“Great Hotel with great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Universal Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Universal Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Universal Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Los Angeles, CA 91608 (Universal City Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #91 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel with great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A short free shuttle ride takes you to Universal Studies for the park and same agin for Universal City for some excellent safe night life. At the bottom of the hill the Metro takes you one stop to Hollywood Blvd for Chinese theatre etc. Hotel is good class with lovely pool with plenty of sun beds if you have time. Parking was $18 a day but they did throw in free wifi and free continental buffer breakfast was very good. We went with Virgin for these offers .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that the attractions and transportation options were convenient for you and you enjoyed you visit to the fullest. We appreciate you taking the time to write an we certainly hope you travel bring you back again soon.

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice clean room for an old hotel. I did not smell any cigarette smoke which was good since some old hotel sometimes smells old and the cigarette smell. Pillows looked very fluffy but actually collapses as soon as you rest your head on it. You'll need 2 pillows to sleep on. It was a walking distance to Universal Studios or free shuttle to Universal Studios. Starbucks downstairs did not offer hot sandwiches for breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had a pleasant stay. Staff that checked us in was really nice and helpful.

Rooms were clean albeit a little worn in certain places.

There's a shuttle bus that goes from the hotel to Universal Studios. On one of the nights we missed the last return shuttle but we could easily walk back to the hotel.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Indio, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was convenient to all the areas that we were going to see. We started at Universal Studios and easily traveled to Hollywood and Highland. From there to The Grove for a visit to American Girl for lunch with my grand daughter's doll and a live filming of Extra. Our room was spacious and clean. We got breakfast room service. They had forgotten to put it on the request, and our server went to get it immediately at no charge. Very nice service from all and we had fun drinking at the bar with a tv actor that was recording a tv show at Universal studio.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Go elsewhere!!!!! I can't believe this place is a Sheraton. I have stayed at Howard Johnson/Motel 6 hotels that are in better shape. They charge well over $250/night, what rubbish. There was a moldy smell all over the hallways while going to he rooms as well as the rooms themselves. The pool was more like a pond for the surrounding wild life. The front desk staff was rude and horrible. I mean these guys are making horrible faces to express their disdain for the guests. And the tone they use is not only rude but condescending. The only reason one should stay here is because of its location, its right next to Universal Studios and the City Walk. But even then, the location does not make up for all the other flaws.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Universal for 5 days in March and unfortunately the experience was average at best. On the first night I was moved rooms 3 times due to cleanliness issues (and rooms smelling of smoke) to internet connectivity issues. Finally I was provided the following day with an upgraded room which was nice, however the internet issues prevailed and the size of the bathroom was still small.

The hotel is pretty old, regardless of any facelift. The rooms look lived in, stained carpets, torn headboards etc so expect that when you stay there. The staff themselves were pretty good and did the best they could with what they were working with.

I had friends who stayed at the Hilton Universal and I'd stay there over the Sheraton any day. The rooms are larger, bathrooms are larger, seems "slightly" better quality.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Concord, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I got my room from Priceline. We arrived after 10:00 pm and there was quite a few people in line. I think the guest in front of me was having trouble with the temperature in his room so the front desk guy told him he was going to take care of it so he left. Finally it was my turn, the front desk guy was multitasking calling maintenance and trying to check me in. I was trying to ask him some questions but couldn't since he was still on the phone. He finally gave me my keys and I asked him if I have a room with 2 beds but he said they are pretty full and since I booked with Priceline I was booked into a king room. I told him I have 4 people but he said he can't do anything about it. I asked him if there is a pull out couch and he said no. I asked him if I can have 2 roller away beds but he said no because that would be a fire hazard. He said he can only give me one.

We drove into the garage ($18/night) and it was pretty full. Finally found a space near the top. There was a guy sitting in his car next to us. It was kinda creepy. Didn't want to park there but there was no other space.

Finally got to our room. The room was on the small side. Usually the room that has a king has a pull out couch but not this one. We waited awhile before the cot came. It barely fit between the bed and the window.

We finally went into the bathroom to wash up and noticed that they only gave us 2 bath towels and nothing else, no hand towels or face towels. We called again to request more towels (bath, hand and face). It took a long time so we had to called again. Finally they brought bath towels. My husband told him that we needed hand and face towels also so he left to get them. He came back right away the second time.

The next morning we went to Universal. There was a shuttle that started running at 9:00 am but since we wanted to get there before 9:00 am we walked to Universal instead. We took an elevator up the hill and walked across the street to get there. It was a nice walk.

I don't know if I want to stay here again. I think I will try the Hiltin the next time I come back.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!