“Great place to stay but bad location. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West

You added Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 South Westlake Ave/I-10, Wilshire Blvd./6th St., Los Angeles, CA 90057 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #112 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Great place to stay but bad location. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The surrounding wasn't the best bit once I check in and got inside everything was perfect. The staff were nice and the morning breakfast was pretty good. The room where clean and organize. If you are expecting an amazing view since it's not far from downtown this is not the place.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Santa Fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a rather small HIE tucked into an established area. I nearly drove right pass the entrance which wasn't real obvious. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. There is a parking garage behind the building and I never had a problem parking PLUS it was free!!! Some people have commented about a scary location but other than a large amount of litter from some abandoned buildings next door I didn't find the area bad. I walked downtown (little over a mile) on 2 separate occasions and never felt threatened. This is a major US city and there are homeless and panhandlers but no more than any other city. It is a very ethnic area so some people may feel out of place but that lends charm to me. Rooms were large with a frig and coffeemaker. The building is older and so not the same as the newer HIE's. Standard HIE breakfast and there is a starbucks a few blocks away on Wilshire. There is a security guard in front and you need your key for the elevator. Wireless internet worked well. There is a metro stop a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Wilshire Blvd
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014

The Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. The Manager on duty (Stephanie) exceeded my expectations by providing the best service you can ask for. The room is clean, we'll organized and spacious. The hotel is perfect for watching basketball games at the staple center for you don't need to bring your car at the venue, they have a free shuttle for drop off/pick up. Overall I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

They had me at: Free Parking. Free Breakfast. Free Internet. What else is there? Great prices. Clean hotel. Modern lobby. Friendly staff. Typical HIE breakfasts but effective. This is LA. The neighborhood is fairly sketchy but drive your car in and park it. You're safe and free of worry. I will stay here again. Small jacuzzi area no pool. Vending on floors. Convenient to main roads and central to what I needed. Was in town for Fleetwood Mac concert and this place was perfect.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I was attending the Los Angles Auto Show with my wife and this was the closest location to the show. That was very convenient with the drop off and pick up shuttle service provided by the hotel. The area of town is SO SCARY we were afraid to venture out at night AT ALL. We were forced to eat delivered pizza both nights we were there. The area is just FILTHY, trash everywhere, homeless people everywhere as well. This is just like any other major downtown hotel one would say, BUT that is not true. Go to downtown San Antonio, TX and it is clean, landscaped and VERY WELL patrolled so one feels totally safe there. I was just not comfortable with my surroundings in LA at all. That I blame on the city NOT the hotel. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff was very helpful as well. I was worried about my vehicle in these surroundings, but the staff assured me all would be just fine and it was. Would I recommend this hotel, the HOTEL itself, YES, where it is located, NEVER!

Room Tip: If you HAVE to be in this area this place will scare you, but you will probably have no problems the...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

After American Airlines lost my luggage we finally drove about 30 minutes from LAX to the hotel. Our first impressions were horrible and we were scared of the area and underground parking. Its a pretty bad area and sketchy at night. Checking in it was 6am Toronto time and we were so thirsty. The guy at the desk gave us complimentary waters. The hotel was clean inside, no complaints. We finally fell asleep then at 8am I thought my friend was blowdrying her hair, then stopping, then re blowdrying her hair. I was really annoyed. I finally woke up and realized it wasn't her. But the hotel staff decided that 8am was a great time to vacuum the floor. So we walk downstairs to the free breakfast. It consists of microwaved eggs, microwaved bacon, cereal, a weird pancake machine that sometimes works. They had juice that was pretty good though. Theres no gift shop or restaurant anywhere near by. There was one really nice girl at the front young and spanish maybe. When ever we asked her about going somewhere she would print us off papers and help us out. Also do not rent your car with Hertz. This black lady was the rudest person we encountered on our whole trip. They gave us a car with damage and didn't have someone there to take note of the damage. then when we returned the car they had the audacity to ask us about the damage, good thing I took a picture of it prior to leaving the lot.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, December 14, 2014
Dear AmandaSasso,

Thank you so much for taking some time out of your busy day to leave us a feedback. I am elated by the fact that you were able to find delight in the service provided by one of our staff members from the front desk, which is also reflected on your generous ratings.

However, it is to my absolute regret to learn that your dining experience in our hotel fell below your expectations. In this regard, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Rest assured this matter is already taken into account as we always try our best to deliver the utmost service we could offer to our valued guests.

Again, thank you for your thoughts and I hope to have the chance to show you our improvements and in return reward us with your unwaivering loyalty.

Glenn M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express. A nice find if you are going to a basketball game at Staples Center. The hotel van will drop you off and it is a fairly simple train ride back. If you have a car, you may park it pro bono at the Holiday Inn.

The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was better than expected.

The neighborhood is not as bad as some reviewers made it sound. I walked around both during the day and late at night and did not feel nervous at all about my surroundings. The area features lots of Hispanic immigrants and 99 cent stores during the day, and is not threatening in the least. Enjoy. Aproveite!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West? Share your experiences!