“Nice 1 night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Ranked #72 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lancashire, England
“Nice 1 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I didn't use many of the facilities but I can say that the shuttle works perfectly and it's a very short trip from LAX. Comfy bed and clean well equipped bathroom.

I have no complaints at all for a 1 night stay between flights.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport. I will be sure to share your positive comments with all of our associates here and we will look forward welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Paul Gibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salamander Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Found a good deal online so we decided to stay here before heading back home to break up our long trip. Check in was a bit slow but once we were helped, the service was great. We requested a cot prior to arrival and doubled checked this at check in. The receptionist called housekeeping right away to have it sent to our room.

We arrived in our room which was lovely. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We waited for over an hour for our cot to arrive so I called housekeeping. They said they had no cots requested and apologized and within 10 minutes it arrived thankfully.

We were going to eat elsewhere but the hotel menu looked good. We wanted to eat in our room but didn't want to pay a higher price plus delivery fee to do so, so we ordered at the restaurant and brought it upstairs ourselves. The food was delicious!!

As for the room, the only requests I would have would be to have a small fridge. It is hard to travel with a baby and keep milk cold etc so that would be a nice addition to the room. The bathroom sliding door was also a bit strange as it was either the door for the closet or the bathroom. This is such a small detail but when you have a one year old who is into everything, it would have been nice to block both off to keep him out of trouble. I'm sure most guests probably don't have kids at that age or at all so I understand why it is done this way.

Overall a great stay and much better than your Hilton neighbours down the road :) We'll be back if ever in LA again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you overall, but also where we can improve. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one night after a late-night Friday arrival. Though the hotel's shuttle was free and did the best it could, with airport construction and the sheer number of arrivals at that time it still took probably an hour from the time we exited the plane until I reached the hotel.

So it was around 1 AM that checked in and I was given a room on the 16th floor. Mine was a connecting room but I never heard noise from the room next door, for which I was most glad.

The room contained the usual: a king-sized bed with dual night stands, an easy chair with a lamp, a desk, a couple of drawers for storage, a flat-screen TV and a mini-fridge. There was also a coffee maker with a couple of paper cups and a few coffee packets, though these were tucked down on a shelf and not immediately visible. Didn't matter to me as I don't drink coffee but for those who do, don't panic if you don't see the coffee maker at first!

Entering the bathroom I noticed I'd been given a handicapped room as there was no shower/tub combo but only a roll-in shower. Though there was a lip on the floor of the shower, water still made it into the main area by the sink but at least there was a central drain to help. Since I didn't need a handicapped stall, it was a bit annoying that the handheld showerhead could not be directed in a way that I could use it hands-free. I do understand that I'm not the primary target customer of the room but that doesn't make it better. Fortunately I was only staying one night so I muddled through. I did think it odd that there were no shelves for soap or shampoo. I ended up having to fold down the built-in seat just so I had a place to put those things.

As I was on a club floor and a Platinum member I was entitled to breakfast in the club but it is closed on the weekends so I was given a voucher for the breakfast buffet. I don't know what breakfast is like in the club but the buffet was excellent. I ended up eating a whole lot more than I intended because I kept wanting to try a little bit of everything.

I took the shuttle back to the airport to meet a friend who was arriving and the ride back was fortunately much less adventurous than it had been the night before. A lot of that had to do with the sizeable decrease in traffic in the area in general.

The staff was uniformly polite and attentive. I have no complaints from this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Cheers!!

Port orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The shuttle was easy access to LAX. Quick ride. Hotel was nice. Room was big. I've stayed in Crowne Plazas before. They had better amenities than this one. Only had shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Nothing else.

Room Tip: You can hear the planes if you are in a roos facing the airport.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

midsouth USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband & I wanted to stay near LAX for a flight. We got this room at very fair price
from a discount website. Before arrival, both Mario and Jose were wonderful on the phone (truly caring). Upon arrival Perry was patient, warm & terrific. We asked for & received a quiet room. We almost never heard a jet outside. Room faced a car parking lot. We wanted to return a rental car the night we arrived & take the hotel shuttle the next morning. However 2 things made us change our mind. One was that I was disconcerted by reviews which said there is a lot of competition for the shuttle & it could pass by front of the hotel full for up to an hour. The other hesitation was that I totally over-packed & did not want to have to bring so much stuff up many floors, down a number of floors & then up & off a hotel shuttle yet again. So we extended the rental car to the following morning w/rental car company. I was delighted to learn of lesser hotel parking fee for not taking a car out of parking lot until check-out. We expected to go out to eat but were extremely tired. We stayed at hotel & bought pizza. It was so fresh, so good & truly reasonable in price. We found all personnel very customer service oriented & professional. Pizza & gift shop prices both surprisingly fair. The room was a joy: bedding and mattress great, room restive. Bathroom good size, immaculate, good quality. (blow dryer there though not listed in amenities). We were very pleased with all aspects of stay. You may have need to know that we left for airport on a Saturday AM. As we left, not 1 but 2 almost empty hotel shuttles came by. Perhaps Saturday is a particularly good time to get shuttle. I would stay here for a longer LA stay. Found it very pleasant and true value..

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for it instead of complaining.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and the services we offer. Thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza LAX and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Free shuttle from the airport. Easy check in though the requests I made for a king bedroom prior to arriving seemed to have been ignored.
Rooms are large. Basic toiletries. We had a room on a high floor. Could hear planes all night, though by the second night we were so tired we slept well. Free wifi, small gym.
Hotel could do with a bit more finesse.
Nearby there is a Burger King, further down the main road there is Carl's Jr does nice burgers, and a little further is Denny's where we had the most enormous breakfasts!

Stayed April 2015

Helsingborg,sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Close to airport and not very well insulated, our room was facing the airport so it got pretty loud sometimes.
Cleanliness of the room was bad, sticky carpet and bathroom was dirty upon check in. We called for housekeeping and it took almost one hour for them to show up.
Beds were comfortable.
Would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2015
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the conditions described in your review. There is certainly no excuse so I will not try to offer one.

I can assure you that we are focused on continually improving everything about the hotel and I do hope that you will give us another chance.

Thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon!

Paul Gibbs

Been to Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!