“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Universal Hotel

You added Sheraton Universal Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Universal Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Los Angeles, CA 91608 (Universal City Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #99 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Phila
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

Clean, close to attractions, nice view. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. Universal Studios and Citywalk within walking distance. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear denjolu-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Randy Player

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

The good: the staff and the location. The ok: room amenitites and decor. The not so good: this is an old hotel that's been renovated. The rooms are evidence of this. The bathroom was tiny, the light switches barely worked, stuff was just a bit rundown. The restaurant was really expensive ($14 for oatmeal, juice and coffee?!) and $7 a day for Internet.

But, this really is an ideal location for visiting Universal Studios and City Walk.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear BizDevRoadee-

Thank you taking the time to post your feedback. I was happy to hear that you found the staff and location of the hotel to be good. I'm sorry that you found the price for breakfast to be expensive. We try to offer various options for all different budgets and appetites from our full buffet in the restaurant to a yogurt parfait from our Starbucks kiosk. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and his team to see if we can add some more "cost effective" items to the menu. If you could please shoot me a message w/ your room number I'd appreciate it so I can follow up the light issue.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hollywood.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff showed that they were trained properly and provided me with excellent service. I was even impressed with the valet service which normally is the downfall of most properties. It was the first time that a valet cleaned my windshield when they noticed it was dirty. Sometimes the smallest details means the most. The only negative was the long wait for the elevators in the morning and the small sink in the guest room. Other than that, my stay was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Peter_vpnet-

Great to hear that our staff took such good care of you during your visit to our hotel. Of course I'm a little biased but I feel that we have the best team of any hotel that truly do everything they can to ensure our guests are happy. It was also great to hear that you noticed the little touch of the valets cleaning your windshield. I'll make sure to share your "thanks" with the valet team. I'm sorry for the wait with the elevators and that the sink wasn't as large as you would have liked. Hopefully these two items didn't have too much of a negative impact on your visit. Please let me know if I can be of any future assisantce or help when planning your next trip.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Universal for the 3rd time. As always my stay was excellent. The hotel is easy to get to as it is near Highway 101. Check in was a breeze. The bed in the room was nice and comfortable. The TV was a nice size. Bathroom was clean and so was the whole room. Had a nice room with a view of the pool and the houses on the hill. I enjoyed the pool a couple of times. Plenty of places to sit and lots of towels available. Had breakfast a couple of mornings. The buffet was very good. There was a variety of foods to choose from. Billy the waiter is outstanding at his job. He is friendly and attentive. Used the shuttle to get to Universal Studios. It is also a short walk to get from the hotel to the park. Dai the concierge is exceptional at his job. Dai was very helpful to me. I always saw him busy with guests when I was in the lobby. I will stay at the Sheraton Universal when I'm in the area again.

Room Tip: Have stayed here before and have always had a quiet room. I like a high floor with a view. Just as...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear JMB54_11-

Thank you for returning for your 3rd visit and for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to recognize both Billy and Dai for their excellent service. I'm so happy that you continue to have great stays in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to assist with your 4th, 5th and beyond stays!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed at this property in the past and all of my time there including this month, was just great. Staff was incredible from the housekeeping to the front desk to the restaurant and the bar area.

Weather was great in LA and I would never ever consider staying anywhere else.

Sheraton in Universal City is the place to be. I was glad to get back home but when I climbed into my bed, I couldn't help but wish I was still in the large king comfy bed at the Sheraton :)

Go there and stay - you will not regret it.

Margaret

Room Tip: Go on the website and look for deals and specials in regard to the rates.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Margaret F-

Thank you so much for your great review. I've shared your great comments with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed two nights at the Universal Sheraton with my partner. The room had a king size bed, small loveseat, coffee table and desk. Nice size bathroom, closet and balcony overlooking the pool. The room was clean and the hallways were quiet. The hotel has a spacious well-kept lobby and very friendly staff. And it's pet friendly. I would definitely stay here again when I get back to L.A.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Scorp1970-

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel. Unlike many hotel brands, Sheraton is happy to welcome your pet as we know they are part of the family as well. I'll make sure to pass along your comments to the staff. They'll be happy to hear you found everyone friendly and helpful and your room was clean and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Southern California.

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton Universal while visiting Universal Studios. The hotel was very clean, bed linens were crisp and the bed was comfortable and inviting. We got a very reasonable rate, even better than the on-line rate by calling the reservation line.
The staff at the hotel were helpful and very professional.
We had a minor problem when we first arrived of a toilet that would not flush. Our room was quickly changed by the front desk staff.
Self-parking at the hotel is $18.00 in a covered garage. There is a free shuttle to the Universal park. It was so convenient running about every 15 minutes.
The pool area was clean, plenty of poolside towels available. Very enjoyable!
If you are traveling with a family, there are some rooms around the pool area which probably be very convenient if you have children that want to spend a lot of time in the pool.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a great room on an upper floor overlooking the Hollywood hills
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Moonstone07-

Thank you for your great review and for choosing our hotel for your trip to Universal Studios. You mentioned our Lanai/Pool Side rooms. We do have these rooms on the ground floor providing the ability to walk out your sliding door and into the pool area which can be very convenient if you plan on spending time at the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Randy Player

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!