“Hotel is ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 South Westlake Ave/I-10, Wilshire Blvd./6th St., Los Angeles, CA 90057 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #134 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tolkamer, The Netherlands
“Hotel is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Arrived here in the evening. Check inn was very polite and efficient.

The room is good sized, clean and nicely kept.

The elevator is slow but ok that is something you have to get used to.

Breakfast was good, as normal in HIEX. The orange juice was sirop and I do not really like the stuf. There was enough fruits so all and all as it normally is in HIEX.

The area is not so nice. When I went outdoor I did not hear any English only spanish. I do not really mind but if people also start to great me in Spanish while I am in an English speaking country I do not really like it anymore.

Restaurants are not near. Only some fastfood and when I looked inside at Jack in the Box the personel was behind bullet proof glass. Not something that gives me trust.

All and all the hotel is ok, I disliked the neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. the hotel is nice, new, clean and equipped with all comfort. has a room with computer and free wifi access, free parking, free breakfast and plentiful and also coffee and hot tea was available all day. also present daily newspapers in the area. staff very friendly and qualified. The hotel also has one other thing that is very convenient a shuttle that brings hotel guests free within 4 miles. the only flaw we found is that the hotel is completely decentralized and in the neighborhood somewhat degraded. very inconvenient to get to the walk of fame, hollywood and bevery hills

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived in town at 9AM and were very surprised that the hotel immediately checked us in. The staff was awesome but I felt the rooms were not equal to the rate. The hotel value was not there. I am totally basing my opinion on other Holiday Inn's where I have stayed.

• Stayed September 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I love to stay at IHG properties for there great customer service. Aida was magnificent always attentive to my needs, always assisting everyone in a very pleasant manner. The only thing I didn't like was the attitude from apparently the General Manager. As a Manager myself, you don't tell your employees what you did wrong in front of customers. That's very unprofessional and disrespectful towards the employee and customers. Overall, I really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Room is standard, a little worn. Booked through priceline, the description said there was a microwave in the room, but it was not there. Tried resolving it with the hotel but they said we have to take it up with priceline as only their suites come with microwave. They cant do anything. Hotel took a copy of my reservation confirmation to check with Priceline. Breakfast area is small and crowded.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Trippyhappy,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced and we regret the issues you had surrounding the room you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. Despite your disappointment, we hope that you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Many people have commented on the great value this hotel provides. The same two nights I was here, the Bonaventure downtown was only $15 more a night, but Bonaventure does charge for parking.

The area is indeed a bit sketchy and I wouldn't wander around after dark. It is quite convenient, however, if you have a car.

The rooms have a rather drab, putty colored paint job, but were clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfortable, and had a lot of extra pillows. There is a fridge in the room, our came with the previous tenants' bag of grapes.

Bathroom lacks counter space and has a powerful hot shower. During the first night stay, I head a drip, drip, drip noise all night long. Turns out it was coming from the ac unit. Maintenance installed a new one the next day while we were out and it worked much better than the old.

So pros: Friendly staff, free parking, small hot tub, breakfast with Oikos yogurt and a pancake maker, and a clean room.
cons: neighborhood

I will stay here again as it is super convenient to a school I visit. I probably won't be out much after dark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Cassyt,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad you appreciated our amenities and free parking. However, I am sorry you found some aspects of our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oakton, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotels in the downtown area range from $300-700/night! Whew! I'm paying $170/night. The immediate area isn't one you want to stroll around in, but they offer shuttle service to anywhere in a 4 mile radius....you need to prearrange for the shuttle. The hotel itself is relatively new and so it feels very comfortable. There is NO street noise in the room with the windows closed, even though there is a lot of car traffic outside. Wi-fi is free. And a really expansive breakfast is included....think sweet rolls, cereals, eggs, ham, sausage, pancakes, waffles, fruit...etc. Plus parking is free!! The front desk staff could not have been nicer. Seyed checked us in and was very efficient and thoughtful in welcoming us and getting our paperwork correct. if you want to stay close to downtown LA and don't want to break the bank...this is a great place to stay.
A note to the management - when we stayed you were completely booked. So you knew every room was going to be used that night. The AC should have been turned on in every room BEFORE guests arrive! It's just basic hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Los Angeles Downtown West? Share your experiences!