“Good not great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills

You added SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills to your Saves list
SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   465 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills, California
“Good not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Popped in for a quick drink since we were having dinner close by. It was so packed you couldnt even think about finding a seat. We waited almost 10 minutes to order a drink. All of them were good but way to over priced. In my opinion the only one which was worth the price was the gin & tonic. Even if you don't like Gin you will probably enjoy it.

Might go again if close by but wouldn't drive across town for it.

You should walk around though as the interior was pretty cool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for visiting the property. I'm pleased you enjoyed the Ultimate Gin & Tonic, it is one of our classics! We do hope you will consider a second visit to the property, perhaps for a stay or for dinner, so we can show you how magical SLS truly is.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I just had the loveliest stay at the SLS. It screams style and is just so sexy! I'll admit that it would definitely not be to everyone's taste but it suited us perfectly. All the design and detail - the styling of the lobby, the feel of the guestrooms is fantastic. The SLS branding should be applauded as it is carried out so well.

We were upgraded to a terrace room upon check in which was great. The room itself is just lovely. The thought that has gone into the design really makes you appreciate your surroundings. The bathroom products are boutique and high quality, there are also Eve Lom spa products for purchase in the bathroom in case you feel tempted (which I was, I recommend the Rescue Mask). The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were divine.

The restaurants are both fantastic. Tres for your more casual dining and The Bazaar for something a little more fancy. We had the pleasure of eating at Saam, their private dining, a couple of years ago and I can't recommend this experience highly enough. Just amazing.

The service was extremely friendly, maybe to the point of being slightly fake but I would honestly prefer that than bad or rude service. It's not a criticism, just my opinion.

Overall, an unforgettable experience. I would most definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere that has style and is just plain cool.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are great if you want an outdoor area to hang out.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love the SLS Beverly Hills. Mr. Gold and his team could not have done more for my husband and I. Every time I stay at the SLS it gets better and better. The staff are amazing and always go out of their way to accommodate my needs. I will certainly be returning. I highly recommend it.
Karen Ager

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

James and Mike were the most helpful and considerate people. I would recommend them to become managers. They helped us when we most needed them and had no judgment on their part. They helped us bring up our luggage at 4 in the morning even when we were drunk. They had the most kind words and were not rude even thought we were behaving in the most rude manner.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent SLS experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm not sure where the SLS brand is trying to position itself in relation to other Starwood group members - but it feels like the grown-up version of a W when you step inside. Certainly it's in that price category per night.

The moment you walk in, the feel of the place is obvious: antiuqued furniture and quirky horse-lamps set the tone, and this follows throughout the hotel. The rooms are large for an LA property, and the amenities and decor are well thought through as well as high quality. (Loved the sliding walls for the bathroom, though I'm sure they won't be to everyone's taste!).

Poolside, there's a cool bar on the roof with a great sun-trap all the way around the water. You can't quite forget you're in LA as you look across at other buildings and air conditioning units (not forgetting the cars down below) but they do a good job of disguising a lot of it.

Overall, I'd recommend this place and would certainly stay here again. Location wasn't *quite* perfect, but I guess in LA - you have to drive to most places anyway, so it's not really that much of an issue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience. Next time you visit, please don't forget to ask our Concierge about our complimentary house car that is available on a first come first serve basis, but something you may enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

For the price i paid $369 a night i thought i would stay in a top hotel in beverly hills, the rooms are not quite taken care of, the towels in the room are very small and old, thy should change for new ones, no pillow selection, the housekeeping was awful, they always left garbage in the room, take too long to bring an extra towel, the restaurant is very nice but the rest of the hotel looks kind of old, the carpet in the hall had stains, and many of the halls smelled like marihuana, generally too much money for such poor benefits i rather next time stay at other hotel for that price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator because it's very confusing to get there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills; however, I'm so sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience. We greatly appreciate the time you have spent to leave your feedback as we take this very seriously. I'd ask that you email us at SLS.BeverlyHills@luxurycollection.com so that we can further speak about the details of your stay as to ensure these issues are handled appropriately. I do hope you will consider a second visit to the property so we can show you how magical SLS truly is. Thank you so much for your feedback.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is the most aesthetically depressing hotel I have ever been to. We travel 75 days a year with Starwood properties across the nation and this one proved to be drastically disappointing. No heavenly beds, couches in room made of hard leather that sit at a 45 degree angle, nothing felt luxurious and we were upgraded. It's a dark hotel with a bad vibe. The haunted house at Disneyland is more inviting.

Room Tip: If you want something that feels dark and dirty this is your joint
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills; however I'm so sorry to learn of the unfortunate experience you had during your recent visit. I can assure you our guests satisfaction is of top priority, and I'm sorry that we have fallen short of your expectations. If you would be so kind as to email us at SLS.BeverlyHills@luxurycollection.com so that we can speak further about the experience you had, we would greatly appreciate your time. We do hope you will consider a second visit to the property so we can show you how magical SLS truly is.

Been to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!