“Good Location - Simple Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5985 W. Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #84 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Location - Simple Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 days.
Location and therefore connectivity is obviously excellent.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone having a transit layover for a night or two. Excellent bed materials for comfortable sleep.

Only issue for me - Breakfast selection was horrible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Thanks again for letting us know that we did a good job for you overall, but also where we can improve. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles!

Paul Gibbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

From the time we got out of the shuttle bus where we were greeted with a smile, to the front desk agent who recognized my status, already had the room key ready and made us feel like we were important with a complimentary upgrade...I cannot fault this hotel as an airport property and will certainly be back again! Thank you Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport. I will be sure to share your positive comments with all of our associates here and we will look forward welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you have an early flight out of LAX, I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza, it has long term parking available but there is cheaper parking right next door at 5959 Century Blvd but this is a great place to stay before heading out of town. Great staff, very helpful, knowledgeable and ready to help with anything.
Shuttle service every 20 minutes.

Room Tip: There is airplane noise but it is super close to the airport so duh????
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel and the services we offer. Thanks for choosing the Crowne Plaza LAX and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and upon check in I asked the front desk if I parked in the right parking garage because the walk was far and it just seemed like perhaps I made a mistake. The front desk looked at my ticket and said I was in fact in the right garage.

She then proceeded to check me in and when I went to sign for the daily rate, I noticed she put me in a handicap room. When I inquired about that, she said the hotel was all sold out and made no attempt to find another room for me.

I have to mention that my dad is disabled so while I am not against staying in a handicap room, I do know that the closet is low and therefore I knew my clothes would drag the ground which is why I don't like to stay in a room with these accommodations.

Next, when I got to the room I noticed she furthermore put me near the elevator, the ice machine and the fire exit so the noise from those doors and machines was a lot to digest too.

I just can't stop thinking that she put me in these accommodations all because she was having a bad day and wanted to stick it to someone who simply asked a question about the parking structure being so far away.

One last comment. As someone who travels for a living, I have to mention that I have actually had an almost identical situation happen with a Crowne Plaza hotel putting me in a handicap room.

I really think you need to look into your policy of room accommodations and you need to improve the training and service of your front desk staff. I have never had a situation even close to this happen in any competitor hotel, yet it's now happened twice in a Crowne Plaza hotel...inexcusable.

Room Tip: Email the general manager and let them know you're room expectations before check in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the conditions described in your review. There is certainly no excuse so I will not try to offer one.

I can assure you that we are focused on continually improving everything about the hotel and I do hope that you will give us another chance.

Thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is conveniently located near the LAX airport and they had surprisingly frequent shuttle service. When I was leaving the next shuttle had arrived before ours had even departed. and I estimate is was only 15 minutes since the previous shuttle had departed.

The rooms appear to be recently refurbished although signs of the previous incarnations remain (tiled shower walls, slightly yellowing AC unit, older shower head). That said the rooms are spacious and well appointed. I also appreciate the plethora of outlets, especially near the bed, as well as the number light fixtures as too often hotels opt for the 'gloomy and depressing lighting scheme. The addition of the AV panel for the TV was a welcome amenity and one I wish more hotels would implement *cough* Hilton *cough*

Unfortunately thats where things started going downhill. The HDMI input on the AV panel wouldn't work because someone had jammed the cable down with such force that the cable was pretty much broken.

Well, no matter I'll head to the gym after I ask for a wakeup call. I pressed the 'Wakeup call' button on the room phone expecting to be able to request a wakeup call. Ha - nope. Just a fast loud beeping answered. Housekeeping? Same. None of the labeled buttons worked so either my phone was also broken or they chose phones that in no way match their phone system. Ok - 0 for Operator it is.

The gym itself was surprisingly large and the equipment appeared to be in good shape although a tad on the older side. There are two TVs in the room and a remote. But don't be fooled - the remote is just for show. It doesn't actually work

As I was about to shower back in my room I took a look at their shampoo/conditioner options. There was a third white bottle next to them and I wondered what it was. Unfortunately I made the mistake of actually picking it up. The backside was covered in a dark, sticky substance. And it was the lotion. *Sigh*

I try not to be too picky about hotels but I do expect to be able to pick up items in my room and not end up with sticky stuff all over my hands.

Now, more aware of potential lapses in basic housekeeping, I did a more thorough check of the room and found stains on the sheet on the side I sleep on. The thin walls appear to be the least of my concerns about the hotel (and they are thin)

The breakfast buffet was not worth the cost. The quality was there but the options severely limited. This is the first time I have ever considered getting breakfast at an airport to be a better value.

On initial appearances the hotel is nice but the execution is flawed and the details neglected. There are many better options nearby in the same price range.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincerest apologies for any difficulties that you may have encountered during your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza International Airport.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in that regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your comments in detail with the appropriate staff members.

We truly value your patronage and hope to see you again on your next trip to Los Angeles!

Best Regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

You would only use this hotel if arriving / leaving by the airport - it is a nice hotel but whilst you do get a little aircraft noise - you can get a LOT of motor cycle noise.
There was a Harley weekend the time we were there and 'revving' of the bikes went on until the early hours of the morning.
There is a free shuttle to / from the airport and free wifi in the hotel.
The 'Jazz Bar' is more of a sports bar - very little atmosphere at the hotel - but that is typical of the business hotels in the area.
Unfortunately we HAD TO USE THE HOTEL when LAX was shut down due to a 'shooter' going wild at the start of November 2013.
We got caught up in the lock down and then subsequent evacuation of the airport - I was very surprised by the peoples resilience at this action - they all took it in their strides - apart from me!!!!
At least we got put on the 12th floor with access to the business club (and the free drinks between 17:30 and 19:00) which was definitely a bonus.
The breakfast was very good ($20) and the lounge snacks (nachos and others items off the menu) - were good value.
I would stay here if I landed late / departed early from LAX

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza LAX. I will be sure to share your positive comments and suggestions for improvement with all of our associates here and we will look forward welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to L.A.

Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I found the Crowne Plaza to be a very nice Hotel. I was in Los Angeles on Business for only one night and needed convience to the airport. The Hotel staff was very helpfull and the shuttle is a great amenity. I found the hotel to be clean although recently updated. Close to the airport, it didn't seem to bother me in my room.

Room Tip: ask for the quite side to the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport. Thanks for the feedback and we certainly appreciate your patronage.

Paul Gibbs

Been to Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!