“Great hotel, but lighting in the rooms... a problem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills

You added SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills to your Saves list
SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   465 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #47 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York
“Great hotel, but lighting in the rooms... a problem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just stayed at the SLS. Loved ALMOST everything about the hotel. Location great, staff great, pool great, gym great, but the rooms could use a little help. The lighting is extremely poor. For women who wear makeup it's a problem. I resorted to propping a hand mirror on my lap top near the window to try and get additional light and that didn't even work. Also, our room had a bath tub that was made into a shower which was a bit awkward. Besides those 2 things all was great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for the recent review. I'm pleased to inform you that we are nearly complete with our lighting project for all 297 rooms which will significantly amplify the lighting in the rooms and bathrooms. We do look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

From the moment I entered the grounds it was a delight to the senses. I was greeted by a friendly hotel staff I proceded to be escorted to the elevator area where they sent me up to the 2 floor to the spa. As I passed the beautiful well equipped fitness area I opened the door to the heavenly all white spa. A smiling receptionist named Hannah who was so sweet and kind welcomed me with a delighful beverage that was fabulous.Then Gia gave me a super warm welcome to CIEL.Their service was genuine, caring and made my first visit to this spa an experiece I will never forget! There was a warm welcome note in my beautiful appointed locker changing area. I was greeted by my esthetician Sabastian who was so knowledgable. He gave the best facial I have ever ever had. I will def come back to Ciel and to Sabastian for wonderful skincare. treatments.Thanks Ciel for the wonderful way I spent my birthday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is in West Hollywood, not Beverly Hills but it's a good hotel nonetheless. The restauraunt (Bazaar) has an imaginative menu and a trendy bar scene. Rooms are well decorated, but lack natural light owing to the building's lack of windows. Room service, breakfast, valet, and concierge are all excellent. Lobby is stylish Stark, but dark. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Please note, we have just completed our new lighting project for all 297 rooms which will significantly amplify the lighting in all of our rooms and bathrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!!!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I decided to get away our busy schedule and check in to a hotel and splurge this memorial weekend. We looked at other hotels such as the four seasons in Santa Barbara and the Ritz Carlton in LA across staples center at LA Live. Dollar for Dollar, you can't beat what SLS was offering. Their Escape packaged which is good until tomorrow starts at $389/night and you get breakfast for 2 at Tres and 2 60 minute relaxation full body massage at Ciel Spa. The massages were pretty much the deciding factor on why we picked the SLS.

We checked in around 4ish on Sunday. Raahim assisted us and we got a complementary 1 room upgrade which had free wifi and was even apologetic that he couldn't get us a complimentary suite upgrade which was all booked. I was just thankful that we did get an upgrade. He also assisted us in rebooking our dinner at the Bazaar from 6pm to 8:45-9pm which was unavailable on OpenTable.

Room was clean, very cozy yet modern. We were located on the 2nd floor which needed better sound deadening material, you can easily hear all the sirens from the emergency vehicles passing by. The only downside from this room, when we were about to leave and was checking every inch of the room to make sure we didn't leave anything. We pulled off the blankets on the bed and noticed 2 seperate blood stains on the sheets. Not cool at all and im sure it's not from any of us. We're nurses and we would know if it came from us. We didn't bother letting the front desk/housekeeping know as we were leaving but after I type this, I'll send them an email informing them.

Spa, due to the memorial weekend, Sunday was pretty much booked and our appointment was at 1:15pm on our checkout date. We requested for a late checkout and were granted a 2:30pm checkout which was nice. The massage was amazing! Very very good! The massage table was automated and heated..first time i've ever had that. Ambiance was very relaxaing, my therapist provided good pressure and knew how to loosen the tight muscles on my back. I think i snored a few times lol.

Breakfast was very straight forward at Tres, Freshly baked pastries, good selections of charcuteries (Jamon serrano, chorizo, and salami), fresh squeeze juices, fresh agua fresca, etc. Best part, it's included in the room package.

We felt refreshed and recharged. We would definitely book again next time we plan something. Hopefully we can get a suite next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm terribly sorry about the unfortunate cleanliness experience in your room, and have personally addressed this with our housekeeping department to ensure this is properly handled and looked into, as this is unacceptable. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed our ESCAPE package - good news, we have extended the package for the duration of the summer, so we hope to welcome you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the SLS for a conference that I was running there and then for a short break afterwards. I stayed for 10 nights and had an amazing time. I dealt with all levels of staff from porters, servers through to Tomas in management and I do not have a bad word to say about any of them. Very pleasant, extremely helpful and will do anything to put you first.

