train station. As a solo female tourist I felt welcome & secure. A close by Japanese restaurant was recommended & I was wary as i was informed it was also owned by the proprietors of the hotel - it was however first class Japanese cuisine - cost effective too.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Vivienne G

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It is really the number 1 hotel for family in Los Angeles. I was never expecting such kind of luxury to be founded here. But when i stayed here with my family here, i realized its worth. Really it is a gem in hotel chains. The hotel is a bit costly but as compared to the facilities provided by it to its customers, the cost is satisfactory. The staff is awesome, the hotel is awesomely decorated and you cannot stop staring at the beautiful pictures and show pieces it is decorated with. Pool here was really fabulous. No other pool can be like this one in the whole Los Angeles. The staff is very much courteous, they make you welcome very warmly when you check in and see off you with courtesy when you check out of the hotel. Their service is also very good. The room where we stayed was large and spacious. It had a beautiful view of outside and we enjoyed every moment of our stay at the hotel. Interestingly it is just two blocks away from Hollywood boulevard. If you do not have a car you can walk through some distance and can reach the Chinese, Walk of fame and substation. The breakfast which we were provided with was yummy and tempting. Free wifi, free snacks and other fabulous facilities make it distinct from the other hotels of Los Angeles and that is why it has been always loved by me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Zarmeen S
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've stayed at the Magic Castle from 1-7March (6nights). We had a great time; from check in to check out! Big apartments. Only complaint, if I may, would be the size of the bathroom, compared to the rest of the unit. Everything is not brand new, but it is sufficient and well maintained. My husband went for coffee in the the mornings at the breakfast area and he was well impressed with what was served. I made us breakfast. A frying pan was not provided, but we received one after requesting it. The only thing I missed in the kitchen was a toaster. But I know that if I had asked for it, I would have received one. I used the oven instead. I bought some wash cloths for the kitchen, may be it can be provided in the units.
It is walking distance to everything you need and wants to see in LA! From a groceries store to the Starline bus for tours.
The only thing I should have asked about was the gym. My son wanted to gym and we didn't know that the facility around the corner was for free.
There is a free shuttle service to a nearby restaurant. The food was good and the LA view even better.
The cherry on top service was when I asked them how the laundromat works. Their answer was that I could do it by myself or they can do it for me, for FREE! Big was my surprise when I received the clothing washed and ironed! So so impressed. Thank you. If we ever visit LA again I will most certain book my accommodation with Magic Castle.

Room Tip: one with a balcony is very nice and sunny
1 Thank Liebenberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Our family, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, cannot believe our luck in finding this gem! The folks here are incredibly nice and accommodating! We were greeted with a sparkling lemonade toast upon our arrival, and balloons and 2 gourmet birthday cakes awaiting us when we entered our spacious and well appointed suite! (I had mentioned in our reservation notes that we were celebrating my son's and husband's birthdays this week). All of the little "extras"--the complimentary snacks and sodas, the yummy breakfas

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank ABQlisa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a real gem. We've never been made to feel so welcome at a hotel or inn anywhere. We had a 2 bedroom suite in the "annex" which had all new furnishings, was bright and cheerful. Flat screen TVs in all rooms, a large kitchen stocked with coffee. Could get complimentary snacks any time from the front desk, along with a selection of DVDs to borrow. Bedrooms were large with plenty of storage, though bath was pretty small and dated. Having room to spread out with four of us, and the hospitality and amazing service would be enough, but add in the location and it just can't be beat. Only complaint was the abysmally slow and often unavailable wi-fi connection.They don't have a fitness center but you can use nearby LA Fitness free; they don't have a business center but they will print, scan, fax, etc. for you.

Room Tip: They have just one 2 bedroom suite that has 2 twins in one bedroom and a king in the other. All the...
3 Thank Peggy B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff is awesome...its kind of pricey but worth it!!.. decor is great... won't regret it..they have 24 hot snacks for free... also got some awesome lemonade...location is great just a few block storm Hollywood blvd..rooms are large and quiet.. can't recommend more.. excellent service

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank misslucky123
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Been there with wife and kids, nice cozy hotel, not newest but acceptable. Pool is definitely a plus.
If visiting Holliwood, this location can not be beaten, less than 5 min walk from the Dolby place. Breakfats is ok, wi-fi is poor if too far from the reception.
The sofa bed in the living room was "devastated" could not sleep there.

• 3 of 5 stars