“Great water pressure,minimal breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Studio City Court Yard Hotel

You added Studio City Court Yard Hotel to your Saves list
Studio City Court Yard Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12933 Ventura Boulevard, Coldwater Canyon Studio City, Los Angeles, CA 91604 (Universal City Area)   |
Ranked #181 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mission Viejo, California
“Great water pressure,minimal breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Needing a last minute reservation, I found just about every hotel in the Sherman Oaks area sold out. No idea what was going on to fill up the town but I finally landed on this hotel. I was a little suspicious after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, but there was nothing else available close to where I needed to be. This is obviously an older property. The bathroom still had the old 50"s style green tile. However, the room was clean and had everything I needed. Management was friendly. What I liked best was the great water pressure. I have stayed in many hotels, even 4 star, where the shower head gives a host of choices as to stream, which looks great, but has no pressure, others where the water temperature fluctuates, and others where the stream has good pressure but no coverage. This shower head goes to the top of the list, great pressure, good coverage and no fluctuation in temperature. My breakfast consisted of a waffle. No milk, not even water available, and orange juice from a gallon jug. Otherwise there were bagels and cream cheese, bread or small muffins. Plenty of coffee, but I am not a coffee drinker. Overall, this place was average - not so bad I wouldn't stay again, but not so good that I would specifically look for this place for another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nice, clean motel. very friendly front office. Continental breakfast in the morning. large rooms, very comfortable. We will stay there again .For tourists, this is close to Burbank, Hollywood, Sherman Oaks Ventura blvd , City Walk,Good launching off spot dor sight seeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was raised in this area, I know it very well, and I come back a couple times a year to visit my son's family in Sherman Oaks. I have stayed here probably 10 times over the last 5 years or so and am returning January 2014. I feel safe here when my husband isn't travelling with me. Pros - price, location, large rooms, clean (never seen a cockroach), good housekeeping staff, firm bed, pool, free parking, one block walk to the market, coffee and bagels across the street, and a coffee shop on the corner. Cons - low water pressure, plain decor, desk staff not very welcoming.

There is a fridge and micro in the room and I walk over to the market a block away and buy juice, yogurt, cheese, bread, fruit, lunch meat for breakfast or go across the street for a breakfast bagel sandwich and coffee. There's also a Whole Foods a mile away if you prefer that to a regular chain market.

Saving money is important to me. I check every visit and I cannot do better on location or the price. I'm not in my room a lot, so it doesn't matter much what it looks like. You will have to drive nearly everywhere in LA and this location is very central to most places and it's a short drive from Burbank Airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
the netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

nice clean motel in a quiet neighborhood studio city with lot of nice shops
short drive to Hollywood
They have free parking and free breakfast with hot waffles
Clean rooms and low rates
We definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

One year later and we are back for another month long stay! Its not a 5 star hotel so you have to come here not expecting it to be like one. The thing we like most about this hotel is the size of the rooms. Our hotels are paid for and we could choose anywhere we want but I'll choose size over a small round 5 star box any day. The staff are all friendly and have worked here for years, so over time you get to know them all. Gloria makes the most amazing waffles each morning fresh to order and Carlos is always around if anything is wrong with your room, he'll even teach you some Spanish! I love coming home each day to find our room is clean and bed made and changed. I tried a B&B once and didn't like having to find the time to clean the bathroom and make beds before we left for a busy day.
The breakfast is basic but enough, at home I'd only have toast anyway, so the choice to have a waffle & pastries as well are a treat for me. I would like to see the cereals & fruit bought back though :)
We stay in the rooms on the opposite side to where the pool is, they are much bigger and you get a 2 or 3 seater couch, table and chairs, coffee table and dressing room, so when you're staying for an extended time I actually feel like its home, not just a square box! The pool area is nice and there is a super market (Ralphs) right across the road so you can buy food and cook in the microwave in your room if you don't want to always eat out. Universal Studio's is right up the road and you can drive there in 5 mins or jump on a bus right outside the hotel. If you walk either direction there are some really nice shopping areas and restaurants. The staff will help you choose day trips if you're here for pleasure. We've seen alot of places in this area, and for the size and value for money there is nothing else along this strip!
I've read other reviews and someone mentioned a cockroach, you get them anywhere, I've had one in the 5 star places we've stayed, but have never seen anything like that here, infact last month in Sydneys top hotel we stayed, there was one in the buffet breakfast restaurant!
Another thing I love here are the showers, they have so much power, I love the shower
heads they use. I miss them when we return to Australia and have to time how long we are in there for due to the lack of water. Here you never have to worry about that.
Also the beds, probably the best hotel beds we've ever slept in, this is one area they have outdone themselves in. I always suffer with bad backs but when we leave Australia and stay here I always wake up pain free, after staying here last time we ended up buying a new bed! The beds in the room are king size so another plus. There is also free internet, and easy parking (also free) either uncover or outside. I've read reviews where people have complained but I have never once not found a park, there is a heap of parks that go all the way around the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: We like the rooms too the left when you drive in, not the pool side and the corner rooms are the big...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Way overpriced. Room was not worth the money at all. There was a cockroach about 2 inches long running around in my room right before I went to bed. And another one was spotted in the room as well. I do not recommend at all, unless you love being Overcharged, cockroaches, and bad customer service.

• Stayed August 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved the hot waffle - made for me! Pool was cold. Bathroom had no fan and a shower
difficult to use. Lack of hot water. Location was close to Universal Studios.
Walking distance to Subway and Ralph's. The outside area included palm trees and patio tables
and chairs. This is an apartment complex turned hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Studio City Court Yard Hotel? Share your experiences!