Business wise - the conference facilities and staff were phenomenal. We used the Garden Room which has an outside space that can be used for breakouts or lunches etc. Gorgeous and a very different area from usual mundane conference rooms.
Teena and Kristi from Sales and Events are simply the best at what they do, Kyle and Simone from AV were supremely knowledgeable and helpful, Robert and Stuart from Banqueting could not do enough to help me ensure that the conference was exactly to my liking. These guys know their stuff and want you to have the best outcome no matter how small or large your budget is. It really is a team effort.
Hotel - Dark, moody, sexy, huge. The interior is stunning from the nightclub feel 24/7, attention to design detail (for example check out the lamp stands in reception) through to the pool area. The pool is more for people watching/relaxing rather than actual swimming, so don't expect to be able to train for the Olympics up there. Pack your best wardrobe even if you are going for a breakfast at the hotel - it is trendy and full of beautiful people!
The Bazaar Restaurant onsite is a sight to behold from the bar, to the tapas area, to the small bazaar that you can buy from after dinner! Be warned - after a few cocktails, you may wander over and spend lots of money! It's pricey, but its the SLS in BH and also one of the best restaurants in the country, so what do you expect.....??!?!
Wyatt and Crystal on reception were welcoming and so accommodating. We had a small billing query and this was sorted straight away without any questioning. True quality service.
Fredo, Landon and Heather were the Concierges that I dealt with and if there is anything that you want - these guys will get it for you. Very kind and helpful - again, you feel valued and special.
Rooms - Spacious, clean, super trendy but I do agree with one thing; they are a little dark for make-up application. Coco the Clown is not a good look :-).
Spa - This place makes you feel like an A-Lister. Personalised lockers with individual messages for clientele is just one of the touches that await you. Quick mention to Stephanie for the best massage I've ever had!
Location - Close to shopping at the Beverly Centre and a short taxi ride from Rodeo. About 30 mins from tourist sites so rent a car if you plan to stay there and venture out. On a busy road, so be careful after a night out when crossing it.

In a nutshell, this may appear to be an advert for the SLS but it's not. I spent lots of time there so can give an honest and rounded opinion of it. I would 100% return and recommend it for business and pleasure. It's trendy, sexy and I appreciate that it won't suit everyone but if you fancy an indulgent, unusual and special experience, try it - you will like it :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the glowing review! It was such a pleasure to welcome you to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just stayed at the SLS last weekend. Peninsula Chicago was my favorite US hotel... until staying there. It's a combination of a W on steroids meets the service of The Four Seasons and the hipness of The Cosmopolitan.

Make sure to check out the pool on the weekends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for the glowing review! We look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!!
vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

After reading all the rave reviews I was so excited to book into the SLS for my regular LA trip. I usually stay in Santa Monica but wanted a change. The hotel is fun and funky with its decor. Very modern, poorly lit, the interior is brought outside with fun furniture. But that was about it. Check in was a nightmare as there was only one person on the desk, so the wait was long. The clerk failed to tell us about the restuarants, the gym, the pool area, my internet access (which was suppose to be free) seemed like they didnt care. I only found out on our last day there was even a gym b/c I overheard them telling other guests. We finally checked in, went to our room, again dark, horrid view of trash bins and a motel next door but all that aside it is spacious. The beds were on the bed frame directly with no box spring. This not only makes them low to the ground but highly uncomfortable. When beds get the wear that hotel beds do, they need a box spring! The room on closer inspection was DIRTY, the breakfast menu had things (that i only hope was traces of food) stuck to it. The phone had some mystery substance stuck to it as well. Found a cotton ball by one of the beds. The television did not work. We called down a team of two came and dismantled the tv that is behind a glass wall, right in front of us in order to reset it. Then the phone did not work. You would think they would have offered to switch our room so they could fix those problems alone. When I noticed the traces of crap everywhere I asked they switch our room which they were very receptive too. Second room was same size, higher floor, pool level, but same formation as the last which was fine. The beds did make my back sore! The hotel restuarant has good food, and service was great. The only aspect I would not change. The other restaurant that is the talk of the town...well we were not told about so gave it a miss. The concierge is always busy. So be prepared to stand in front of them for a while, as they speak to others on the phone. I was getting ready to go back to my room to call them for a car rental rather than standing there. They also had no good suggestions. My first time in Bev Hills and they told me about a street a few blocks up for nice cafes. It was busy with traffic (highway busy) and not the best of Bev Hills by any means. Thank god I had internet access.
The one day we wanted to go to the pool area we were greeted by a chain smoker at the door in her pajamas. CLASSY! So, we turned around and left before we even got to see this "stunning pool". When I asked the front desk whether the whole hotel was "smoke free" they assured me it was. I told them they should check the pool area then. There were plenty of staff standing around not addressing this violation of the smoker in the pool area....and there was no one else for them to serve.
Our second room did have one issue...at night there was a loud party in teh common area on our floor. Each floor has a common area with a pool table....this area has great accoustics so sounds travels nicely to all the rooms! Great idea!
Once it came to check out.....well, we got our bill well ahead. Upon reviewing it I realised there were some major discrepencies. A call to the same phone number for 2 minutes versus 20 minutes costs me the same. When I asked the front desk about this they had no idea how their phone billing worked or why this had happened on all of my calls. I told them I was more than willing to pay as I did make the calls but did not understand thier billing....and it seems neither did they! They did end up removing the charges. And there were other charges like the "FREE internet", and other charges on the bill that were not ours....in excess of $300.00 worth of charges were removed. It was barely worth the hassle of repeatedly standing in line on my last morning in LA.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
I'm terribly sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience upon your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I can assure you that we are taking your comments seriously as this is not the way in which we go about our service standards here at SLS. In addition, I do apologize significantly for the billing discrepancies that you experienced. Should you wish to speak about any of the details from your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at SLSBeverlyHills@slshotels.com.

Been to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!