“Very convenient for visiting Universal Studio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Universal Hotel

You added Sheraton Universal Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Universal Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Los Angeles, CA 91608 (Universal City Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #99 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very convenient for visiting Universal Studio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

It is a great hotel for visiting Universal Studio. 5 minutes shuttle bus to Universal Studio. We stayed there 2 nigths. Staffs were very friendly, and helpfull. Room is clean.

We bought our tickets for Universal Studio at hotel. you pay one tickets for 2-day entries.

Room Tip: Book your ticket for Universal Studio at hotel you can get 1 ticket for 2-day entries.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
St. Catharines, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We just got back from a four day visit to California and we couldn't have picked a better hotel.
The staff was friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Fernando, the conceirge, who helped us with all our questions and booked our tickets for the new, Cirque del Soliel, IRIS.
He even took the time to show us the quick way from the hotel to the subway in order to get to Hollywood and Vine to the Kodak Theatre where the show was being held. It was only $3.00 round trip.
The room at the Sheraton was clean and the beds were VERY comfortable.
And, yes, this is the hotel where ELLEN has her guests stay during her shows.
A very enjoyable stay, but way too short. We will certainly keep this hotel in mind if we ever return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Louise0518-

Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your feedback. Our entire concierge team is fantastic and I'll make sure to share your kind remarks with Fernando. Everyone knows we are close to Universal Studios but many people don't realize how close we are to the Metro/Subway with easy access to Hollywood/Downtown/etc. We proudly state we are the "hotel of the stars" and you never know who you might encounter in the hotel lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

we booked 3 nights online, I have 2 adult children , they gave us a room with 2 dbl beds ;my son the football star had to sleep on floor first night,tiny ,dinky rooms , veiw was of back of hotel### ---that not all---during first night & every night we were there the fire alarm went off announcing ---PLEASE EVACUATE-- yea--after the first night they changed our room & gave us comp breakfast-- well this alarm went off every night we stayed there--- moma here was soooo pissed by chekout , wen I complained at fr. desk ,I said I booked this hotel to get some sleep ----- they told me they could not refund my $ cause I booked online--I said -U dont have to pay the online agency--I got refunded but if my wheel didnt SKWEAKK- I would not have gotten any -- GREASE----have a fab day---

Room Tip: make sure you get wat u r told via phone /online--ask the person u r speaking to name/ # etc.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
S Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Travelled with Virgin, Arrived at the Sheraton and found it be a modern look hotel. On our arrival was given a room that was not ready and as an apology without any hestiation they offered free internet access for the holiday. With a teenage daughter who wanted to keep in touch with friends on social network sites that was very usefull. We were given room 818 which had a lovely view of the hills, The breakfast was buffet but more than enough for what was needed. There didn't seem to be many breakfast diners close by which you find in other parts of the States. Location wise could walk to Universal studios without any hassle. The hotel is located on the side of the freeway with ease to travel towards the Pacific Coast but noise from the traffic which in LA is considerable is not a problem. The Hotel has well equipped gym and light and airy bar. All the staff were friendly and would recommend this hotel to others. Parking on site was $18 a day but that in that part of LA was not extortationate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear streakySwales:

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. I'm sorry that your initial room was not ready but happy to hear that the Front Desk immediately addressed the situation. Our hotel's location is very convenient to Universal Studios w/ easy access to the freeway to visit the many other attractions Southern California has to offer. I always encourage guests to check in with our concierge staff for directions as well as sometimes the freeway may not be the best option.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Phila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

Clean, close to attractions, nice view. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. Universal Studios and Citywalk within walking distance. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear denjolu-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

The good: the staff and the location. The ok: room amenitites and decor. The not so good: this is an old hotel that's been renovated. The rooms are evidence of this. The bathroom was tiny, the light switches barely worked, stuff was just a bit rundown. The restaurant was really expensive ($14 for oatmeal, juice and coffee?!) and $7 a day for Internet.

But, this really is an ideal location for visiting Universal Studios and City Walk.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear BizDevRoadee-

Thank you taking the time to post your feedback. I was happy to hear that you found the staff and location of the hotel to be good. I'm sorry that you found the price for breakfast to be expensive. We try to offer various options for all different budgets and appetites from our full buffet in the restaurant to a yogurt parfait from our Starbucks kiosk. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and his team to see if we can add some more "cost effective" items to the menu. If you could please shoot me a message w/ your room number I'd appreciate it so I can follow up the light issue.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hollywood.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff showed that they were trained properly and provided me with excellent service. I was even impressed with the valet service which normally is the downfall of most properties. It was the first time that a valet cleaned my windshield when they noticed it was dirty. Sometimes the smallest details means the most. The only negative was the long wait for the elevators in the morning and the small sink in the guest room. Other than that, my stay was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Peter_vpnet-

Great to hear that our staff took such good care of you during your visit to our hotel. Of course I'm a little biased but I feel that we have the best team of any hotel that truly do everything they can to ensure our guests are happy. It was also great to hear that you noticed the little touch of the valets cleaning your windshield. I'll make sure to share your "thanks" with the valet team. I'm sorry for the wait with the elevators and that the sink wasn't as large as you would have liked. Hopefully these two items didn't have too much of a negative impact on your visit. Please let me know if I can be of any future assisantce or help when planning your next trip.

Randy Player

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!